Is prostate massage safe?

Hi

I've been thinking about buying a prostate massager and have been reading through online and lots of sites including doctors on those sites are saying don't do it as it is very dangerous, are they correct? Should I do it?

Hi J buyer

As long as you only ever use a toy designed to be inserted into your anus, prostate massage is more than just safe; it's essential to good penile health. Most medical professionals advise regular prostate massages as a way to remove toxins and keep your manhood performing at its best!

We have several guides about prostate massage and anal play which you might find useful. 

Just make sure you always go for a toy with a flared base, and pick something with a bulbous, larg-ish curved tip to make finding your prostate easiest. 

Oh, and of course, don't forget a good quality anal lube too! 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hi J buyer

As long as you only ever use a toy designed to be inserted into your anus, prostate massage is more than just safe; it's essential to good penile health. Most medical professionals advise regular prostate massages as a way to remove toxins and keep your manhood performing at its best!

We have several guides about http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/male-sex-toys/buyers-guide/bad-boy-aneros-prostate-massagers-stimulation/ and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/ which you might find useful.

Just make sure you always go for a toy with a flared base, and pick something with a bulbous, larg-ish curved tip to make finding your prostate easiest.

Oh, and of course, don't forgeta good quality anal lube too!

+1

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hi J buyer

We have several guides about http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/male-sex-toys/buyers-guide/bad-boy-aneros-prostate-massagers-stimulation/ and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/ which you might find useful.

Oh, and of course, don't forget a good quality anal lube t

Perhaps you could give references for these medical professionals who advise regular prostate massages as no doctor I have ever seen has suggested this?

I would suggest most men on the planet (and for the past few thousand years or so) have never had a massage there and have lived quite happily without it.

Of course prostate cancer is something that concerns lots of men of a certain age but that is another issue.

I'm wondering where you got your information. It's dangerous if you have acute prostatitis, i.e. an infection in your prostate. You'd know if you had that though. I've never seen/heard a doctor say anything other than that though. In fact, quite the opposite when my partner (who has a genetic risk for prostate cancer) has been told it's a good thing to do.

You get a lot of doctors saying that the benefits are not proven, so it is not 'good for you'. But that doesn't make it bad for you or dangerous and there are, of course, plenty of other people out there who can form a logical argument as to why there are loads of health benefits. Certainly I trust my own GP, who is all for it.

Like Jess said, be sure to use the correct equipment and procedure (since it is arguably dangerous to put anything inside your body if it's not clean and designed to go there) and you'll have nothing to worry about. The logic of self prostate massage being safe revolves around you being in control both of choosing what to insert and of how hard you stimulate yourself, as you'll be in pain and stop before you can cause yourself any damage physically.

Plus, on a more morbid note, there are so many thousands of men who directly play with their prostate (or even just engage in anal play as a whole) on a daily basis that if they were injuring themselves in doing so, we'd know by now as there would be a dozen news reports gleefully telling us all about the dangers of touching your special place. Really, we'd know by now if there was a common occurence of injury from prostate massage.

I can't see how with the right toy and a bit of common sense it can be bad for you in any way. This of course being my personal thought on the matter.

As for most men throughout time not having massaged their prostate, this is likely true, but then back in the day nobody went exploring to check on it after a certain age either. If you told a man many moons ago to stick a finger up his backside to check on things I'm pretty sure he might not quite see it as people do now :)

I reckon that's the first thing we need to do if they invent time travel...and be sure to bring a camera ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)