Young women here

The daughter of a good friend here in Germany and also a good friend of my daughter has just been diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 23......check your boobies ladies, same goes for guys.

I always think of cancer as a later life thing, it isnt always the case.

So sorry to hear such sad news about your friend's daughter Gunther - I always check mine regularly - I agree it is a very important thing to do - sending positive thoughts xx

Poor girl has more than enough on her plate without this diagnosis

So sorry to hear that, I hope it's been caught early and that she has loads of support to help her get through this.

Cancer unfortunately runs in my father's side of the family, and my auntie had breast cancer two or three times - I can never remember because she was diagnosed with so many different types of cancer within just a few years. I've been made more aware of it because of what she went through and so I check mine atleast once a week and have done since I was about 16.

gunther wrote:

same goes for guys.

Indeed. I get cut up by Men in White on a semi-regular basis.

Sorry to hear that. I really need to start checking myself :(

Aw that so sad. I have always checked my brests. My Grandma died ofbrest cancer at 45 and my aunt was diagnised with brest cancer at 44 last year. She is now in remission.

so sorry to hear that gunther, i have actually been let down by quite a few "professionals" who have asked if i check my breasts and when i reply not really im not sure how they just say ok and move on to the next question, i tend to just randomly grope them and hope that if "god forbid" anything came up that me and my OH would notice xx

Like with any cancer, check yourselves

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Oh no. I'm sorry that she has breast cancer. Hope your daughter is coping ok. Just try and be there for her, and maybe explain some stuff about how you are feeling about it too, so she doesn't think she is on her own? So sad that she is young still.

Not my daughter but her mate here in Germany, they are both 23 and so alike they could be sisters, her mum is a good friend of mine and is devastated. Thanks for the wishes though.

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

so sorry to hear that gunther, i have actually been let down by quite a few "professionals" who have asked if i check my breasts and when i reply not really im not sure how they just say ok and move on to the next question, i tend to just randomly grope them and hope that if "god forbid" anything came up that me and my OH would notice xx

I am sure I have seen a video showing how to self examine

Here is one, dont think it breaks any rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_mHYGgeFM

Everyone should put this on their FaceBook wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsyE2rCW71o

Hot guys and an app for iTunes and Android!

So sorry to hear this gunther. x

Poor girl, it's awful to hear! Ladies also remember to keep your smears up to date. I know of a 24 year old that recently died of cervical cancer. She got buried in the church she was married in 6 days after her wedding. It was such a traumatic story. X x

Poor girl, it's awful to hear! Ladies also remember to keep your smears up to date. I know of a 24 year old that recently died of cervical cancer. She got buried in the church she was married in 6 days after her wedding. It was such a traumatic story. X x

StHubbins wrote:

Everyone should put this on their FaceBook wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsyE2rCW71o

Hot guys and an app for iTunes and Android!

By the way, this is a campaign to get ladies to check for signs of breast cancer regularly. Reading it back, I haven't really made that clear.

The link is a good laugh but also has a strong message already on my Facebook and sharing with friends. It is do sad to hear of anyone young or old dieing of cancer. So sad for family and friends alike. We should all check for signs regularly and act quick on anything that worries us. My love and kind thoughts go out to anyone going through it xxxxx

Some say that cancer can be cured by change in diet and lifestyle generally. That cancer is the normal reaction of cells when in detrimental environment. So if you make changes and improve the environment, the body can deal with the cancer without surgery, chemotherapy, etc.

More and more young people get cancer because of polution of all kind - in the air we breath, chemicals in food and body lotions, sedentary life...

I am happy to give more details, if requested. Send me an email (it's on my profile).

Also, as others suggested - it is good to know your body and examine it regularly. When I work on someone's body (I am a massage therapist) I always tell them if something feels odd.

So sorry to hear that my grandad has also just found out he has cancer.

Yeah I've also heard that as well AA. That everyone is born with the cells that can turn cancerous, it just takes certain factors to affect them. Such as pollution, and chemicals in things such as food and beauty products. There are also foods that apparently decrease the chances of getting certain cancers. This is why I try to keep my diet as natural as possible and very low in processed and pre-packed food. Unfortunately though, water is one thing that just can't be avoided as apparently even with bottled water, the plastic bottles can contribute to a cancerous growth.