Lip Biting (your own)

I neveruse to be a lip biter, but it has become a habit of mine recently. Part of this is because I have a lump inside my mouth, which can get caught, from time to time. The lump is being removed in a few weeks time, but will have stitches there, which I will have to be careful with until they heal.

Even when I don't catch the lump, I still see to be biting my lip from time to time, as I've gotten use to it. It's almost a comfort thing which I have gotten use to.

So once it's healed, I'm slightly worried, that I may have formed a habit, and would like to break it.

I was wondering if anyone else had a method to break habits like this (I guess nail biting is a similar habit too)?

Oh, I should get some Lovehoney mints ^_^ good idea!

I probably will find solid food tricky for a bit too, I have more cosmetic surgery inside / around my mouth then too... it's just the bit around the lip, I can see getting damaged by my stupidity....

Although there's a chance the lump formed due to biting my lip badly at some point... I dunno. But I will get some mints or something in =)

How very Anastasia Steele... !

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

How very Anastasia Steele... !

I was waiting for someone to bring that up ^_^

Alice, you made me chuckle.

Shame the book doesn't go into it more really, as I'd find that very helpful and interesting.

Maybe Christian told her to stop biting her lip so often, not just because he found it a turn on, but also had concerns about the dental surgery needed if it got worse?

What a sexy habit.

I am a lip biter. I have two completely different habits with lip biting:

1) I bite my lips when nervous. I don't mean the cute, sexy "50 shades" lip biting here, I mean biting the skin until my lips are all chapped and sore and look awful. Thats a nervous thing I have

2) I bite my bottom lip when I am close to orgasm. I did not realise I did this until I asked my current partner how he knows when I am close (I am not massively vocal until the final moments so I wondered how he knew.) He said apart from the usual body movements/muscle tension and breathing changing, I bite my bottom lip every time. I became aware of it after that. Lol The thing is, I have noticed it isn't always "just" when I am close. I catch myself biting my lip sometimes when I am only half way through and then I force myself to stop it just in case he thinks I am closer than I am and gets disappointed! Lol Oh dear.

I bite my lip when nervous or if i am getting turned on to hold back a moan or if I am getting frustated to stop my saying something

nervous or angry .... THATS when i bite my lip .. or when im very turned on

OMG, I just thought of something worse than biting my lip after the surgery.... I probably won't be able to kiss anyone for a week or so. I love kissing too.....

Man, that's going to make me bite my lip more out of frustration, I bet.

MightyBum, generally I like to bite my lovers lip slightly, during sex, rather than my own. Only lightly though.

Negative reinforcement might work.

Ness... Surely the stitches and the pain in your lip after the operation will be enough of a deterrent anyway? You will constantly be aware of it because it hurts and so you will be unlikely to bite down on it? Hope the operation goes well.

Fluffbags wrote:

Ness... Surely the stitches and the pain in your lip after the operation will be enough of a deterrent anyway? You will constantly be aware of it because it hurts and so you will be unlikely to bite down on it? Hope the operation goes well.

I'm not sure, all I know is that I should be pretty out of it for two days. I think the problem is that I'm having lumps removed from both sides of my mouth so it'll probably make it easier to bite.

Well tomorrow morning I will be having my the lumps removed / a biopsy.

I have read up about stictes and everything, eaten a healthy a=mount today, and even have breakfast ready for tomorrow morning.

I have milkshakes in and other soft foods too.

Hopefully it'll be mostly healed by next weekend as I will be doing talks, private sex ed sessions, and more. Sooner would be better as I've been invited to do some free training as well as go to a few press events. Although the training can happen anytime really, I would prefer to get it done before the events from the 16th aug.

Plus I have a truck load of guides to write for companies... which I am getting bored of... yes there are countless ways to write G-spot sex toy guides, but can't I have something different to write, pleaaaase? I must get on with reviews too, I haven't had time recently :-/

I am nervous as I hate anyone being incontrol like this, but do also understand that they are a trained doctor.

I'd have bitten the lump out!

KebertXela wrote:

I'd have bitten the lump out!

It's very solidly in place... I've tried! Well I'm certain I have in my sleep, with how badly bitten my lip has been sometimes.

I'd prefer to keep scaring to a min and not loose any of the good plump lip tissue which give my lips a nice shape.

But also one of the lumps I wouldn' be able to bite out.... I seriously don't think it's a wise idea considering how large they are, and really, even if I believe they are harmless, they need to be sent off for testing... which kinda freaks me out in ways.

I didnt say it would sensible to do so

KebertXela wrote:

I didnt say it would sensible to do so

Good... as I have been tempted to remove it myself, but have been well behaved and waited... NHS waiting list is such a pain.

waiting is a pain . but paying extortionate amounts for basic healtcare is a worse pain .. dont be dissin the nhs lol

I suffer from this habit and have since childhood. it is particularly bad because I end up with rough scabs on my lips which can end up getting ripped off again, it becomes a vicious cycle.

the only thing that has stopped me is wearing lots of lip gloss and vaseline (it helps keep the lips moisturised and stops the rough, biteable bits) and smearing not very nice tasting stuff on them. Or you you could try reducing stress, stress is a big contributor towards nervous habits like this! I also wring my hands when im nervous though luckily this isnt so destructive

I bite my lip all the time. Do people really find this sexy?

AliMc wrote:

I bite my lip all the time. Do people really find this sexy?

I think it depends on how the person does it.

They have been removed! Yay! although my mouth is feeling a tad painful now and I'm meant to be taking the day off work, but sat down striaght away and started working.... -_-

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I think it depends on how the person does it.

They have been removed! Yay! although my mouth is feeling a tad painful now and I'm meant to be taking the day off work, but sat down striaght away and started working.... -_-

Hi Nymphomaniac - I am pleased your op went ok - hope you're feeling better soon :)