Is this a fetish or not?

I don’t like pubic hair either on me or others and struggle to get intimate with someone who doesn’t remove their pubes.

Would you call it a fetish/kink or fairly normal?

2 Likes

I’d call it a preference rather than a kink or fetish. Kinks and fetishes are things that add extra fun or intensity to a sexual experience - disliking body hair doesn’t really fall into that region IMHO.

5 Likes

I’m with PleasureDrone on this subject, it’s a preference. I’m the same I just don’t like bodily hair.

1 Like

It sounds like more than a preference, but I don’t think it’s a kink or a fetish either.

It’s probably a turn off.

Edit: I was reading ‘preference’ as ‘I prefer chocolate than vanilla’ rather than ‘I fucking despise vanilla and cannot become truly intimate with anyone who does like it’.

1 Like

I don’t like foreskin. Eucchhh. Cut every time for me, please! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes that’s how I feel. Have you asked guys to remove their pubes? Have they always obliged? I’ve never found a woman who prefers it most find it a turn off!

1 Like

That’s interesting I’ve heard of that before. So do you not go with men that do have foreskin? Has a man ever had his remove for you?

1 Like

I’d say it sounds like more of preference. It’s totally normal for us all to like/dislike different things :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I met my husband he was competing in triathlons so he shaved his body, I would have asked him if he was hairy, he doesn’t like pubic hair so we’re quite similar. I wouldn’t do bj’s if they were pubes. One of my friends loves hairy chests but finds hairy backs and pubes revolting. It’s all personal preference. :smiley:

It’s nice to know that others feel the same as me. I wouldn’t go down if there were pubes but have always felt that is a bit shallow. Interesting that your hubby did triathlons I didn’t realise that hair removal especially pubes was required for that sport. Before you met hubby had you been with guys with pubes? If so how did you deal with it?

1 Like

A lot of cyclists and triathletes shave body hair as seconds count and they really are competitive people. I always told previous partners I don’t like body hair, it was never an issue really. Communication is important, I wasn’t judgmental with them and it was their choice.

If it is simply that pubic hair is a turn off then it is a preference. If you cannot get sexual gratification at all without all involved being without hair then it might be a fetish (well a partialism), although most definitions of what a fetish is require the presence of a specific thing rather than the absence of it, but that may just be language choices.

At the end of the day though, it isn’t more or less valid if it is a preference or a fetish so I wouldn’t worry too much about categorising your choices.

4 Likes

Thanks for your responses. It seems that I am fairly normal and that there are many other people who share my preference. That has made me feel much better as I have never met anyone especially female who prefer it. In fact my experiences have been the completely opposite.

I knew that cyclists and swimmers shaved their legs but never knew that pubes actually made a difference in that respect. I have always been open with my views in relationships however it’s never worked for me unfortunately.

I’m with @PleasureDrone that it’s just a preference.

Personally doesn’t matter that much to me; I do like shaven but not a game changer for me

Like everyone else I agree with @PleasureDrone I consider it a preference not so much a kink. I personally don’t need to completely gone but prefer trimmed/groomed at least.

Normal in my mind, having been shaven along with the wife for about twenty years it is our normal, I always think that a pussy looks sweeter shaven

Its normal some people like certain things, to be honest i dont like hair on the guys I give oral too because once you go all the way down your nose is just on the hair and its just not that good. So yeAh its prefrence

Yep I’d say a preference too , we’ve been shaved for over 20 years , my wife first shaved when having a gyne op and never went back to hairy as she found she loved the look and feel. She asked me to try it and I too found I preferred the shaved look and feel

:thinking:…my 2 cents, is it depends @MalRoss . If u like completely bare…for lack of a more graphic description…say everything bare between the knees and the bellybutton…then I’d say it’s a fettish territory. If u like certain bits bare like shaft, scrotum, vulva, anus…it’s more of a preference. It’s difficult to interpret what ppl mean when they say “all pubic” hair…Im generally ok with hair on the pubis mound, but like bare below that to enjoy oral sex more.