Love/Lust - Just a question?

Personally, I think this topic will either take off or (more likely) fall flat...

BUT (call me a hopeless romantic hippie) I think that sex it such huge topic here, and why wouldn't it be? this IS lovehoney after all! And we all love sex - who doesnt?? But something makes me think "so many people here are in relationships, going steady, engaged, even married, but it's not really something anyone talks about.

To me, forall lust/sex is a great part of a relationship, there still has to be other emotions.

So, I'd like to ask people 'What do you like to do for your OH on a day to day basis?'

For me, I like to do laundry and wash dishes. Boring? I know.. I also like to leave a little note every week or so in his wallet or phone case or pocket for him to find during the day sometime ans squish his butt (he has the best butt!)

What about anyone else? :)

I struggle a lot with my energy, so my OH often ends up doing more than her fair share of chores around the appartment. This makes me feel bad. But make sure I cook nice dinners, and pack her a nice lunch every night and leave it in the fridge so she can just grab it in the morning. She's also a huge cudler, so even though she gets up a lot earlier than me, I make sure I go to bed when she does and let her have at least 15 minutes of just cuddles while she's falling asleep.

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

I struggle a lot with my energy, so my OH often ends up doing more than her fair share of chores around the appartment. This makes me feel bad. But make sure I cook nice dinners, and pack her a nice lunch every night and leave it in the fridge so she can just grab it in the morning. She's also a huge cudler, so even though she gets up a lot earlier than me, I make sure I go to bed when she does and let her have at least 15 minutes of just cuddles while she's falling asleep.

Aw that's so sweet!

It's great that you both do things for each other, regardless of energy..

I've noticed that people around where i live dont do that - they just shout at each other and cheat on their partners.. It's a shame that no one makes it work like that, and they would rarther throw everything away and start over.

HappyHippy wrote:

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

Aw that's so sweet!

It's great that you both do things for each other, regardless of energy..

I've noticed that people around where i live dont do that - they just shout at each other and cheat on their partners.. It's a shame that no one makes it work like that, and they would rarther throw everything away and start over.

This is actually something I've struggled to understand after moving here (I'm not British). The family dynamics here seem so messed up throughout society. I think the police have been to my neighbour's door four or five times in the last year because of disturbane calls.

Taking care of my OH is important to me. We leave each other notes and always call during lunch. My neighbours call each other horrible names and throw beer bottles after each other. To each their own I suppose.

I also do housework, though my OH does most of the cooking. I vacuum, do laundry and ironing, shop for groceries, organise the house and make appointments etc.

other things I like to do include a bit of banter, sexual or non-sexual; either works ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I also write messages on our fridge for him, and send the odd naughty text and like to snuggle up to him in bed. I buy all the toys and stuff we have from here, as I like to experiment and try new things.

also try and do stuff like that outside the bedroom, like suggesting we go to a different restaurant or visit a NT or an EH place for strolls round gardens etc.

its easy to get bogged down with everyday stuff, but I think it's important to make time to show each other we care and respect each other. Also making an effort is important to me. My only grumble is sometimes he could dress a bit nicer, and look after himself a bit better in general, but then he does work hard and is a great father and husband in general.

He makes me breakfast in the mornings, some cereal with fruit usually, and brings me a hot drink in bed. So I have it very good in that respect, ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I try and do whatever I can to make sure she feels wanted and appreciated. I do a lot of the cleaning, laundry and normal day to day stuff. I certainly do all the ironing. When she does it I always make sure I say thank you.

I surprise her with flowers every now and again and I've arranged childcare I can surprise her with nights out etc.

Anything and everything really, can't say I get anything at all in return which does hurt a little sometimes which is why I go to so much effort for her. But then I remember that she does have the kids for full weekends every now and again so I can bugger off with my mates for little surf trips so I do pretty well!

I do everything . . . . and get absolutely nothing in return.

Maybe try to shake things up a bit Terri, do nothing and demand everything in return (*nicely* of course)

maybe you'll shock your OH into being more helpful

![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

My OH suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and works full time,i finish work at 2pm,so i do a fair bit of housework and any other things i can to help out,this usually leaves us free to do very little at the weekend,and indulge in other things!

Hubby works super hard and long hours so I stay home with our little ones and make sure that the house is tidy, all the washing, cleaning etc is done the best that I can do.

I probably text him at least 5 times a day just to tell him how much I love him and how happy he makes me, and I will speak to him several times during the day too.

