Lovehoney scam emails or legit?

I received an email today requesting my mobile number (if I wanted to sign up) for exclusive offers and offering an instant 20% discount.

I added my number and am now thinking it could have been a fake email. Did anyone else receive this?

2 Likes

I did and wondered the same thing.

@Lovehoney_Brenna do you know if it’s legit?

1 Like

Yep and I wondered too!

1 Like

I feel left out as I never got one :upside_down_face:
If it only asked for your phone number I would not worry too much. Have a close look for spelling mistakes, look at the email addy that it came from to see how it was formatted.
Did it give a link to another page where you had to give details?

1 Like

@MsSubExperimenter @Silkyhat i panicked because I accidentally typed my number in wrong and worried that person would get texts with details to my account.

I then contacted customer care who didn’t seem to know anything about it and made me worry even more! But I’ve just received another email from lovehoney with the discount code so I think it could be from them.

I’ll wait and see how many cold calls I get…:joy::weary:

No it was literally just asking for a phone number so not too bad I suppose. Oh no I hesitated posting this because I didn’t want anyone feeling left out but then I figured it was a hoax anyways! If it is real I’m sure you’ll get one soon :blush:

I got it too, pretty sure it’s legit but didn’t get it until after placing an order earlier so haven’t actually done anything about it yet, not sure I really want to recieve text messages either.

Comes from the regular mail.lovehoney address so think it’s just a marketing thing so they can send you messages with offers encouraging more purchasing.

1 Like

@PrettyKitty24 If it was a scam you would not have received a reply with a discount code, that’s not how scam emails generally work. Honestly it will be fine.

Lol I know I’ve just realised that, I got the second email after I posted this and all the links work. I’ve fallen for so many lately I cant stress over anymore!! Panic over :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure its normal for them to ask for your number, BUT ONLY if you receive messages from them about the latest sales/deals. Though it could be a scam because I never received it.

Never received the text but got the email so :woman_shrugging: I started reading this thread thinking “panic” but now it’s over, thanks all :rofl:

I got the same email but i thought lovehoney had my contact details anyway

1 Like

Ditto on the email. No phone at the moment though so its moot for me anyway :laughing:

My bad :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep I got this email but deleted it as didn’t want to share my number

I have had the email…
Replied with my number but have had nothing back at all and have an item in my basket so would like the 20% discount :frowning:

I’ve never had that and I have signed up to emails. Maybe check the email address?

1 Like

All looks legit will
Ask live chat

It’s the normal email address and I think they have our numbers for delivery each time but can’t use them for marketing. Basically, this is asking permission to send you the normal promotions via text.

No one needs to be unduly worried!

3 Likes

I got the email & added my number too. Didn’t even think about it being a scam. :grimacing: