Job Knock backs

Hi all just had an email from a company which I applied for as a learning development manager , strangely enough I already am doing this job with them as a contractor on a number of sites Nationwide and been able to gain more for my own employer for 2 of us based on the success on what I have done with them , 1 project alone delivered a saving of £100k + , I am just really confused and a little disappointed just thought I’d ask the question if any one else has has a similar experience?

1 Like

@Gazza_64 when i was made redundant 5 years ago i had a fair few knock backs, despite my exemplary record. So i feel your pain.

2 Likes

Thanks WillC the strange thing is that I am contracted to them, don’t get me wrong I have a good job which I enjoy doing, just thought it was a strange response !! Maybe I am not as good as thought I was lol never mind I am in work and active so all’s good there is a lot to be thankful for a lot of people are in a worse scenario than me .:pray::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

@Gazza_64 Not quite the same but a fair while ago i worked on a contract with an executive employee of the company we managed to save at his estimate £1 million on a single phase of this contract about 2 weeks later i was told by another manager that they were not keeping me on as they could not afford me.When i reported back to my Executive he made a single phone call and though and behold my services were retained for several months longer.

2 Likes

Cool I just think sometimes they can’t see the wood for the trees as I said before I have secured my current company £150k in additional work and saved the company I am contracted to at least £100k in1 project with 4 still left to complete . Different mind sets making bad decisions with out all the facts . But never mind keep plugging away ! Glad to hear yours came out all good in the end fair play to you :pray::grin::beer:

Mine was more down to the guy who i was working with could see the money we were saving the other bloke could only see the cost of my consultancy fee.Strangely tough not long after this they moved me away to work with a team who knew nothing of the job we had actually been doing annoyingly they were all on a significantly higher pay band than me but i was expected to teach them how to do the job.

It could just be a sign of the times with Covid-19, that employers are reluctant to recruit at the moment with such a insecure future ahead of them. I wouldn’t take it personally.

2 Likes

I thanks DLJL I won’t that’s for sure I am still working with them ! It maybe a massive sign but at least I can keep trying

1 Like

I was unemployed for 6months before I got my current job, i kept all my emails I sent and all I received, the “dear john” folder. I sent 450 emails and got 65 “dear johns”

I wouldn’t read to much into it.

2 Likes

Not as serious as yours, but once many moons ago, I was only 18 at the time.

I was doing a two week trial at a local restaurant, doing really well and got loads of tips etc. At the end of the two weeks they said they couldn’t keep me on as I didn’t smile enough! I was devastated lol

3 Likes

@Forever_his just explotative scumbags!

1 Like

As a youngster what a horrible way to be rejected for a reason to employ you ! How would it fair now ? With kids waiting on ?

I remember the old YTS schemes, they took kids on for 6 months, paid for by tax payer, then came up with shitty excuses not to take them on. Then took another trainee on for 6 months etc etc

5 Likes

Me too and the MPSC manpower services commission. All a rip off I was one of baggies 1 in 10

1 Like

I assume you mean Maggie, not that you played for West Brom? :wink:

1 Like

Lol nah mate I was left back , left back in the changing room ! I remember Birmingham baggies though

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64, I know just how you feel mate, I’ll keep my rant short, but I’ve had many bad experiences both applying for jobs and the treatment in jobs :unamused::rage:

1 Like

I was on that when I left school @WillC, very humiliating, my boss treated me like dog sh**, then dumped me for another school leaver at the end of the year. :rage:

1 Like

Thanks for that mate appreciate I was on the YTS as well bad for everyone on it no one ever got a job out of it !

1 Like

@Knight1119 yes it was shite. I was lucky, as was my brother, but i knew of many who were used for free labour then tossed aside on the flimsiest of excuses.

2 Likes