Job Knock backs

Yeah, now i just wash n go, cos my hair’s gone too!

1 Like

I shower and shave it off

1 Like

I think sometimes they’d rather pay more for a contractor for years on end rather than take on a permanent member of staff who they think might be difficult to get rid of quickly. :unamused:

1 Like

So true I can not see it getting better for millions of people things will get worse before they get better

It could also be that contractors come out of a different budget to employees, like an expense. I used to have loads of trouble persuading my employer that spending a bit of capital would save a lot of expense due to the expense budget never being questioned.

1 Like

Lol been there my company would charge £650+ expense if they cancel me at a moments notice

I knocked back a company who had two different vacancies but said as I had both sets of skills I could do the lot myself. :fu:

1 Like

Save halve the cost that’s normally a bonus for any company

1 Like

I find contracting is a minefield @Serpentwand, I have been contracting now for 9 years, working for different agencies in Clients Offices for multiple industries. They all work differently, often very frustrating :unamused:

3 Likes

I have a part time project management job, and I normally supplement my income with temporary work a few weeks a year. I’ve had ten job rejections this year - half of which were for roles two or three grades lower than I am currently on. In January I was rejected for a role I used to line manage a few years ago.

I’m not too worried at present because my part-time job is satisfying. But every time I get a rejection I think “Urgh. Here we go again.”

3 Likes

As annoying as the rejections are, they are better than no feedback at all. I think that’s plain ignorance and bad manners.

2 Likes

It’s that rejection that sometimes does not stuck in traffic right ! I was furloughed for 4 months and glad to get back to normal ( the new normal) but in between had an interview for a position by college for a role they have been trying to fill , usual agency rang me and chased me for this role spoke to the person who would of employed me she told me how my knowledge, experience and skills were more than suitable for the role and best candidate she has spoken to, she ended the interview by telling me I will come back to you by Tuesday at the latest ! 10 weeks ago still waiting lol :joy:

1 Like

That’s true @WillC, before I got my current role I applied for 320 jobs and only got 20 replies, breathtaking lack of manners, I’ll stop short of ranting for England :rage:

2 Likes

It all started with ** EDITED ** M Thatcher

1 Like

I hear you you matey she even nicked my free milk at school not a friend of mine :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

So happy when the back stabbing tories got rid of her, had a big party when she kicked the bucket happy days

You may have guessed that I’m no fan of the tories gazza 64

1 Like

You and me and at least halve of my or our generation @will65 my OH did not get why I was so happy when she did go eventually went :fire: ding dong indeed

1 Like

To true gazza 64, I was on my knees at work screaming there is a god there is a god, so happy I hated her with a passion, same can be said of the tories now, the nasty party indeed

1 Like