Lovehoney Silicone Lube

Don’t see why they’d be unsafe to mix, so long as both are sterile.

As far as cleaning up lube internally, I don’t do anything except maybe a rinse with the shower shot but that’s not necessary and I don’t normally do that unless I’m doing things that require a lot of lube, and that’s usually waterbased lube anyway. My partner doesn’t even do that vaginally and hasn’t ever had problems. I doubt the silicone is absorbable in anyway. I never worried about it to be honest.

I've never used silicone mainly because I prefer to use water based just in case of an allergic reaction. But people seem to be giving you good advice.

NikitaMaxine wrote:

I've never used silicone mainly because I prefer to use water based just in case of an allergic reaction. But people seem to be giving you good advice.

Silicone itself is hypoallergenic and inert, so won't cause a reaction. 

It's the other ingredients in lubes you need to watch out for, if you're sensitive.

Water-based lubes are often loaded with far more ingredients than silicone lubes, and therefore often carry a higher risk of causing an allergic reaction.

In fact, silicone lubes often only contain silicone, whereas water-based lubes usually contain thickeners, preservatives and 'other' ingredients to make them stable and shelf-worthy. 

Just be aware that water-based lubes aren't necessarily safe because they're water-based. (Particularly in the states where regulations are very different to the EU and UK and lubes often contain parabens and glycerin as standard).

Long story short: always check all lubes and do a patch test before using a new lube on an intimate area, no matter what kind it is :)