Last book you read/reading

'Sex Crime - Sex Offending and Society' , Terry Thomas

The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson. Thoroughly enjoying it too.

SS xx

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Last month I read Sophie's World....and I hated it. I read High Rise by JG Ballard before that....and hated it.

I'm now taking a hiatus from any non-work-related reading. :(

I'm not a fan of Sophie's World either. I know it's a modern classic and all that, but I just didn't find it an enjoyable read at all.

SS xx

The Crimson Petal and The White - 850 pages and still too short!

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Wowser thats a biggie :) OH likes to read long books and I used to but with the kids around I dont get the chance to any more. Can manage the odd erotic book (just took delivery of the book of the month0 but thats about it :(

Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse

Dude on the train gave it to me. He even wrapped it up as a present for me. I still don't know his name.

I just finished "The Girl who played with fire" by Stieg Larson. A hugely enjoyable book. I simply could not put it down. i cant wait for the final book!

I'm currently reading the Hitchikers' Guide "Trilogy" for the second time on the Kindle and the His Dark Materials trilogy for the third time.

I have a long list of books "to read" but they're all at my other home so I have to wait until I'm back.

Adx

Miss Behaviour wrote:

I like to read several books at once, I currently have on the go," Lessons in Lack" by Nora Schwarz, a great book about the life of a Domina, is unfortunately only available in German language or I would recommend it . Also reading "Perdido Street Station" by China Mieville, which is visually so descriptive I have to keep reading over whole paragraphs twice. Dipping in and out of Miltons "Paradise Lost" as I love the poetry of the language.

Mieville is great alright. The City and the City, although maybe a little more indulgent, is definitely worth a read. It's not so heavy on the exposition either, which can get somewhat tiring no matter what's being read I think. Paradise Lost is one of the only books I studied in college that I still go back to, its fantastic!

I'm currently finishing The Thousandfold Thought by R. Scott Bakker, the last of a fantastic trilogy of epic dark fantasy novels. Luckily, there's two more trilogies to follow! Next up is either Surface Detail by Iain M. Banks, or Swann's Way by Proust. Depends on how much attention I can give to the latter, and if I'd prefer another sci-fi kick instead

Evie_angel wrote:

i only read chick lit - best book ever and one i read over and over cus it makes me giggle out loud is india knight - dont you want me - i highly recommend it for a good giggle you will be sucked in after first page and will NOT put it down

I love this book its one of my all time favourites!

brockleyfox wrote:

I just finished "The Girl who played with fire" by Stieg Larson. A hugely enjoyable book. I simply could not put it down. i cant wait for the final book!

ive read all three of these boxs and thier great.

Seán&Soozie wrote:

Miss Behaviour wrote:

I like to read several books at once, I currently have on the go," Lessons in Lack" by Nora Schwarz, a great book about the life of a Domina, is unfortunately only available in German language or I would recommend it . Also reading "Perdido Street Station" by China Mieville, which is visually so descriptive I have to keep reading over whole paragraphs twice. Dipping in and out of Miltons "Paradise Lost" as I love the poetry of the language.

Mieville is great alright. The City and the City, although maybe a little more indulgent, is definitely worth a read. It's not so heavy on the exposition either, which can get somewhat tiring no matter what's being read I think. Paradise Lost is one of the only books I studied in college that I still go back to, its fantastic!

I'm currently finishing The Thousandfold Thought by R. Scott Bakker, the last of a fantastic trilogy of epic dark fantasy novels. Luckily, there's two more trilogies to follow! Next up is either Surface Detail by Iain M. Banks, or Swann's Way by Proust. Depends on how much attention I can give to the latter, and if I'd prefer another sci-fi kick instead

When I die I am having Miltons words " it is better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" on my stone........lol....absolutely love it.

I like your taste in literature, very eclectic, from Proust to Banks !!

Saga of the seven suns... Cant beat a bit of sci fi for the weekend. x

yESTERDAY AFTNOON i READ THE LOOKING GLASS WARS BY FRANK BEDDOR - OMG A BLOODY BRILL BOOK! eat your heart out Lewis Carroll!!!

and it was 10p at the library!!!!

ok i'm a bit of a book worm

at the moment i'm reading tilly bagshawe fame ive read half the book today!

ive just finshed peter robinson books i bought 4 for £4 it wasa great bargin and now i'm hooked i must get the rest now.

my favourite authors are

India knight

kathy reiches

sarah mason

sophie kinsella

I used to love janet evanovich but ive gone off her books.

i read a mixture of crime/thrillers and chick lit

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

I love that book as well, I read it when it first came out. Have you read the 'prequel', The Apple? Not as good but interesting in that it gives you a little background history to the characters.

SweetSubmission wrote:

The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson. Thoroughly enjoying it too.

SS xx

FANTASTIC! Just finished the third book of the trilogy, and just got the DVD's aswell.

Next book is 'The Life of Pi'...

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I'm currently reading the Hitchikers' Guide "Trilogy" for the second time on the Kindle and the His Dark Materials trilogy for the third time.

I have a long list of books "to read" but they're all at my other home so I have to wait until I'm back.

Adx

trilogy?

douglas adams wrote 5 of them and Eoin Colfer wrote the 5th

ps. i wov my kindle :)

I am currently reading 'Friends Like These' by Danny Wallace. I him