Ive found a new site you may like!

If you're like me and got a nosey people at home and are worried about ordering from LH I've found a website called https://my.bybox.com/, its basically a service where you get your orders sent to your own unique delivery address and from that address they deliver to a local locker, you get a code to your phone to open the locker up and its like £2 for a delivery, I think its fantastic, Going to be so temped to order more from lovehoney now I know I wont have people asking me what I've got! :D

Yeah, I've just done a search it was on here in 2011, I think they've got a lot more lockers around now, just in my local area there 3 I could easily get to so I guess its a viable option depending on where you live, it looks like a good deal though, I've placed an order with another website and will see how it goes, normally their couriers leave my stuff on my doorstep regardeless of wether I'm in or not so its got to be a better option that finding my parcel going missing again lol

Only ever ordered condoms from LH, but they come in a very ordinary mailing, as I assume other things do also. If someone is going through your personal post, you are hanging out with the wrong people.

I've used this delivery service for ordering lingerie off other websites in the past, and it's ideal because I don't want the packages coming to my home address.

BlueStar - it would be great to hear how you get on with using it with another site.

It would be awesome if LoveHoney offered direct delivery to one of these collection boxes in the future, although I suppose in the meantime it is possible to send your parcel to one by setting it as the delivery address - it just might take longer...

oooh really? i think id be quite interested in that.... i get everything sent to my boyfriends right now, so isnt that much of a big deal

There's a company in Ireland that do this, called ParcelMotel, and they're a total lifesaver! Our postal service uses mostly bikes, not vans, so if there are parcels to be delivered they tend to just send them to the depot without even attempting delivery. The depot is only open 8am - 5pm Mon-Fri, so it's IMPOSSIBLE to get something collected if you work a normal 9-5!

ParcelMotel has lockers at 24-hour accessible locations (only in Dublin) and it's €3.50 per parcel to pick them up. I use them aaaaaaaaall the time. Run by Nightline couriers so they're definitely reliable, and they have an NI address as well so I can take advantage of free UK postage. Win all round. It does take a tiny bit longer to get the parcel, but only 24 hours.

i live with my mum, and she often is the one who opens the door for my LH packages. though she askes me what i brought she understands and respects my privacy. LH packaging comes in plain brown boxes etc so there shouldn't be anything to worry about with anyone unless someone else actually open it =/
I personally wouldnt pay to get my mail sent from place to place when i can get it sent for free to my house. That's just me though. i'm sure people would find it great if they feel uncomfortable having LH products sent straight to their home.

CorrieA wrote:

i live with my mum, and she often is the one who opens the door for my LH packages. though she askes me what i brought she understands and respects my privacy. LH packaging comes in plain brown boxes etc so there shouldn't be anything to worry about with anyone unless someone else actually open it =/
I personally wouldnt pay to get my mail sent from place to place when i can get it sent for free to my house. That's just me though. i'm sure people would find it great if they feel uncomfortable having LH products sent straight to their home.

Absolutely agree, though I'm single and don't live with my mum, I still found it hard to understand the problem. My flatmate gets post through every week, don't know what it is, don't really care (probably video games) but even if you do live with your parents... tell them its private, or make up something. LH, as is most firms of anything sexual, are very discreet. No need to pay more x

Janny wrote:

CorrieA wrote:

Absolutely agree, though I'm single and don't live with my mum, I still found it hard to understand the problem. My flatmate gets post through every week, don't know what it is, don't really care (probably video games) but even if you do live with your parents... tell them its private, or make up something. LH, as is most firms of anything sexual, are very discreet. No need to pay more x

depends really. my family are very friendly. by saying its private it shows its something i dont want them to know, i.e. something relating to sex or drugs. considering im normally like, 'look what i just bought ', itd be a bit obvious, hahaha. for the £2, i neednt sit there thinking up excuses for what the package could be. my normal excuse is 'i dont tell anyone cause it winds mum up!' but i dont think i can keep that up for much longer hahaha

fistinglover69 wrote:

Janny wrote:

CorrieA wrote:

depends really. my family are very friendly. by saying its private it shows its something i dont want them to know, i.e. something relating to sex or drugs. considering im normally like, 'look what i just bought ', itd be a bit obvious, hahaha. for the £2, i neednt sit there thinking up excuses for what the package could be. my normal excuse is 'i dont tell anyone cause it winds mum up!' but i dont think i can keep that up for much longer hahaha

Well you still have to smuggle the parcel past your family into your room haha, turning into a bit of a Bond movie!!

This sounds like a great idea for those of us that might have problems explaining what it is that is in our plain brown box. It's all very well getting stuff that is in "discrete" packaging, but it still has to have a return address on there, and these days virtually everyone knows how to "Google" so can quickly find out that your "secret" stuff from redacted actually comes from Lovehoney.

Thanks for all those nicer replies! felt like I was posting something totally unappropriate with the first few comments, I had read in the past about people wanting to order but cant because of them not being at home so thought I would just suggest the link, that was all!

I got a nosey family who if they dont know what is it will google the name and having LHTrading or whatever is used doesnt take an expert to work out where I've ordered from..

I did use it for a pair of boots I ordered from another site, it worked fantastic, they recieved it and the next morning it was in my locker for collection before I even started work, they deliver overnight to the lockers and you get 40 hours from the time you get your first text/email from them, then if you dont collect it they will pick it up and contact you for a redelivery, all you do is type in the code on the touch screen and the locker door opens for you, its really simple. I'm definately using it from now on and its the first 5 deliveries for £2 which goes fully to charity :D.

This is interesting - I wonder if you can elect some of your own public-access space and have a locker put there?

Sounds great, thanks for sharing your experiences BlueStar. Glad it all worked well for you.

Definitely sounds like a good option to consider for anyone who doesn't want their delivery sent to their home address.

Hopefully you could use this fine with LoveHoney orders too...