New vibrator

Hello all

I just need a bit of advice, I got my first vibrator but the chemical smell is putting me off!! Please tell me what I should do to remove that horrible smell. Thank you inadvance

What vibrator is it? What's it made of?

Unfortunately a lot of jelly and lower grade silicone have that smell, and most of the time you can't get rid of it!! That has been my experience, don't know if someone else has a trick but I think it's a permanent smell because of what its made of. Might fade over time but I haven't found this to happen much if at all.

If it really puts you off I would recommend buying a toy made of plastic, high grade silicone, metal, glass, wood, whatever you fancy. You will pay more but get what you pay for (ie no smell and safer material) .

Hope this helps a bit, but someone probs has better ideas than me! xx

Morning MissPinky which vibrator did you get? Then if others have the same one they may also have experienced the same issue and ave solved it.

Really depends on the make. Was it from here? Have you tried antibac wash?

Thanks for the reply, its the pink jelly/rubber one

Do you have a link to the product page?

Judging from the materials you've described, I do think its gonna be a permanent smell. If it puts you off big time, remember that lovehoney have a 1 year returns policy :) so you can always exchange it for a different one made of a different material!

PS a link would definitely be helpful x

sounds like "new jelly toy smell" i had this problem with a jelly vibe i bought else where about a year ago the best thing you can do is wash your vibrator with hot water and a little bit of soap you might have to wash it several times before the smell diminishes i've noticed the phthalate free jelly toys don't really have this problem

MissChar wrote:

Judging from the materials you've described, I do think its gonna be a permanent smell. If it puts you off big time, remember that lovehoney have a 1 year returns policy :) so you can always exchange it for a different one made of a different material!

PS a link would definitely be helpful x

This! ^

Like Char said, from the materials you've described it does sound like the smell will either last a long time or be permanent. If you're not happy with it get in touch with LH about returning it for something else.

ABS plastic, silicone or even metal would be a much better choice of material for an internal vibrator. Silicone and metal cost a bit more but with these materials you can be sure it's body-safe and shouldn't have too much of a smell to them if any.

Can anyone recommend a high class silicone realistic dildo, expece won't matter here I'll put it in my wishlist preferably cyberskin as well, Thanks not black though.

kittencub wrote:

Can anyone recommend a high class silicone realistic dildo, expece won't matter here I'll put it in my wishlist preferably cyberskin as well, Thanks not black though.

Here's a list of the silicone realistic dildo's on here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/realistic-dildos/all/all/silicone/all/all/

Athough I haven't tried any myself, i've heard such good things about the Tantus and Vixen ones. Personally, if I was buying I'd go for one of them

Thanks tantus are already on my wishlist will check out the vixon ones.