Laser journey

Well , I am disappointed in our home laser . The hair seems to be a bit softer , but no signs of it actually going away . I hope to go inquire at a near by place as to if the do “all under” laser treatment and get a price . Hope so , my earlier search only found one quite some distance . My other problem with the twice a week treatment is having to shave twice a week . Shaving irritates my skin and I do not use my magic shave powder because it says to not expose the treated area to sunshine for 6 hours after treatment . Hope this group does it and also hope the cost is reasonable .

1 Like

Happy to hear you’re so happy with your results! I love that this is becoming more popular, and as more clinics open it helps to keep prices down. As someone with sensitive skin, laser has been such a game changer for me. It didn’t stop my hair growth 100% but such a significant change. Do be mindful that growth might start coming back after a year or so, I’d recommend scheduling touch up appointments when that happens

I persevered for a long time with the HPL and in the end I gave up. The results were negligible.

I have two consults coming up, tomorrow and Friday, for a full brazilian laser treatment (which sounds kind of awkward to say out loud as a male, but they didn’t hesitate at all talking about it over the phone). First quote was for a lifetime treatment option and seemed WAY too expensive compared to what I was expecting. I’m beyond tired of irritated skin after shaving and creams seem way less effective than I’d hoped. If my quotes come in reasonable, hoping to get started as soon as this weekend.

I just got a quote for a single session at $400 US . Quite a bit higher than I was expecting ! I will check around and see if I can find a better price with a good reputation .

It would appear that I will be doing my own hair removal for some time unless I hit a lottery . For a Brazilian and buttocks per session , with a 20% discount they only want $825 US . For a package of 6 buttock treatments and 8 Brazillian it would only come to $5,040 . If nothing else the ladies seem to like a dumpy old man who was comfortable with his nakedness . It was a bit of a boost to my ego when they complimented me on my vintage body . Chatting with the reception ladies and a customer or two ( dressed ) , we talked a bit and I was able to make them all smile and laugh . They liked my motto of if you can’t make people smile and or laugh , you are just wasting air . In my old age I can remember buying a number of cars for less than they want to be lucky enough to see my body naked and do a bit of hair removal . Here I wasted my working career as a machinist , I could have been making people hair free and making way more money .

How about electrolysis?

1 Like

@Oldman I just got my second quote from a high end dermatologist with a brand new laser. $250/session for Brazilian, or a package of 5 for $1,000. Consult was great, the gal made me feel extremely comfortable, and I have session #1 this Friday!

1 Like

I will search some more , but so far locally they are way out of my price .

1 Like

If I understand correctly that takes a whole bunch of their time . Time is money .

Thats crazy money. I got full laser treatment using the latest medical grade laser for 120 euro per session. Everything done including buttocks. And that was in the no.1 rated salon in Ireland.

1 Like

I would gladly come over and hang out for laser treatments , but I think air fare may make it more expensive . Our at home laser seems to very gradually be working . Doing the at home myself takes about an hour , can work 10 minutes and then let machine cool . The hair returns a bit lighter and softer and is becoming easier to shave .

My husband has just had the third session last week and it is $80 USD per session. and this is with top spec Candela machine. There are many glamorous looking salons overcharging for ‘lifetime courses’ at $2500 but this is completely not needed.

He has thick dark hair generally and it has work very well on him down there and he is not needing to shave anything at all.

2 Likes

Is he having the full brazilian done at $80 USD? The place I’m going to today (wish me luck :skull_and_crossbones:) was $200 for the male bikini area and $250 for Brazilian. Felt reasonable to me considering my other quote, so $80 is a steal.

1 Like

Just got done with my first treatment. From the perspective of someone who owns a penis, I can confidently say that it was very surprisingly less painful than I expected. My waistline stung considerably worse than my balls, and even that wasn’t too bad at all. This was with the Candela Gentlemax Pro, for what it’s worth, if you’re doing some research on laser types. I’m a little tender now about 45 mins after treatment, but nothing more than when I shave against the grain and I’ve read any irritation goes away rather quickly.

1 Like

May I inquire approximately what part of the country you are in ?

@onlysortabixxx I am in Ohio. I agree, $80 is a great deal considering what others charge. It is not in the most glamourous of locations but it is the same Candela equipment and gets the job done the same!

1 Like

Wow, mine seems very cheap in comparison, was NZ 420 *US 230ish for 6 sessions, Brazillian and snail trail

Second laser treatment completed today! I’ve been extremely pleased with results even after just the first treatment. I used to deal with razorburn pretty badly when shaving against the grain. About 2 weeks after the first treatment, that stopped nearly completely. Looks like the next hair growth cycle started about a week or so ago, so the timing of this session (6 weeks after the first) was perfect. Overall very, very happy I’m having this done. OH has even started to get curious for herself, so I’ll keep encouraging her as the minor pain (like a strong tingling for me) during the session is 100% worth it.

It’s over 2 months since my hubby had his 3rd treatment and hasn’t needed to shave since. Everything is still very smooth and we are both very happy with the results. It looks so much neater and if I’m honest also feels better, I like him looking much tidier down there. I think next time he is going to get more done on his bum cheeks as it feels nice having them smoother also.

1 Like