Liquid latex

I'm looking for some of that paint on liquid latex stuff for a costume for a friend, but I can't find it here, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

I've only ever come across it in a spray can and it stank to high heaven - just so you're aware. Sorry I wasn't more help.

There seems to be quite a lot of it on ebay, to my surprise!

Yay for ebay, the home of every item on the planet......minus sex toys ^_^

x x x

eBay sells it in bottles, and there's plenty of it to be found. Was gonna buy some back along for a costume myself.

We used to sell it in lots of different colours but the UK manufacturer closed down a few years ago. We ended up buying it from the US for a few years but sales decreased and as the £ was falling against the $ it was getting to expensive to bring it over. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can find anyone stocking it in Europe. Is likely to be around the £10-£15 price mark but will be supplied in a tub instead of a bottle and normally comes with sponges to paint on the body.

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

For sex toys (new and... err... used) you need http://www.ebanned.net/!

USED??!! Oh god that is just wrong....eww

We've got this stuff http://www.latex-heaven.co.uk/liquid_latex.html It's pretty good fun!

make sure you have some sheets down though lol! ;)

Ah thanks all, I did think LH used to sell it. We'll look elsewhere then because it's only a one off for a costume. We'd envisaged putting it in swirls so it could be peeled off like a snake shedding it's skin for a burlesque act. Anyone used it and think that's possible?

I don't get ebay and paypal not being for sex toys it's really annoying!

Oooh cool thanks emmilou!

hmm i must admit to being a little geeky and seeign it on a CSI vegas episode and i would quite like to try it, it looks fun

imeldaimelda wrote:

Ah thanks all, I did think LH used to sell it. We'll look elsewhere then because it's only a one off for a costume. We'd envisaged putting it in swirls so it could be peeled off like a snake shedding it's skin for a burlesque act. Anyone used it and think that's possible?

I don't get ebay and paypal not being for sex toys it's really annoying!

yeah you might be ok as long as you apply a lot of coats to a specific area as it tends to be quite stretchy and breakable in thin coats! Once you get a good thickness it's pretty tough stuff though! i've been playing with the idea of using baking stencils and see if that works as it might give a raised edge, this would be very handy for the stripping ;)

I'm guessing you would need to be totally bare for that stuff or it would be a bitch to peel off

Puppies77 wrote:

I'm guessing you would need to be totally bare for that stuff or it would be a bitch to peel offExternal MediaExternal Media

yeah it's very much a liquid when you apply it so it can soak into fabrics very easily and once it's dried i don't think you'd get it out very easily/at all as it's very rubberised when dried (stating the obv i know lol)!

i guess it would be ok on a non-porous surface like pvc but don't hold me to that as i don't know what affect it could have on the finish of the surface etc!

and yeah make sure you shave well lol! (thought i better get to the actual point some time lol)

that being said it wasn't impossible to get out of hair! =D

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I've never used it, or seen it used.. What is it like?

well it's watery at first, dries rubbery and is great fun! you use a soft sponge applicator to paint it onto your model.

they should totally do small tester pots or something so people can try it without spending a fortune on it!

i like how it says about using it for an outfit for a night out!who the hell would go out wearing painted on latex??? you'd probably be arrested lol!

O/H half has mentioned using latex a few times so I have ordered a starter kit as a surprise. I think this she likes the idea of a second skin (and frankly just the fun of using it) more than the sex side of it. Not having much knowledge of it myself, can anyone recommend any websites that show 'latex fashion' (if such a thing exists) as we need some costume ideas to look at before our latex kit arrives!

here's a very very small gallery!

http://www.liquid-latex-bodypaint.co.uk/Liquidlatex_gallary.html

kinda gives you an idea of what it's like though i guess! looks like the stripping idea is doable though imelda!

i'm yet to find a decent art gallery though! i shall keep looking!

Thanks DD, quite like the handprint one from http://www.latex-heaven.co.uk/gallery.html though not sure what O/H will go for.... guess I will find out soon!