Shaving each other and both keeping it smooth?

I've never really shaved much before other than my bikini line and generally had a pretty thick landing strip going on downstairs. My boyfriend had a lot of pubes also so last night we decided to shave each other and get rid of it all. Wow, what a difference in feeling, he's been getting hard a few time today.

How long does it usually stay smooth before shaving gain and do many others both keep in smooth all the time?

This sounds like a great way to be close with each other. I've been shave for years and years now... It'll depend on how quickly it grows back and therefore when you'll need to reshave... There's a whole host of good products out there. I like the earthly body ones myself, or simple shower gel to shave with!

i have done this perviously, mutual shaving, i normally reshave when the itch begins, but never really noticed how long that was.

Mrs Sen and I used to do this whenever opportunity presented itself, sadly not that often. I found it one of the most intimate acts we could do, there is something special about shaving your partner (or having them shave you), its quite a thrill. We now just take care of ourselves but on a much more regular basis.

As for how often to shave?

I shave twice weekly with a Gillette Mach 3, completely bare below my chest. I find at day 1 its all pretty smooth, but by about day 3 it can get a bit scratchy (Mrs Sen says the day after shave its like a golden Kiwifruit, which are pretty much hairless, but after 3 days, its like green kiwifruit, much pricklier).

She uses a body groomer rather than a razor, so its not quite as close, next day is pretty smooth but again regrowth is inevitable. I'm not sure how often she does this, she does it in the shower at night, but its always well groomed for the weekends ;)

I'm actually considering buying a home IPL machine to really deal with it all. They all say not for use on genitals, but there have been some on here with success and youtube also has some "IPL Brazillian" success videos, its just a matter of taking the plunge.

Hi Sammy-Jo ..... yes, I think Mr Sen has it about right. Twice a week with conventional wet razor makes a good compromise between smoothness and effort required. Once the novelty has worn off you may find that frequency is dictated by mood, time, illness/wellness not to mention the weather (you'll be more motivated in summer, but less so in winter when everything is covered up).

I don't have any set regime, except to do it in the morning when I'm fresh, awake and can benefit from the smooth skin all day.

You may find that it takes a few days/weeks for the skin to adapt to being shaved, and I would urge you to be a gentle as possible with the razor. Some parts of my body reacted well to being shaved, but the worst area without a doubt was the pubic triangle. The problem was I was trying to get 'too smooth', so was shaving against the direction of hair growth. As these hairs are quite coarse and tough this was causing slight surface 'nicks' and a rash for two or three days ..... not good. I now only shave that area in the direction of hair growth (ie I shave from tummy button downwards to base of shaft). That's cured the problem, but I now find that even straight after shaving there is a very slight stubble if I rub my hand against the direction of hair growth. However, there is now no unslightly rash and it looks amazing.

I did try an epilator, but that just ended up making things ten times worse down there .... rash + ingrown hairs = epilator in the bin!

Finally, back to frequency. My rule of thumb is that if it takes 1- 2 minutes (arm pits/pubic triangle) then it gets done pretty much every day. If it takes longer then it's every 2-4 days. But one of the joys of waking up in the morning, and my first decision of the day is to decide how much or little to shave that morning.

Think you'll find there's a lot of trial and error, but will eventually find a routine that works for you. My only regret is that with ultra-smooth legs that I can't slip on some stockings and a dress and be like that all day.

Shaving each other is one of the most sensual things that you can do as a couple

I totally agree love stud too we both find it very sensual particuly when you moisurise with oil

It's all so different person to person! I'm very fair haired and it grows back slowly so if I shave from a full bush to nothing it can take nearly a month for me to need to trim it back again, and there's no irriation or anything so I don't have to do anything but run a trimmer around. Not everyone is that fortunate. Experimentation over time!

Love Stud Too wrote:

Shaving each other is one of the most sensual things that you can do as a couple

Completely agreed it is an honour and shows complete trust when the OH lets me shave her intimate areas. Managed the triangle and the stripe, the loveheart is causing a few issues though.. šŸ˜

To keep smooth from shaving, I need to do it every 2 or 3 days. But as my skin is super sensitive, I can only shave once a week. I have light brown reasonably thin pubic hair. The wife has think ginger hair and to keep smooth would need to shave daily. She tends not too šŸ˜Ŗ It really depends on your hair and exactly how smooth you want it.

Bane of my life, the whole thing, until I decided not to bother. OH was fine with that and Iā€™m not very hairy so all was well. He only shaves his face.

But I like nice lingerie.

So then I decided that I would liked to look trimmed rather than totally shaved or totally ā€˜au naturalā€™. I bought a thing from Boots which has a razor one one end and a trimmer on the other. So far, so good, although I donā€™t trust it entirely and the blades will get blunt. No sign of ingrown hairs / rashes etc yet but I think this is an experiment to find out what I want to look like - I quite like a bit of counter cultural underarm hair etc - then Iā€™ll find something more permanent (ie more expensive) to achieve that look.

Quite frankly, would rather not bother if OH is happy... but, lingerie.... :-)

Started shaving many years ago , but getting itchy stuble was not fun . Back then about every three days . Tried shave powder that you mix up and then scrape off with a plastic card . That was better and lasted about a week . It was not a pleasant oder . Then finally went to home sugar waxing , way better for me . Not much discomfort and lasts over a week or so . Do not to get to do it often enough since grandson staying with us .