Lovehoney you have a problem ....

Quite a lot of your regular customers are getting really quite annoyed and fed up with the sudden change in postage and yet there is nothing to state any changes from you on the site or otherwise.

Why are parcels suddenly taking 5 days to arrive when we used to be able to set our watches by your 2 day 2nd class delivery service?

Your prompt delivery and usually perfect customer service is what keeps people returning here time after time yet recently even your most loyal customers have been thinking about going elsewhere.

So my question is what's going on and why the change in the delivery that was a MAJOR part of people being so happy with you? Are you even aware that Royal mail seem to have some TNT thing on your parcels now?

I'm hoping other members will add their thoughts and recent problems to this one post so you can see for yourself what we see and when someone checks the forums tomorrow we'll have a few more comments added for you.

Please can you go back to the system we all love you for!

I imagine Lovehoney are still sending things out straight away and it will be the Royal Mail who are the problem. Even my bank statements are arriving later than normal. We even had something stamped at the beggining of the month but it arrived a full 10 days later and that was sent 1st class.

Nope I live in a quite a large town and it's not just me, eveyone I know who has ordered in the last month or so has had deliveries later than normal.

I know it's not my local Royal Mail as my mum posted me a letter First Class and it came the next day. Point being it's not just me, it seems to be a nationwide thing and I'm posting this cause I've been wondering if there has been change in the delivery terms LH has with Royal Mail or if they are even aware of it.

Its a Royal Mail problem! as simple as that! From now on its recorded & special deliverys for me and gift be send recorded! Royal mail gets my blood boiling!

Welcome to the world of down stream access mail! As love honey have changed companies for dispatching "free" postage items to you all. That's why it's taking even longer for Royal Mail to get the stuff to you! Sorry peeps!

It's not just a postage problem, a few people here have mentioned the customer service, too. I've never made a complaint or had to deal with them before this week but it feels like I'm going round in circles trying to find out where my parcel is- which isn't only late, it hasn't shown up at all..

This may explain it a bit better for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downstream_access

2nd class packages are now supposedly going straight to the sorting office, which is why it's now TNT Post. I'm guessing, because they pass a stage, that this is supposed to take the same amout of time but it takes twice as long. It's not Royal Mail because, as PT said, everything I've been sent or bought on ebay has been delivered within a day or two. Not sure if there are any issues with 1st class postage, it seems to be just the second class.

It's not just the delivery that takes longer, it's the fact that it looks like Lh employees are slacking. Wrong items sent out, faulty items or basically making it look like their mistake was the customer's fault is NOT good customer service.

I've been buying from Lovehoney since june and haven't had any problems until recently. I think the staff are too busy working on the pointess '50 shades' range and it's all showing in the service.

I really don't want to start using another retailer but if this doesn't get sorted out soon then I'll have to.

Actually it is not Royal Mail...... Lovehoney switched to a service called TNT who act as a middle man between LH and Royal Mail, this undoubtable is to save LH money but having this middle man is causing delivery delays

And as QueenC said it is also about the customer service being at fault, as well as faulty items, missing items and items not being what were ordered at all. We just want to know what has happened with our reliable lovehoney service

The thing is I wouldn't mind any of this if Lovehoney took the time to TELL US ABOUT IT. Something along the lines of 'we have now changed the way your packages are being delivered' would have been nice. And obviously change the time it takes to 5-6days not 2-3days

My last order was on Thursday 27th September and was supposed to arrive by the 1st. A few months ago, it would have arrived on the 29th, but as the estimated date was the 1st, I thought I'd wait until then because I didn't want the uni's mailroom guys to think I'm obsessive about checking. The parcel wasn't there. It was, however, there the next day, so only a day late. However, yesterday I went to pick up some books I was expecting, and which were supposed to arrive by yesterday and discovered I had been sent a gift. However, I was advised by TT, the sender, that it was ordered on the 27th, the same day as I placed my own order, yet it clearly hadn't arrived by the 2nd, when I picked up my parcel. I've no way of knowing what day it actually arrived and I don't remember if I checked in at the office between the 2nd and the 10th, but even so, it was clearly 2 days late, or more! This is obviously a small example of things going wrong compared to others, but it all adds up.

Such a shame things are going downhill for people, because previously I have been well impressed by LH's speed and customer service.

Then again, the exact same thing happened with Amazon. Some higher profile items i.e. Harry Potter novels arrived within a day of the release date even though I always go for the free postage option, yet now that never happens...

1 Like

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I really don't want to start using another retailer but if this doesn't get sorted out soon then I'll have to.

We all know there is a site out there that does a price match service, free delivery, is meant to have good customer service and has a forum as well....... but we all loved LH for the service we recieved from the moment we ordered until the moment we recieved our products.

Also there is a bit of discrepency in a few things..... for example out of the last 5 items i have purchased i have only recieved 1 dispatch email. Thankfully this information is on our accounts or we wouldn't have a clue. Then again i have been a LH customer for a long time before i had an account here, what happens with those people?

