Opinions? am i being idiotic.

Oke so rant coming, this is a bit complicated, but here goes. i'l try to say as little as possible about where i work ect so i can stay mildly anonomus in case anyone knows me!

So today i found out my Boss, is leaving our shop. We're already understaffed, and now their is litrally 3 of us, one of which can only do 15 hours, so hypotheticly we will be working 50 hour weeks each to keep the shop open. the killer. I found out on our companys recruitment site that he'd left. to manage another store (hes on 2 weeks holiday) so not only did he not tell any of our staff, hes proper left us in an awful position.

Ok now heres the really killer part, he and me had just addmitted to eachother after months that we fancied eachother. So i feel really annoyed to say the least that not only has he changed areas without telling me, betrayed, but kinda rejected too.

Ok im blabbing. but what do you think?

Step up and do his job. Win.
Sounds like the relationship is over though. Could be a win? :)

Morning Hun - looking on the possible positive side - could he have moved shop location so that he can have a relationship with you without causing any work based conflicts? Have a chat with him and see what his side is :) xxx

Scorpius12 wrote:

Morning Hun - looking on the possible positive side - could he have moved shop location so that he can have a relationship with you without causing any work based conflicts? Have a chat with him and see what his side is :) xxx

I was typing exactly this but my tablet messed up, came back in to write it again and Scorpius has beat me too it. :)

This post +1

Also, dont let yourself get overworked, unless its ur shop. If there should be more staff, its your employers responsibility to make sure there is, its not your responsibility to work yourself to death to save them money.

What Draven said. Don't overwork yourself, it's not your responsibility to work yourself to death to save them hiring someone else.

yeah, but forsome reason no one wants to work there. nightmare really, youd think the amount of unemployed people in the area would be flocking for jobs lol.

urgh its complicated, as he litrally hasnt spoken to me since he went on holiday.

He sounds like the idiot not you. how can he leave without telling anyone? If you are the AM or the other full timer is you need to complain to your area manager about not being informed.
Also if he and your area manager knew this was happening them you should have been told to start interviwing for new staff unlrss they are sending a replacement.
As for fancying eachother well sometimes it's not enough to just fancy someone. He could already be attatched or maybe the reason for moving is a big deal and important for other reasons, health, family, he coukd be in a lot of debt or have issues you don't know about.
Either way I don't think it was fair for him to tell you he fancied you knowing he was leaving. but sounds like may be he did you a favour.

Soinds like hes being idiotic then, not you.

But you defo need tobtalk to him if you like him enough to put the effort in. But only you can decide that :)

Unfortunately we are in a climate in the private and public sector of massive cuts and whilst some jobs are going that really werent ever needed there are some jobs going that leave people like yourself feeling the pressure. And being a dedicated worker you feel you need to make up for his vacant place.

I run a business consultancy firm and its something I see time and time again. On the plus side I always advise people to identify those workers pulling their weight when under pressure, reward them, promote them and don't ever let them go!

Anyway, I am babbling myself ha. Do not over work yourself, but don't be awkward in the hope it goes wrong at work so they do something about it. As for the relationship side, well, to me it is very odd. If moving to allow a work place relationship then surely that would have been said as oppose to finding out on a website??!!

Do you think he might have something to hide?

Why suddenly stop talking to you. Anyway you might find this to be a blessing in disguise in time.

on the plus side ive applied for his position. i doubt il get it as ive only been with the company a year as an assistant manager, and from my experience with this company its basicly whose been there the longest who gets the job.

i think hes chsen to go on holiday now as he only booked it a ew weeks ago, so he can kind of dissapear without anyone noticing maybe. i dont know. hes such a people pleaser, and i know he cant deal with confrontation. i just feel really let down

hes only moving to a store 4 miles away, so hes not moving per say, but its still an awful thing to do as we are already understaffed due to someone getting sacked the other month, and we cant fill their role as no one wants it. so we were already doing loads of overtime.

In all honesty, it's not like you're in a long term relationship, I'd make the same choice he has.

As regards your job, this is your chance to shine. Take the lead and be proactive. My advice is Like flirtatiousbaby said.

Well you can only try when it comes to applying for the job.

You may have only been there for a short time but they may see potential and it would be cheaper to recruit someone internally then looking outside to bring someone in as a manager and train them.

I kind of know thay feeling. I'm a pArt timer in a store and we're all quite a close and friendly bunch. The manager and assistant got on well and worked as a team.
One day when i was due to be on the opening shift with the AM she just didn't turn up. she'd been off sick for 2 weeks, returned to work 2 days before and suddenly we were due to open, customers waiting and no key holder. I phoned the manager to find that she decided to quit that morning and wasn't going to turn up and no one really knew why.
Later on we discovered she spoken to differrnt staff about different things and therewas a whole load of stuff uncovered about her that was hidden.

It's always a shock to me when other people aren't open, honest or genuine
I don't get it! But sadly it happens.