Lovehoney's marketing is way OTT

I've always liked Lovehoney for their good pricing and extensive range however I feel their latest email marketing has become insane. This month so far I have received 36 marketing emails from Lovehoney in only 29days!! Its just too much and diluting any impact they may have had. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Are you subscribed to the Deal of the Day email?

I've just had a quick look through mine and I've got 41 non-DOTD emails since the beginning of November. I personally don't mind. I did notice that a chunk of this month's are for either the Beat the Clock promo or the week-long Black Friday sale. Both of those had quite dynamic pricing, and as they sent a notification at every swop over it did clock up a fair few. But it makes sense to inform people of the changes. Maybe two of those kind of events is too many in a single month?

I still get a ton of lovehoney students emails despite the fact I graduated years ago. I'm just too lazy to deal with it.

I get absolutely NONE

None here either apart from Deal of the Day and occasional offer - one email a day? I believe you can unsubscribe or take 'time out'. Although I'd like more, and have asked - to no avail, sob! I don't know what their strategy is, but they should certainly be paying Ian Chimp for his services :-)

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

I get absolutely NONE

You have to select to get them via your account, there is also an option to stop recieving emails.

I like to get them as I have been offered discounts making purchases slightly cheaper.

You can always unsubscribe, not a big deal.

I think the issue with opting out/taking a break is that it's an all or nothing scenario. I think the OP wants fewer emails, not none at all. I've seen a few websites that offer a 'frequency' choice when you try and opt out, which (theoretically) allows you to thin them out a bit without stopping them completely. No idea if that would work for Lovehoney though, but it's certainly something they could consider. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I think the issue with opting out/taking a break is that it's an all or nothing scenario. I think the OP wants fewer emails, not none at all. I've seen a few websites that offer a 'frequency' choice when you try and opt out, which (theoretically) allows you to thin them out a bit without stopping them completely. No idea if that would work for Lovehoney though, but it's certainly something they could consider. 🙂

Exactly this, I have now unsubscribed because it was getting rediculous however I'd have been quite happy to have just one or two a month; one or two a day... bit much.

I know it's Christmas / Black Friday etc too however sometimes less is more.