I always make sure that once the little ones are in bed and we've had our tea that we get some snuggle time on on the sofa and then we always have cuddles in bed (and normally a little more lol)

Sounds pretty boring but he likes to provide for us and likes the fact that I'm looking after the little ones at home and I like to make him happy, so an old fashioned relationship in some ways but it works for us :)

We have a lot of massage, mostly me giving him them (he works out a lot more and winds up tense) which sometimes leads to sex, but more often doesn't. It's a really nice relaxing thing to maintain a lot of intimate physical contact, especially if you're not having much sex.

We have a lot of playful harassment (e.g. I'm just doing the washing up minding my own business, and he'll come and tickle my sides, or lean on me so my knees buckle and I have to take his weight, or shake me saying "tiny earthquake". We're a super mature couple). A lot of slow motion fights, like swooping in for a punch that someone will either receive, or block also in slow motion. Piggy backs around the house for no reason. Playing chess (I always lose).

Most of these are just small things we do around the house, I don't have much energy so I don't leave it very often, but sometimes we'll go for a walk around the nearby deerpark, or a nearer lake. I'll also just call "hey, guess what?" accross the house and it's either "I love you" or "You're awesome".

Sometimes he'll make me a cup of tea (he doesn't drink tea) which when I was growing up was basically an I-love-you in a mug in my house.

This is a wonderful thread :-)
On a day-to-day basis, I do all of the housework and cook all the meals. When I have to go out, I always leave him a little note. I also redo all his alarms with little msgs, letting him know, how much I love him and how happy I am because I'm with my soulmate <3
On the weekend he always cooks my breakfast and I'm so grateful, his cooking is incredible!

I love this thread :) Just for one example, I track football scores for his team so if they have lost a game then I plan little surprises for him later that day to cheer him up!

I think it's all about the little things you do for a person that are the most meaningful :)

My OH works long hours and has a physical job so he knackered when he comes home. I do all the housework, shopping, cooking, ect and look after the kids.

I love to give him over body massages to ease his aches and I like to send him text's telling him how much I lurve him :)

Petrichor wrote:

We have a lot of massage, mostly me giving him them (he works out a lot more and winds up tense) which sometimes leads to sex, but more often doesn't. It's a really nice relaxing thing to maintain a lot of intimate physical contact, especially if you're not having much sex.

We have a lot of playful harassment (e.g. I'm just doing the washing up minding my own business, and he'll come and tickle my sides, or lean on me so my knees buckle and I have to take his weight, or shake me saying "tiny earthquake". We're a mature couple). A lot of slow motion fights, like swooping in for a punch that someone will either receive, or block also in slow motion. Piggy backs around the house for no reason. Playing chess (I always lose).

Most of these are just small things we do around the house, I don't have much energy so I don't leave it very often, but sometimes we'll go for a walk around the nearby deerpark, or a nearer lake. I'll also just call "hey, guess what?" accross the house and it's either "I love you" or "You're awesome".

Sometimes he'll make me a cup of tea (he doesn't drink tea) which when I was growing up was basically an I-love-you in a mug in my house.

That sounds like my OH and myself.. 'tiny earthquake' - I love it!!

I definately agree with everyone saying its the little things.. Everyone sounds super sweet!!

i do feel bad for people saying they don't get anything in return though.. Maybe just talking could help? I can't really say anything because I obviopusly don't know anything about your relationships!

all I can say is i hope everything is OK!

well for me i just try to be there for my partner when ever she needs me and as we live in different areas it can get hard so i try to make sure she knows exactly how i feel about her every day and i try to make her feel appreciated, and when we are actually are together i do anything i can, we usually speand a few days every month or so together so i make the most of it, i take her out shopping, meals, to sit down in the park for hours on end speaking and this one time i just started massaging her because she was a little bit stressed and i just do those little things for her...

there may be connections in lust but lust isnt forever. in my opinion there is more of a connection in just being able to tollerate that one person for so long and it still not being boring or running out of things to say and especially just holding them in your arms even without saying anything can be the best feeling in the whole world.

but lust is pretty awesome too :p

My oh & I do various things.
Like today I've been off with the kids and have managed to hoover whole house (he usually does that), washed all the washing, changed 5 beds.
He'll text me in the morning when he knows I'll be up (he leaves the house really early). I'll get lie in on Sunday and he always makes me a cuppa in my travel mug in the morning 😊

We tend to do stuff kinda together.

like while j is cooking tea, I make tomorrows packed linch, I wash the dishes, J drys them, J does the general cleaning, were I strip stuff down and take it to pieces to give it a good deep clean, I wash and dry the clothes, J irons them.

We send eachother cheeky texts, and we are always giving eachother a quick kiss, hug, or slap on the arse, while the kids roll their eyes.

And we always go to sleep holding hands.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

j&lxxxx wrote:

And we always go to sleep holding hands.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

So sweet!