There is a post from Lh Matt about this, I will try to remember the thread it was in and find it

Here you go http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/392074-new-royal-mail-delivery-plans/page-4/#p582992

I suppose as it's free delivery and they do say 3-5 days then nothing has changed, we were just lucky before, and anything over £30 they offer the tracked service which is quicker I think? Not trying to be controversial, just offering my viewpoint.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

There is a post from Lh about this, I will try to remember the thread it was in and find it

is it this one:

Hello All

We are using TNT to SORT our Super Saver post, but it is still being delivered by your local Postie! I won't go into the ins and outs, but this means the parcels bypass the Mail Centres and get taken direct to the delivery offices.

As well as being far more cost effective, early indicators suggest that the service is far more reliable and less parcels are so far going missing. I appreciate some of you may have had your parcels a day or so later than before, but overall the feedback we have had has been very positive. We will be taking your feedback into account during the review period of course!

We have worked hard over the last 18 months to ensure that all of our delivery services offer the very best value for money. A big addition to the services we provide was offering a free 1st class tracked service for all UK orders over £30, which has proven to be immensely popular with so many of our customers, ensuring deliveries are made more quickly and issues are resolved in far less time.

We have also improved our international services over the last 12 months and will continue to look at ways to keep improving.

Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

But that doesn't cover the customer service issue

That's the one LL :)

As for the customer service issue, I can't comment as have had no personal experience of it, whenever have had a problem they have been great, but then I haven't any cause to contact them lately. Equally I haven't placed as many orders recently, the realisation of having almost 20,000 Oh points made me call a halt to my Lh spending for a while lol ;)

I dont see a problem with the service, I've not looked but if they are offering a service of delivery between 3-5 days then you cant complain if they are delivered on the 5th day because they have kept to their service.

If you want your orders faster surely you should just order first class or next day delivery? or even order in advance, I know previously you might of had it good and got your orders before the 5 days but I'm sure since LH has been on tv and such it's customer base has grown massively!

Where I work we get customers phoning up expecting delivery faster because they have previously got an order faster but sometimes you are so rush off your feet at work orders do get sent out slower, I guess it depends on time of the year and such.

I personally love LH and it's one site I've never had a problem with, I've recently found the forums and hope to be posting a lot more here and everytime I've ever had to talk to the LH Team it's always been a very professional service.

I thought the free delivery was 2-3 days not 3-5? That's what it says on both the delivery page and when I put stuff in my basket and go to the delivery options page.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

There is a post from Lh Matt about this, I will try to remember the thread it was in and find it

Here you go http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/392074-new-royal-mail-delivery-plans/page-4/#p582992

I suppose as it's free delivery and they do say 3-5 days then nothing has changed, we were just lucky before, and anything over £30 they offer the tracked service which is quicker I think? Not trying to be controversial, just offering my viewpoint.

The postage is still advertised as 2-3 days on the main delivery information page http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/delivery/.

I can't say I'm any happier to note they did at one point put a forum post up but sadly I think that's quite lacking in customer service. It's a reply to an unrelated discussion about Royal Mail and not an announcement to inform us. If you are going to change something so major (and let's face it we know not everyone reads the forums) they should have sent an email out to everyone to explain.

He also states that indications were it was more reliable, from what we've seen so far it's anything but as reliable. I can only hope they are still in the review period and can revert it back to how it was before as how it stands now it's nearly as bad as getting Yodel to deliver parcels and that's saying something!

BlueStar wrote:

I dont see a problem with the service, I've not looked but if they are offering a service of delivery between 3-5 days then you cant complain if they are delivered on the 5th day because they have kept to their service.

If you want your orders faster surely you should just order first class or next day delivery? or even order in advance, I know previously you might of had it good and got your orders before the 5 days but I'm sure since LH has been on tv and such it's customer base has grown massively!

Where I work we get customers phoning up expecting delivery faster because they have previously got an order faster but sometimes you are so rush off your feet at work orders do get sent out slower, I guess it depends on time of the year and such.

I personally love LH and it's one site I've never had a problem with, I've recently found the forums and hope to be posting a lot more here and everytime I've ever had to talk to the LH Team it's always been a very professional service.

2nd class postage is supposed to take 2-3 days which is why we're complaining when it takes longer than 5. If they can't get everything dispatched on time or know it might take longer then like I said before let us know. People don't complain when they're aware of what's going on.

I never used to have problems, so the first time something happened I didn't complain. But the second or third time? Surely that's just too many things gone wrong

20,000 points... Thats a lot of spending Miss Terry Cleavage. Have fun. I still think Lovehoney are good though!!!! Still inclined to blame the post office increases for the reason why Lovehoney goodies are taking longer to drop through our letter boxes. I find it takes 2 days or occasionally 3 days if order has been placed before 4pm. Not bad, we have been spoilt by previous free next day delivery charges in the past. Lovehoney are very good though. Where else could you return items up to a year from purchase and get a refund??