Lingerie for a body conscious wife?

Excellent buddy really pleased for you both :upside_down_face:

My wifeā€™s order was delivered today but Iā€™m not allowed to see her in it till our weekend away! Such a tease with a couple months to wait but itā€™s going to be worth the wait!

1 Like

@Funbigguy,

A couple of months is nothing, just remember you canā€™t rush perfection :wink: all the very best I hope when you get away together you both have an amazing time.

3 Likes

Catsuits might also be worth looking at, Lovehoney sells several!

They come in a range of styles and sizes including plus size.

We love this one

2 Likes

Sorry to drag this one back up, but Iā€™m getting that cat suit @LongtermCouple! Looks great!

2 Likes

@Double_L wow - thatā€™s quite something, isnā€™t it?

@Funbigguy I would imagine that a robe and a babydoll would be an ideal choice. Let us know how your weekend goes!

@MsSubExperimenter I love bodystockings, and I have a totally different figure - they seem to suit everyone!

Iā€™m a straight up and down 32A, which brings a whole different set of confidence issues. Iā€™ve accepted that while I might be able to get away with a basque or babydoll, they are really designed to enhance curves - and I donā€™t have any (sigh). I really do look better if I follow my body shape with teddies and body stockings.

Body stockings are 2 for Ā£20 at the moment :+1:

@corylou0429

I know exactly what you means, as I feel very much the same, although my kids are teenagers now. I am a curvy size 12 but my tummy still kind of hangs over many styles of knickers and I hate it. Iā€™ve recently started buying lingerie sets with higher waisted knickers as they are much more flattering on my tummy. Bigger knickers donā€™t have to look frumpy!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/seven-til-midnight-black-lace-bralette-set/80372.html
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-parisienne-black-plunge-longline-bra-and-crotchless-thong-set/72027.html

A longline basque or corset can help with shaping:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-moonlight-wine-plunge-basque-set/69946.html
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/coquette-zip-front-longline-corset-with-suspenders/70045.html

A chemise can be very sexy whilst providing some coverage:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-parisienne-black-lace-plunge-chemise/72030.html
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/escante-black-lace-up-back-chemise-set/73228.html
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/mapale-black-lace-side-split-chemise-set-/80646.html

A babydoll can accentuate the bust whilst flowing around the waist and stomach:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-barely-there-black-push-up-babydoll-set/68930.html

I hope you find something which suits your figure and makes you feel like the sexy momma you are!

1 Like

Hey @Funbigguy, my wife is very conscious about her mummy tummy, itā€™s the one part of her figure that didnā€™t fully recover after our 2 kids. Despite the fact I tell her constantly it really doesnā€™t bother me she tries to stay away from lingerie that shows it off as much as she can. For this reason her lingerie collection is mostly made up with corsets, basques, babydolls, chemises literally anything that covers it up but still makes her feel and look super sexy. :bikini: X

I love a pair of high waisted knickers. I have these from LH:

Iā€™d also recommend babydolls, they draw the eye to the boobs and skim over the bum for a sexy glimpse of whatā€™s beneath. I usually buy knickers separately to go with them because they usually come with thongs that are just too revealing for my tastes.

2 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 I usually find any thong that comes with a chemise etc is not at all flattering! I have a couple of high waisted ones I like although Iā€™d only wear them briefly for sexy time :grin:

1 Like

I have bought items from the LH fierce range for my wife.
My wife has curves and feels great in them. She said they are really comfortable. This one has been discontinued unfortunately, but so many other really sexy items. Really blew me away when she put it on.

1 Like

@titania . You have excellent taste.

1 Like

@Kitty-Cat01 . Iā€™m sure you look fabulous in these, such a sexy look

1 Like

Hopefully itā€™s ok to resurrect this thread. But like a lot of men I am visually stimulated and I think my wife is hot and would love to see her in some hot lingerie. Since having a child though she has been very self concious about her tummy, she is by no means fat but just has some extra baby cushioning left which in no way bothers me, infact i think sheā€™s all the sexier for having put her body on the line to have our child.

I mentioned that I wanted to buy her some sexy lingerie about a month ago to which she didnā€™t outright say no to but when i showed her some stuff I thought she would look good in she just canā€™t see herself in them. I reassured her that the ones that I was looking at were designed to try and help cover up the bits that bother her rather than leaving her exposed but she wasnā€™t massively convinced. She pointed out to this as something which she thought she might feel comfortable in so I have bought that but I also think sheā€™d look hot in something like this with some stockings etc. so I have gambled on the latter also but not sure how it will goā€¦

Has anyone had any experience with the latter? How does it actually fit on a normal (non model) person, does it do a good job of covering the tummy area etc.? How did it make you feel when wearing it?

2 Likes

I ordered the latter just last week , couldnt resist at that price !!
I have the basque that matches it (wearing in my picture) and i much prefer the chemise , i am a plus size and my tummy area is my most hated area , the basque does wonders for keeping my boobs in place but my tummy is still on show . With the chemise the design is the same on top so boobs perfect and the length covers my tummy up perfectly as well , its comfy and sexy and i feel brilliant it in i think most of that is seeing OH and how aroused he is looking at me . Your partner will probably want to wear the one she prefers first but Once she is feeling confident and sexy in her choice you will probably find she will be happy to try the other on
I did buy stockings to go with it but we didnt get round to getting them on :grin:

Hi, thanks for replying on this. Your reply has given me some confidence and I agree at that price it seemed like a no brainer. I was a bit worried about sizing as she is usually an 8/10 but saw some reviews about sizing being off but i used the sizing guide and basically went for the larger option after I measured my wife up. I want her to feel comfortable in it so iā€™m hoping it fits comfortable on the waist but doesnt look awkard aroud her boobs. We shall see. Iā€™m hoping sheā€™ll pair it with the sexy lacy stockings and crotchless panties and feel super sexy in it all as I know sheā€™ll look it. Iā€™m guessing sheā€™ll go for the babydoll at first so I wonā€™t pressure her in to the Chemise. I have bought myself some slightly silly looking underwear which I hope will make her feel a bit more relaxed about it all when I show her.

1 Like

Im sure she will love both once she is feeling comfy and confident :blush:
Have fun

1 Like

This is the piece that brought my confidence back after giving birth. It hides all the right things and is my favourite piece. I would also recommend these: which can also be paired with stockings as it comes with removable suspenders. The high waisted nickers do wonders!
I thought sizing was pretty spot on.

1 Like

Yeah I can see how the lacy body could work, slightly more expensive but does look nice. If she enjoys what I have bought her so far and wants more in the future I might suggest that one, or if indeed what I have bought doesnā€™t do the trick then maybe this might.

1 Like

I hope she likes them both @mcg1n :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I imagine you were right to size up. I usually wear dress size 12 but fit size 14 - 16 lingerie better on LH.

I used to have very low body confidence too but Iā€™m a lot better now that Iā€™ve found lingerie that suits me. My suggestion would be to try lots of different styles and donā€™t forget that you can return anything that you donā€™t like (the returns policy isnā€™t very clear but as long as you donā€™t cut the tags off and you try knickers on over your own underwear, itā€™s fine to return it). I discoved bodies - like the red one @DevilishDan linked to, I never thought that style would suit me but it really does! I also look for bra sets with high waisted knickers and, if I buy a babydoll I try to buy seperate, bigger knickers to go with it because Iā€™m not a fan of g-strings.

1 Like