Lubes in the bath?

The other day things were getting nice and intimate in the bath, but despite all the soapy water we found it was actually not all that comfortable to stimulate each other. Obviously lube is the answer, but I'm pretty sure the water based lubes we have (Durex and the Tracey Cox lube) will wash off more or less instantly. Would a silicone lube work in the bath (or shower for that matter)?

If silicone is worth a go is there any brand to look out for, they all seem quite pricey.

Any advice from aquatic experts out there? What do people use with waterproof toys for example?

And another follow up question, if silicone lubes work in water, then how do you actually remove it/clean up? Would it stain sheets for example?

I'd be interested to find out too-

It's be wonderful to share a hot, steamy bath with my OH- but we've tried before, and it's all very drying, uncomfortable......

Silicone lube is waterproof, but it's a bitch to get rid of. It can stain sheets, yep.

It's expensive but you don't use it in the same volumes as water based lube. You just need enough to give wherever you wanna lube a light sheen - it doesn't dry out/get absorbed so a light coat is all you need.

I've used Wet Platinum and currently Pjur original. One bottle lasts a long time!

I'd second that on the Maximus Anal lube, we've used that in the bath.

Great, thanks all! I'll get some ID and try it out (and try not to get it on the sheets!).

Just to add a cautionary note, even if you've got the most fantastic water-defying lube available, if soap or shower gel gets in the wrong place it still stings like a ba***rd... so I'm told, anyway. Stick with just water if possible.

Hella, may I also suggest 'Steam' by Peter Gabriel for shower-based shenanigans...?

Another note of caution - silicone lube and tiles/bathtubs can lead to very slippery surfaces, so be extra careful when exiting the scene.

Sam27 wrote:

I'd second that on the Maximus Anal lube, we've used that in the bath.

This is what I use when getting up to mischeif in the bath!

MrsPx

Yup, that ID Silicone lube certainly works. Thanks for the tips, bathtime will never be the same again ;-) Excellent fun, to say the least.

And yes, I can see how it would be lethal spilt on the floor!

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Another note of caution - silicone lube and tiles/bathtubs can lead to very slippery surfaces, so be extra careful when exiting the scene.

Oh yeah! That'd be deadly! Especially when you went to grab something solid (not that!) and your hands were just as slippery too!