John Lewis Ad...

Has anyone else watched the new John Lewis Crhsitmas advert? I just watched it, and ...... I, I didn't cry. I just had , err, i had something in my eye was all ;)

I know it's early, but...Merry Christmas everyone. May you spend it with someone you love.

What a beautiful, beautiful advert........... going through a rough time myself here..... but this advert also bought tears to my eyes :'/

...............lovely........

I prefer last years and the year befores esp, that little lad with the present was adorable!

I love the fact that stores are still prepared to spend big on Xmas adverts.
I haven't seen it yet but this kind of thing is as much of Christmas to me as crackers.

I love this advert, it really is lovely. My dad hadn't seen it so i told him to watch it on YouTube cos i knew he'd like it :)

Cry at them every year. The music is beautiful!

Its really nice, beautiful version of a great song. The hare animation is similar to watership down.

Merry Christmas god I can't wait!! I'm so exited already! =D xx

I absolutely loved last years with the snowman. Haven't seen this years yet though.

awwww it is cute...only 43 more days!

Are you guys on about the Bear and the Hare? Because honestly - its not that great at all. Last years was amazing and I loved the song. I personally don't like the song in this years and the whole advert is just creepy.

Love the feeling of warmth it creates and love Lilly Allen signing. It's becoming a bit of a tradition now for the best Christmas advert.

I really dislike the whole Christmas thing when it comes to adverts and the amount of pressure put on you to spend and spend some more. There is so much emphasis on Christmas and having this big day with a big feast.

I think because i pick out alot of little things, they really get on my nerves. Like last years Asda advert which had the mum getting up in the morning basically doing everything from cooking the dinner to washing up and just when she is about to sit down the husband asks whats for dinner grrrr.

And then the Boots adverts where all those office workers like too spend £30-£50 on their colleagues lol.

Thing is it should be about spending time with family enjoying the day and relaxing. Boxing Day is my favourite though as its football and sports all day

I get your point MrG. I live family time and my day of Xmas is Xmas eve because that was the day all my family used to visit with secret presents when i was a kid.
I love the whole experience of Christmas from the smell if the tree to the dark and cold to the thrill of finding the perfect gift. Adverts are just part of that.

I liked it as an animation, but like the year when the snowman went to find the snowgirl a Christmas pressie I don't instantly associate those ads with John Lewis... So maybe the ads aren't doing their proper job if they're trying to make me shop there.

But yes, it's very cute and makes me look forward to Christmas :-) I love that time of year! No doubt I'll be all Christmasted-out come December as I do think it's a little early to be getting excited. I do like getting the present-buying out the way though as I can't stand the hustle of shopping in December.

Hadn't thought about it from an advertising point of view to be honest, it certainly won't make me spend more on presents cos there isn't a John Lewis anywhere near me just think its a lovely advert.
Makes me feel all Christmassy :)

If i had a way where i could live in a hot country for the months of December and miss out on Christmas, i would.

Always said to the OH that if KFC was open on Christmas Day i would go and buy a family feast and have that instead of Christmas Dinner. I have a roast dinner every Sunday as it is.

Well i thought it was sweet :< and i prefered it to last years snowman ad.

It's very Watership Down which I wasn't a fan of, so I think the nostalgia aspect of the advert is lost on me.

I've just seen it and can honestly say it had no effect on me at all, and I really dislike that song too! I much prefered the ad's from the past two yeas - they brought a tear to my eye.