It MUST be me!

Or does anyone else have the odd problem?

I've just received the Tracey Cox G-Spot Vibrator, have spritzed with LH's own toy cleaner, rinsed and left to dry. Went to get down to the always fun business of trying a new toy but... it smells odd. Almost fishy!

I've washed it again (twice), once drying with a cloth, the other leaving it air dry, but the smell is still there. Faint, but definitely there.

I'm so disappointed. I had to wait the extra day over the Bank Holiday for delivery and have been on pins waiting for it, but now I'm afraid to try it.

Is this normal?

I've bought quite a few items from LH since joining in the summer, had one or two problems promptly sorted by the LH team, but how do I tackle this?

I really don't want to return it for a replacement that might be the same, so has anyone had any toys that smell a bit odd when new?

(Stamps foot!!) I want to play - I'm dying to see what this G-Spot thing is all about!

It's not. I've definitely had this problem before.

I don't have this particular product but I can say that some brands just come out this way. All I can suggest is continuing to clean it because it will eventually go away or send it back and try another. Sorry. THis is such a pain when it happens!x

Yes- all my sex toys have had a distinct 'new toy smell'.

When you say fishy, is it really bad or is it new electrical smell fishy? GHDs are a wonderful example of new electronic fishy. It's pretty common.

I've got a selection of Tracy Cox toys, I've just given them a sniff out of curiosity. The ones that have lived out of their boxes smell neutral on the outside, but smell odd if you sniff inside the battery compartment. The ones that have lived in their boxes have the odd smell on both the outside and the inside. So Tracy Cox toys definitely appear to have a pretty strong 'new toy' smell. And yes, to me it has the fishy electronics smell too. So, I would surmise it is pretty normal tbh!

Honestly, if you're scared to insert it I'd send it back. At least that way if the replacement smells the same, you know it's just new toy smell not there's something wrong smell. Obviously I don't want to reccomend you just use it as I haven't smelt yours, but figured I'd let you know mine have a fishy electronic smell too so it could be the norm. I've never had problems from using them for the record. But I'd hate you to just because I've said this, so really...if it doubt, leave it out (of you) :p

You could always use a condom over it?

Bex - thank you. So glad it isn't just me.

Lovebirds - I have the LoveHoney Humdinger and it has no smell (never had one from new). My Womanizer just smells of plastic. My TC bullet has no smell either, nor have any of the toys I've had from the Basics range.

I know what you mean about the electrical one as my GHDs were the same (btw, if your GHDs die, don't buy new, replace with the L'Oreal SteamPod. It's amazing. Cuts straightening time by more than a half and "seals" your style. I have difficult, fine, frizzy hair and this makes it normal and "swingy" for the first time in my life - the condition is amazing. Okay, done now).

This is deffo a most unpleasant fishy smell that gets stronger after washing. However, your suggestion for using a condom is inspired! At least I can try it in the meantime while washing the smell out.

Thanks again, Both.

Hi, I have this toy and just had a quick smell. I have washed mine as I've used it but I don't remember it having any particular scent when I first got it. The box does have a new toy smell but I wouldn't describe it as fishy!

It seems that the whole of the Tracey Cox toy range has a distinctive new smell, some toys it's stronger than others. It's perfectly safe to use, and the smell should fade quite quickly. But if your not happy contact Lovehoney via live chat or customer services.

I'd also suggest to try it out with a condom, because this toy has been my biggest disappoinment so far - I couldn't feel the vibrations. So you might decide to not keep the toy anyway. I don't remember its smell, but my nose is not very sensitive.

That's weird, I've tried quite a few TC toys and never had any smell of them.

Btw, I was beginning to doubt the existence of the elusive g-spot until I tried these 3 toys:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30909 - expensive, but I got mine in the xmas sale

an excellent budget friendly g spot toy:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28681

And the best glass toy I've tried

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32877

So if TC doesn't work for you I'd highly recommend one of these.

Thanks All.

I've washed it and rinsed it really well, and let it air for a few days, but it's still whiffy.

Think I'll try the glass one, RRS, easy to clean (can't possibly smell!), and I'm intrigued with temperature play.

My 2016 list is getting longer by the minute!