Kegel exercisers/ ben wa balls

I recently purchased a set of these and have only just tried them out today, but am a little confused. :-/

Couture Collection Luxury Silicone eclipse Duo Balls - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16893

I know how to use them and how they are supposed to work with toning the pelvic floor muscles etc, but do I need to physically clench my pelvic floor muscles around them to tone them up etc? As I don't feel I need to as they just sit inside me perfectly and they aren't uncomfortable or anything. The sensations do feel lovely when the balls wobble around but I have no need to try and hold them in there for fear of them falling out or anything. Is this how it's supposed to be, with all the wobbling about toning your muscles for you? If so that's good cos I'm quite lazy when it comes to exercise especially pelvic floor exercises hence the ben wa balls. But if not then what do I do if I don't feel the need to clench around them? They are quite a bit bigger than others I've seen before and the ones I first purchased but haven't used.

rb

x x

If your muscles are quite tones already, they could be gripping without requiring any conscious effort whatsoever. I find when I first put them in, I have to try and tighten the muscles a little, but after a few minutes they do it without me (much like breathing, your muscles do things without asking your brain to get involved).

Could be that you just have such good tone that your muscles are in tip-top shape and don't require clenching, or even just too toned for the size - they are fairly large! - so might be worth trying the smaller ones. Do you notice any tightening after using them? That's generally a fairly definite indicator that the muscles have been working out, with or without your active input.

thanks bashfulbabe, so if I decrease the size of the balls cos I have some that are 4.5 in circumference then I may feel the need to clench them? I may have good toned muscles like you say as I've not had children or anything, I just thought if I could slightly tighten them then maybe I could experience better orgasms, or any at all! lol.

I do feel thought that when they wobble I may subconsciously be clenching them without realising but not strong enough for me to notice, hence the maybe already good toned muscles?

rb

x x

my OH always says how tight I am anyway and thats before I've even used any.

x x

I have looked the others I've got that I've not tried are 4.25 in circumference, and checked, they don't sell smaller ones than this on LH.

x x

Your pelvic floor muscles will grip automatically so most people don't have to consciously think about standard Ben wa balls. Some sets that you can buy have heavier and lighter balls so that you can build up strength if your muscles are particularly weak (e.g. After childbirth). Clenching your muscles like you would for normal kegel exercises aren't necessary whilst wearing the balls but they won't do any harm either x

so they are doing all the work for me whilst wobbling about inside me? thats amazing! I thought the point of them was to have to clench your muscles though?

x x

Well, if you need to do the exercises counciously, then it does make it easier, since it's easier to grip something than just squeeze the muscles on thin air. But just sounds like you're not near enough that point, so the subconscious-squeezing is enough to keep you well toned.

As Wizz pointed out, trying something a bit heavier might make the muscles have to work harder, if you feel the need, but really they are perfect for the lazy-minded among us who tend to forget to do the actual exercises.

If you're still bothered about tightening it could be worth doing Kegels anyway... I'm sure the lovely TL has written an excellent post on them before...

thanks all you guys your advice has really helped. I've looked up on LH for heavier weighted balls and seen these which I've added to my wishlist and will get next payday! They look quite cool!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19313

x x

Ooh I know, I've been drooling over them for a bit, too. Drat my finances!

Yeah I know the feeling! lol

x x

Yeah they look really good. I like the look of the Adam and Eve Glass Flower Ben Wa balls. The Lelo Luna system also looks great x