Lubricant Feedback .....

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Hey all

Friday feedback time :)

I was wondering if you may like to input some feedback about lubricants ....

Do you have a preferred bottle sizing ?

Any bottle colours you paticularly like?

What type of dispenser do you like to use? pump , spay , squeeze bottle...

Do you like your lubes to arrive sealed ?if so shrink wrapped maybe.. or just a cap or twist to open type of thing?

Extra comments ......

Thanks for your time

100/150ml

No colours really..love the dark colours of the fifty shades of grey range though

I don't mind squeeze as I normally end up doing that even if it was a pump bottle to make sure I got it all out hehe

Twist to open would be fine

Hope that helps xx

Do you have a preferred bottle sizing ?

I tend to go for larger bottles; around 250mls.

Any bottle colours you paticularly like?

I like quite girly bottles as they tend to blend in more with my cosmetic products. Pastels like pink, green, purple or blue are particularly good.

What type of dispenser do you like to use?

This totally depends on the lube. I've had problems with pumps that are too stiff because the lube is so thick and with more liquid lubes the sqeezy bottles can be a nightmare. Honestly, as long as the pump is really easy to use, that would probably be my prefered style.

Do you like your lubes to arrive sealed ?if so shrink wrapped maybe.. or just a cap or twist to open type of thing?

I do like them sealed. I really dislike twist caps as they are such a fiddly business!

Extra comments ......

For me the biggest thing is that they are totally hidden on my dresser with my other products. I don't like flashy labels or images that would give it away to my friends and family. I won't even leave out the 50 shades lube because I'm sure people would guess what it is straight away!

I absolutely despise squeeze bottles. The bane of my existence.

Transparent bottles are lovely to see what's inside. Pumps are preferable to sprays I feel. But it's nice to have a bottle that lets me see how much I have left. I've noticed a lot of LH own brand products come in white bottles that make it quite hard to tell.

50, 150 and 250ml are pretty ideal sizes for a tester, a regular use, and a jumbo pack for those of us who like to use something again and again.

You know how I'd like my lube bottles to arrive? Like ketchup or toothpaste. Not sealed heavily, but you just screw off the lid or cap or whatever and take that little pull tab off the mouth of the bottle and then screw the lid back on and use it whenever. I find there's a lot of fiddly packaging on lubes. The blister packs they use on liquid silk and maximus are the bane of my existence.

Do you have a preferred bottle sizing ? Most of my lubes are around 100ml. I like when compagnies offer two sizes, a smaller one if you want to try it and a bigger one that you buy when you are sure that you want a big quantity of it.

Any bottle colours you paticularly like? I don't have any colour preference but I like when bottles look simple and luxurious. Some designs make the product look cheap and it can prevent me from buying it.

What type of dispenser do you like to use? pump , spay , squeeze bottle... Pumps, pumps and pumps all the way. It's easy to dispense and doesn't get all the bottle greasy after use. It's also one of the only dispenser type that I do not fear is gonna leak when there is a cap over the pump.

Do you like your lubes to arrive sealed ? if so shrink wrapped maybe.. or just a cap or twist to open type of thing? I like when my lube is sealed. In fact I received a FSOG one recently and havn't even used it yet because it wasn't sealed in any way and that made me anxious. I don't care if it's sealed, or wraped or anything as long as something assures me that the lube hadn't been open or used before.

Extra comments ..... A lot of people like when the bottle is clear so they can see how much of the lube is remaining but it does nothing for me. I don't really care if I can see through or not. In fact I think opaque bottles are prettier.

Hi, bottle size between 150-250ml, as others have said clear bottle to see how much is left and to check it looks OK is usefuly, or a pretty bottle with just a slim strip down a side where you can see how much liquid is left. We prefer pump action as with squeeze bottles you can quite easily get too much accidentally. It doesn't necessarily need to be shrink-wrapped for us, just something to show it hasn't been tampered with.

I forgot to say that for me the shape of the bottle is also important. I like the bottles to be shorter and wider in order to be able to store them in a drawer.

Lottie.... wrote:

Hi, bottle size between 150-250ml, as others have said clear bottle to see how much is left and to check it looks OK is usefuly, or a pretty bottle with just a slim strip down a side where you can see how much liquid is left. We prefer pump action as with squeeze bottles you can quite easily get too much accidentally. It doesn't necessarily need to be shrink-wrapped for us, just something to show it hasn't been tampered with.

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) This exactly ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I like the sliquid bottle but would prefer it if they were a bit slimmer as they're hard to fit in toy cases. I like packaging to be tasteful and discreet and I'm not that keen on the bright pink sassy label. I wouldn't like it to be shrink wrapped as I think it's wasteful. A little foil covering over the top so you know it hasn't been tampered with is sufficient.

I like 150ml to 200ml size.

Much prefer a pump bottle and see through so I can see how much is in there.

I do prefer them sealed for peace of mind.

Personally, I prefer pump bottles as I find it's easier to apply lube directly to where it's wanted- with squeeze bottles, I have to apply it to my fingers first, then I invariably get it everywhere. Transparent bottles (or partially transparent, with a label that doesn't go all the way around the bottle, like with Sliquid lubes) are really helpful for seeing how much lube is left, like other people have said, and I think 100ml bottles are probably the most useful to me, but I prefer it when a range has a few different sizes (i.e. 50ml or little sample sachets- which I'd love to see more of- 100ml, and 250ml.) I like lubes to have some small seal around the top (a little cap or shrink wrapping around the nozzle on pump lubes) so I can be sure they weren't already opened/leaked during transit. I don't have a particular favourite colour for lube (whatever matches the flavour/scent/purpose of a particular lube, really- red for strawberry etc) but block colours/non-explicit photos are far preferable to pictures of people in their underwear all over the packaging... just comes off as a bit tacky.

Hi Leanne,

Personally I love a 100ml bottle, small enough to take away.

I like a clear bottle, so that I can see how much is left, and when I need to order more.

I much prefer lubes to be sealed, sometimes they leak a bit in transit.

I like the flip top type, as I find a pump can be slippery if you need more.

Always water based, and a nice small is good, flavour a bonus.

I hope this helps.

Thank you all for posting this feedback it is all very helpful indeed ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Do you have a preferred bottle sizing ? 150-250ml

Any bottle colours you paticularly like? Clear to see how much is left

What type of dispenser do you like to use? I like pump dispensers but I find lubes can go off or leak so if it's a pump bottle, I'd prefer a smaller bottle. Squeeze bottles might not be as practical in the heat of the moment but they are easier to store and I think the lubes stay fresher longer.

Do you like your lubes to arrive sealed ?if so shrink wrapped maybe.. or just a cap or twist to open type of thing? I like the lid on squeeze bottles to be sealed so I can be sure it hasn't been opened. Pump bottles can just be twist to open.

I prefer smaller bottles, about 100ml sounds just fine to me.

I don't particularly mind any bottle colour. I definitely like them to be inconspicuous, though. The more they remind me of a "standard" and "innocent" beauty/hygiene product, the better.

I like flip top bottles/squeeze bottles but I don't mind pump ones, either.

And yes, I certainly prefer sealed bottles, they seem to "tell me" they have not been used. Plus there does not tend to be any build-up of stale gunk around the dispenser.

100ml is a handy size. I prefer a pump as squeezy ones can dispense to much but top of my list is a WATER BASED anal relaxant one as I'm struggling to find one. Most relaxant ones seem to be silicone based which is not good for our silicone anal toys.