LH reading list!

So i hit up the fifty shades collection of books the second that they arrived on the shelves.. in fact i was in America at the time and bought the lot there (that was most certainly wonderful to read on a nine hour flight home when i'd never read an erotic novel before) but i was wondering what other books are out there and even more so what books are good in the LH collection on here?

I'm currently reading how to seduce a billionaire and actually have to read the story when i am alone because 'dream lover' actually describes my kind of dream lover...i cannot trust myself to behave! I need to build my collection up though! What has everyone else read so i can add it to my wishlist?

(i will write up a review for this book once i'm done with it, i'm pretty busy so it sometimes takes me a while to read an entire book cover to cover)

Thanks in advance! What with recent events i'm taking a break from men in general. Just myself and my toys for a while which means i'm gonna have time to read a few good books :)

i am not much of a reader of erotic literature, I have read some of De Sade's books and the Story Of O, but that was a good few years ago when I was a bit of a pretentious twat.

The De Sade stuff is pretty heavy going but very interesting when placed in the perspective of being written over 200 years ago. There is a lot of degradation which isn't really my cuppa but man did that guy have an imagination/life.

As an avid comic book fan I can highly recommend an image book called sunstone https://imagecomics.com/content/view/bondage-discipline-and...-love-in-sunstone really good book. Check out a torrent if not sure, but if you like it please buy it, artist/creators deserve support.

Although I havent looked at the site since the days of dial up internet I remember Literotica (free website) had some pretty good amateur erotica. The stuff might not win awards but was certainly better than fan fiction involving Ron and Harry's penchant for the rusty starfish.

I have just finished "The Story of O" and I certainly won't be reading it again. I found it hard going for several reasons. Will add my review in a day or two.

Even if you don't have a kindle you can read on a tablet or even a phone (not ideal) and books are cheaper this way; you can even get some free.

Several of us have enjoyed the Tiffany Reisz books. I also like Jusine Elyot's stories for a bit of lighthearted, well written fun.

Thank you! I will check these out! Capricorn12 please let me know when your review is up and i will check it out :)

hahah macspants that must have been SO long ago i will still in high school in the dial up days! and the rusty starfish bit....hahahahahhaa

I'm in the process of reading Alison Tyler's A story of submission series. It's great!!

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

hahah macspants that must have been SO long ago i will still in high school in the dial up days!

Yep... just popping upstairs on my stannah stairlift with my mug of cocoa, loling and rofling all the way. Kids today huh!

Anything by KD Grace is well worth a read, I read "The Initiation of Ms Holly" first and it is a very hot read!

If you're into cowboys, look for Lorelei James' "Rough Riders" series. They're good raunchy romance books with lots of hot sex. I got them for my kindle but I think you can buy them as books too.

Hope you find something fun!

macspants wrote:

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

hahah macspants that must have been SO long ago i will still in high school in the dial up days!

Yep... just popping upstairs on my stannah stairlift with my mug of cocoa, loling and rofling all the way. Kids today huh!

I actually laughed out loud when I read that , I too remember the dial up days !

As for books, try anything by Portia da Costa as they are well written with plenty of sex. And if you want some quick reads on your phone you can try Literotica, they have a wide range of stories, some pretty good .

I would second Portia da Costa but some of the early ones now seem a little dated. They are, however, well written whereas some of the stuff on literotica is not. They are also set in England, which generally I prefer.

You could also look at the links in the LH erotic fiction writers thread. Our own LadyS writes some great short stories.

Not erotica in the slightest, but I really enjoyed reading "Bonk: The Curious Coupling Of Sex And Science" by Mary Roach. She does a great job of finding out interesting things about sex discovered by science, and then presenting it in a way that is engaging as well as informative.

I discovered a group on Facebook for books and now i read loads.

Crossfire trilogy

Stark trilogy

To name a few

I enjoyed Sophie Morgan's Diary Of A Submissive a lot. And I think the sequel, No Ordinary Love Story, it's even better than the first book. And I'm currently reading The Boss by Abigail Barnett and up to now (I'm into the second third of the book) I think it's a good book. Not great by any means, but it's entertaining.

LH dont sell them but i really loved the after dark trilogy by sadie matthews =)

If you want paper copies of books LH don't sell you can pick them up secondhand quite reasonably from the usual sites.

I'm on my 6th book in the Tiffany Reisz series - just started 'The King' - boy am I loving these books :) xx

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

So i hit up the fifty shades collection of books the second that they arrived on the shelves.. in fact i was in America at the time and bought the lot there (that was most certainly wonderful to read on a nine hour flight home when i'd never read an erotic novel before) but i was wondering what other books are out there and even more so what books are good in the LH collection on here?

I'm currently reading how to seduce a billionaire and actually have to read the story when i am alone because 'dream lover' actually describes my kind of dream lover...i cannot trust myself to behave! I need to build my collection up though! What has everyone else read so i can add it to my wishlist?

(i will write up a review for this book once i'm done with it, i'm pretty busy so it sometimes takes me a while to read an entire book cover to cover)

Thanks in advance! What with recent events i'm taking a break from men in general. Just myself and my toys for a while which means i'm gonna have time to read a few good books :)

If you enjoyed 50 shades you should look at an author called sylvia day. I love her books..not as intense as 50 shades but similar..x

Scorpius12 wrote:

I'm on my 6th book in the Tiffany Reisz series - just started 'The King' - boy am I loving these books :) xx

I looked a little into what she wrote and I'm intrigued. I think I'm going to dig a little bit further!

Ive very much new to not just these kind of books but any really. ?. Last book I read properly was harry potter ha! But I was recommended sylvia day captivated by u .... I really enjoyed it ... gunna following this thread to extend my collection :)

Scorpius12 wrote:

I really enjoyed it and it is reduced for Kindle today at only 99p on A....n but you should probably start at the beginning of the series.

Sylvia Day is good too.

I also really enjoyed tiffany reisz books. I also enjoy portia da costa and kd grace espeacilly the iniatation of miss holly and the pet shop great books!

enjoy you reading

I forgot Eden Bradley too!