Kegel Exercisers & Balls - Before Pregnancy?

Hello all,

I'm hoping that someone can give me a heads up on this.

We have been wondering for a little while whether there would be any possible complications from using Kegal Excercisers & Balls before your first pregancy?

I've read a few articles about using them after a birth to firm up the muscles etc. but is there any sort of risk involved in terms of making the labour more difficult/painfull, especially for the first time after having used these toys?

It may be a stupid question, but you don't know if you don't ask and we've been thinking about getting some to spice things up a little.

Many Thanks

No there's no problem at all - in fact the more you strengthen you pelvic floor muscles the better as when you get pregnant they turn to jelly regardless and you need to do excersizes all the way pregnancy to keep them tight and also after the birth. If you don't you'll pee every time you sneeze, cough, laugh.... Keeping these muscles toned won't hamper birth or cause more pain

I had a pelvic floor strong enough to dislocate fingers before I got pregnant and I'm glad I did excersize them as I still had to do them or it got messy! I would have been worse off I am sure had I never toned them up before pregnancy.

Also for spicing things up learning to control those muscles is great - you can control outer and inner muscles independently and then learn to roll them Bellydancing also tones these muscles up and pulling off bellydance hip movements while riding your partner.... well heh heh, nuff said!

Damn I'm getting me a pelvic floor that strong! I"ve been fascinated ever since I read about Indian women (I think) who trained their pelvic floor so hard that they could make a man come or indeed inflict pain just by sitting astride them with their cock inside. Not had children myself but may well be investing in one of those training devices myself. Just think when OH pisses me off I can shag him and torture him all at the same time! How did you train yours Miss Kitty - I do pelvic squeezes but think having something to squeeze inside gives better results. Since I've been doing this I must say my orgasms are better so worth it I think.

Scariest thing of all is I have never used a training device! I just practiced the squeezes. An unfortunate partner happened to have a finger or 2 in there when it went off and well... it resulted in his hand swelling up and having to put one of his fingers back in place. Ooops - good job he was a jerk huh?

I actually had a karma sutra type book - ann hooper one I think it was that had a variety of squeezes from long holds to fluttering the muscles... so it was quite varied and taught control. Then I just realised if I pushed one set of muscles and pulled after with the other it did the milking thing. And of course as you said your own orgasms are so much better and you can use the muscle control at that point too.

Of course now I'm rather pregnant so this weakens the muscles - will have to get them toned up again after the baby is born though

Okay - will be looking for an Ann Hooper book and squeezing and fluttering whenever I think of it. Always mange to do quite a few at work so I'm kind of getting to paid to improve my sex life!

I'll have a look on my bookshelf and see if it was that one (the art sensual touch - or something like that) I have had many such books over the years!

Aha superb, I knew I could rely on you lovely Ladies to enlighten us

Many thanks, we will have a look at what is on offer and i'm sure a review will wing it's way onto the LH pages shortly afterwards

Thanks again Miss Kitty and Horny Pony

Hello! I've been a little bored and decided to trail the forums after deciding spending tons of money on sex toys again is'nt good in these tough times!

I don't have much to say as this thread is pretty much dead but I read that kegals are often pretty useless as it offers no resistance. Imagine doing weight training without any weight!

BUT... My girlfriend has been advised to do them by a doctor due to a pain inside her, after she does them she is more relaxed and a little bit lengthened and widened so sex is more comfortable! She also has to do them when I've entered her and f*ckin' hell carn't she squeeze! I didnt relise you could get them type of muscles so strong! She's naturally tight but they do make it feel better for both of us. She was also told to massage her perineum as she can often split. This is espeically good for women who are preggers!

WandA wrote:

<...>

I don't have much to say as this thread is pretty much dead but I read that kegals are often pretty useless as it offers no resistance. Imagine doing weight training without any weight! <...>

I've given birth naturally three times and I swear by having done my Kegels External Media

Given the spirit of this group, yes they are very useful when making love as it saves using your hands/mouth/thighs to extract the last drop!

My oldest daugher is 32 now and I still do well over a few hundred Kegel reps when I do the ironing/cooking/phoning/waiting for the bus/taxi/train/whatever

Sapph