Little couple secrets you don't share

We've all got at least one - a little 'couple's secret'; whether it's a name, gesture, activity, past moment or anything you have together that you think is unique to the both of you, and that you don't share with others. And if you're single, I'm sure you have your own little secret too.

The sort of thing that were you asked by someone on LoveHoney to explain, you'd go all red in the face and think other members would giggle at the screen for it being so cutesy, funny or just plain different.

What I mean is naturally best explained with an example, so obeying duty as thread starter to begin, here is mine:

Before my girlfriend and I met in person - that is, before I moved to China, one night we were getting very close over the phone. It was a chilly winter's night and before we jumped into anything, it was nice to break the ice a little by talking about pet names and such romantic cutesy things. Neither of us were shy, but the words you might consider everyday in sex (e.g. cock, etc), would probably make her blush, so we decided to chat humorously, but sincerely about what we would name each other's down there and in between.

My girlfriend loves romance and I unashamedly do too, so what some might think of as sappy makes us both all warm inside - so we talked about some pet names. The imagery was already in my mind - the colour, shape, famous symbol and beauty, so I asked her if rose was a nice name. I enjoyed explaining why, glistening rose after a summer shower and all. She really liked the name.

As for naming mine, this is where you'll sit giggling at me if you haven't started already. My girlfriend was having trouble thinking of a name but wanted one along the same vocabulary as hers, sounding masculine but still soft. In the end, we came up with bumblebee. I know, and I bet you're all thinking it's funny and long-winded. But however humorous we thought it was at first, both names stuck and we made our two pet names. After all, bumblebees pollinate roses...

I'm sure some of people, understandably may be wide-eyed wondering how those names can be considered sexy at bedtime - but in all honesty, they stuck quickly and from then until today, we've always used both of those names. When you've used them for so long, nothing else can replace them. We're hands-up a proud, sappy couple

So everyone, what's your little secret?

*Apologies for the few word/grammar mistakes I made there.

We have lots and well.....they're secret!

You're pollenating in-joke made me giggle though!

xxKPxx

Interesting story.

I'm sure we have a few but only one really sticks in my mind at the moment, I sometimes run my hands through Ad's hair or gently tug it while my arm is on her shoulder. She has long hair so it's easy to hide. We both get it's a naughty thing for us that often elicits a cheeky smile and lip bite.

we have plenty of little 'in-jokes' we dont share, not for embarassment but fot the sheer fact that people may not understand and having to explain is not worth it! lol

xGHx

I remember during one paticularly funny afternoon i was kissing my oh belly and for no reason in paticular i suddenly remembered an episode on the simpsons where Homer says to Marge "my god your greasy" ina very drooly way as Homer does. Next thing though i am repeating the entire line with drooling sounds and all.

Not sure if thats what you were looking for but it has stuck and always bring about roaring laughter from her. Thank god my missus has a god sense of humour though.

Good job i don't know any of you in real life ...

One one occasion I was feeling a bit silly as we began to have sex, and took a deep breath and blew a raspberry between her boobs.

It was a magnificent example of a raspberry and had her reduced to tears of laughter.

So if she's had a hard day and i'm giving her a massage i do the same thing - it always cheers her up!

lol we have plenty of in-jokes and names for each other (that are not soppy) :)

Lots of our in jokes are comments/phrases from knowing each other in general... :)

we have one very secret past experience which I promised to take to the grave... so my lips are zipppped!!! :D

x

Oh you cant tell us that and then not follow through with it......We promise not to tell anyone!

chels18 wrote:

we have one very secret past experience which I promised to take to the grave... so my lips are zipppped!!! :D

x

That will drive me mad now! I need to know!!!!! External Media

Sorry to be so late coming back, I've not had much free time lately. It's been great to read everyone's replies!

Ah, I guess secrets will be secrets sometimes, as they wouldn't be secrets anymore once they're out. The subtle things couples do to each other often seem to have the best effect - yes, tugging hair slightly can be interpreted in lots of nice ways. Sometimes I like to run my hands through my girlfriend's hair as well, though that's more because I just like her hair - she keeps it really, really long sometimes and is one to look graceful with long hair. Last year, her hair went well down to her waist.

Thanks everyone for sharing, it's been nice and uplifting to read them Avrielle (is it okay to call you that?), that's very cute. Sometimes it's hard to get my girlfriend all in the mood again once she's started laughing at something - usually it's a bit similar to what you and Mr Coco Nut mentioned, i.e. speaking in funny ways. I was kissing down her tummy one night which she normally loves, but when I heard a cute little squeak I looked up to find my girlfriend trying her utmost holding her breath not to burst out laughing - apparently once she starts giggling, every little touch becomes ticklish. It doesn't spoil the mood, just makes it lighter and playful - rasberries, voices and all, though sometimes it's a bit of a transition from lusting over each other to naughty children

Sam66 wrote:

Good job i don't know any of you in real life ... External Media External Media

One one occasion I was feeling a bit silly as we began to have sex, and took a deep breath and blew a raspberry between her boobs.

It was a magnificent example of a raspberry and had her reduced to tears of laughter.

So if she's had a hard day and i'm giving her a massage i do the same thing - it always cheers her up!

lol my OH does this, it makes me laugh every time

we have an ongoing licking joke too as he did it to wind me up one day...

we also have the ongoing joke that we have to stop ourselves from "hi-5ing" during threesomes... lol!

I suppose there are just those "things" that people do with each other which is what keeps them close, giggling and creates a tighter bond!

I'm sure we have a few - I love the hair pulliing - makes me grin!

He'll also tug on the belt loop of my jeans which tends to make me feel all submissive.

I'm sure there are loads but I can't think of them now, They're just us.

Adx

Swinging - we don't share the fact we do with our friends, BUT... we have a framed photo in our bedroom of us involved in an orgy at a house party . I invited a visiting friend to come and try on my new winter coat, which was hanging in the wardrobe, forgetting the picture. The friend saw it, and said "wow, i didn't know you two did THAT!" and wanted to know all the details. When we have non-swinging friends visiting now, we turn the picture over!

Oh, Let me think...

Jade sometimes will poke me in the bum when Im talking to my parents etc. So I have to hide my cheeky grin from them! She knows I like bum fun so she really is teasing me when she does it! Maybe oneday she'll do it for real lol...

I like to invade her chatbox on fb or here with a ton of x's, Its quite funny as she sits there with a WTF? kinda look as the pings keep going off lol.

Hah! I also do the 'Face lick' thing from time to time, It annoys Jade but its funny coz she's not expeccting it!

If we're walkling along she'll sometimes barge me into a bush or wall which has been funny in the past!

So many to remember......

We have a few that make zero sense written down but the vast majority of them are innocent so we can get away with the in jokes out in public

The injoke i find funny but she is not too keen on is using her as a leaning post when she drags me round shops, well she is the right height

swingcouple wrote:

Swinging - we don't share the fact we do with our friends, BUT... we have a framed photo in our bedroom of us involved in an orgy at a house party . I invited a visiting friend to come and try on my new winter coat, which was hanging in the wardrobe, forgetting the picture. The friend saw it, and said "wow, i didn't know you two did THAT!" and wanted to know all the details. When we have non-swinging friends visiting now, we turn the picture over!

We dont share this fact either, I don't feel it is anyone business really!! I once told a mate after our first MMF and her reaction made me realise that I had to play it down as a one off....

not for everyone I suppose!