Lessons I learnt from the forums this week

Any interesting bits of info you came across in the forum you feel should be reproduced. It does not have to be a tip (don't want to tread on any recent threads toes!), it could just be something interesting or mad that might be worth a debate or mention.

After reading the 'Dumb things in the name of naughtiness' thread I can say:

I learnt hair removal is both more dangerous and painful for others than I imagined.

Oooo.. must start with 'I learnt' or 'I learned'....

Go ahead.

I learnt that the forums aren't a good place to come when you are revising too many distractions and it reminds me of all the fun I'm missing out on!

Ax

I learnt that theres more going on here than just sex talk, the people here are so supportive and helpful in other areas of life too, and I learnt not to worry too much about my smear result. :-)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Thought my english was better than this, but whats the difference between 'learnt' and 'learned'?

I feel dumb for asking...

Don't - I just asked the same thing!

Apparently they are the same but one's American

Ax

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Thought my english was better than this, but whats the difference between 'learnt' and 'learned'?

I feel dumb for asking...

Learnt generally UK, learned often US.External Media

I think learnt is UK english and learned is US english

xxKPxx

Not that I care which is used, as long as we communicate who gives a tiddles!

I thought it was the other way round

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

I thought it was the other way round External Media

You need to change your Word dictionary to English (U.K.) young lady!External Media

This week I learnt the difference between learned and learnt...

Ax

I blame work - all the dictionaries are set to US english (and all the management say fu-nance rather than fy-nance sucking up to our American boss) tsk

I learnt that there really are nice genuine ppl to chat to on this earth and that not everyone is out to back stab u...... why cant ppl from the OA be my neighbours =S

Malteser81 wrote:

I learnt that there really are nice genuine ppl to chat to on this earth and that not everyone is out to back stab u...... why cant ppl from the OA be my neighbours =S

I spent WAY too long looking for the "like" button! On the forums this week I learnt that faebook has broken my brain!

xxKPxx

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

Cuz you'd have to put up with noisy music from our stereo! Lol!

And no f'in way am I moving to Wales!External Media

Joking! I like Wales (but not the language).

surely Pobol y Cwm on S4C makes up for anything wrong with Wales!

I actually AM moving to Wales and soon! Excited!

xxKPxx

AdnaW wrote:

This week I learnt the difference between learned and learnt...

This. I just seem to be unable to study for my last exam and it's the only one I'm not 100% confident in passing.

KittyPurry wrote:

I actually AM moving to Wales and soon! Excited! External Media

xxKPxx

Wait 'til you see the road signs...

It's a lovely place really, some great scenery! Enjoy it KP, I assume its job related... Hope it goes well and you cure cancer or hayfever!

WandA wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

I actually AM moving to Wales and soon! Excited! External Media

xxKPxx

Wait 'til you see the road signs...

It's a lovely place really, some great scenery! Enjoy it KP, I assume its job related... Hope it goes well and you cure cancer or hayfever!

I think Welsh sounds rather sexy...possible because I imagine you need some almighty tongue control to get around all the Ls!

xxKPxx

Could always tell when you got to the more nationalist parts of Wales when the roadsigns switched from English then Welsh to Welsh then English - occurred at about Carmarthen coming from the South