Keeping tidy

Ok so not been on forums for a while so hi again.

Anyway I haven't really been into sex much over last few months, however I've met someone who has made it exciting and fun again. However, I can't seem to tidy myself up enough in certain areas, so looking for some advice.

Currently I shave, but it nevers ends up smooth and I find it very hard to shave around the anal area by myself. So any tips on how to shave there myself to get a desired look would be good, or alternative options.

Not sure if I could wax as I struggled with my bikini line alone never mind going more intimate.

Also this new person has introduced me to anal play which I have been loving, however I get very self conscious about mess so any tips on how to be clean down there too

Does Lovehoney stock anything that people have tried or any other tips.

Thanks xx

My wife has some of the same issues getting all of her spots smooth. Part of it is her being timid and her and her body not being used to the act and feel of shaving. I went through this awkward stage as well but just as I experienced when I started shaving my head, it was just a matter of time before I can just about shave everything (and I do shave everything) blindfolded. It helps to use both hands, one to shave and the other to feel or guide the razors.
Another great idea that we have used, is have your partner help you. It can be quite erotic. I have shaved her on the bed, in the shower and even in a swing. This of course requires a certain level of trust but if done right can be a great experience.
Always use a good razor, good shave cream and a good aftershave cream for bumps. Also, trimming hair short before shaving is a must for a clean shave. Otherwise, you will get build up in the razor and miss spots.
Wax is always a good idea but I have only tried it once. Waxing my chest wasn't bad but when I got down lower I was not ready for that pain. Kudos to those who get waxed down there, cause that sucked.

Thanks, I don't think we are at a level to ask him to shave me quite yet. It isn't the fear of shaving, it's more that I find it difficult to get into spots, such right in the middle as it is an awkward angle. He says it is smooth enough but honestly I don't feel it is and that makes me very self conscious

Those are the spots that I use my hand as a guide / quality control. I can feel any small spot that I miss and I dont have to look. Takes a bit of practice to figure out what works. Just my way, I guess. It will get easier. Here is another thread to check out:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1132727-hair-removal-cream/

Welcome back, nice to see a familar face return, and congratulations on the new relationship!

Have you tried squatting over a mirror in a well lit area, so you can see rather than just feeling around blindly? Using one hand to pull the skin more taut may also help, especially with a mirror as a guide.

Why not make things easier on yourself and just trim or go natural? It's not dirty.

I usual shave with a conditional ie coconut condition helps keep me smooth , sharp razor is a must x

rose hip wrote:

Why not make things easier on yourself and just trim or go natural? It's not dirty.

+1, don't have to be shaved to be tidy. And don't have to be shaved to be clean!

Have you investigated pubic hair styles where you leave harder to reach areas trimmed and shave the rest?

Keeping the anal area smooth is next to impossible unless you have it waxed. If he's into anal play, he should be ok with the fact that hair grows there! And with regards to mess, there was a phrase someone on here used which has stuck with me. Something along the lines of 'if you play in the mud hole, you're going to get muddy'. If you don't need to go poop, you're probably not going to leave a mess. If you're really worried, you could investigate douching :)

I shave daily and could do it blindfolded. But like all things the more you do it the easier it becomes.

Squating is good like VirginAngel recomends, but you have to find the right place as you can block the light. Try a tilting magnifying mirror, place it on the toilet lid and bend over, or lift a leg onto something to keep your balance.

I go from centre outwards to thigh, working my way from front to back in short strokes, then front to back in one long pass, from balls across no mans land around my butt and up my builders cleavage. Then do it all again on the otherside.

I use a good multi bladed razor and a good shaving cream. I use a non perfumed type, to avoid any iritation.

I find shaving in the bath helps me to reach and to get a better look and feel at what im doing!

I also recommend this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921 its great! I apply it to everywhere i have shaved as it reduces irritation. My husband has commented how my legs feel silky smooth and thats also down to the miricle oil.

Try lying on your side with your leg thats not against the bed/floor/bath wherever you may bent up at your chest, this will spread you butt cheeks and privates just enough to get the razor in a bout from the side. I do this cause its easier to reach. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is lol x

I really do hate shaving down there. I really do. Its awkward, I often end up cutting my self, ot the razer is blunt ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

Such a carry on, I know some people like natural, others like it trimmed and some like no hair at all![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)I do get self conscious, I keep my self clean, BUT OMG when it comes to shaving my bushy bits LOL `go with the grain` NOT against it Easier said than done.

TIP-dont use a mans BIC razor either! I wont go into details but I nearly cut my self another one, a while back

'I nearly cut myself another one'

Pmsl! Sorry, I shouldn't laugh! But that made me chuckle lol x

It was put there to make people chuckle lol ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Try using a "quality" mens razor, way better than those cheap ones, use gel not foam, womens razors we've found tend to clog more, but you could try one if you wish, a mirror helps as does putting one leg up on the bath or chair, don't be in a hurry, go back the next day to get the areas you've missed.

shave in the shower, after having a scrub, to soften the hairs.

use a decent razor as suggested.

When I used to shave I preffered using coconut oil instead of foams or gels. Keeps things moisturied the whole time and allows the razor to glide over the skin more easily.

Moisturise straight after too (my preference is coconut oil again), and keep moisturised as much as possible.

Yeh I have lots of body lotions and cocoa butter/coconut oil etc. I am of town soon, so I be purchasing some good razor`s

To be honest I don't think being natural or trimmed is wrong, it's just I feel more comfortable shaved, are the hair removal creams not sore as they advise not to use on pubic area etc, I may just have to keep trying everyones different techniques. Or I could man up and get waxed haa.

Also want to confirm he hasn't complained about mess or hair, infact he is the one telling me not to let it worry me, but I would feel better shaven.

Tahnks everyone x

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Try using a "quality" mens razor, way better than those cheap ones, use gel not foam, womens razors we've found tend to clog more, but you could try one if you wish, a mirror helps as does putting one leg up on the bath or chair, don't be in a hurry, go back the next day to get the areas you've missed.

There is a good quality women's razor that I use for body shaving. Not sure that I can mention it on LH. I am in the states and not sure it is available everywhere. I have used the highest quality men's razors and this woman's razor is ergonomically the best. It is also not abrasive, leaves you smooth and comfortable. It just took some experimenting.

This just reminded me i need to buy razors!! 😱 .

If you can tolerate it, its really best to get waxed. Only problem is you have to grow the hair back properly before you wax again. However, over time the hair stops growing in so thick and takes longer to come back. I couldnt stick with it, i hate even having so much as stubble down there, im not against it just a personal pref. but i do wax my armpits and now they barely even grow hair. I only have to wax them four times a year because ive been doing it so long its given up growing lol. If you can stick to that with your legs and privates the same happens. I just didnt have the patience but wish i did x