Making love for a baby

So we've decided to go for a baby again soon and very excited about it! Any tips for getting pregnant ASAP - positions, timing etc - would be very much appreciated. X

Wow , that is a loaded question . I am almost as old as dirt , and over the years I have noticed the most likely way to get pregnant is to try not to . I have observed people that "tried too hard" , special diets and mapping out her ovulation along with him wearing boxers and him not masterbating for days before the try . Many had tried for some time and spent a lot of money on fertility clinics and in the end were told they could not . So they adopted and she became pregnant within a matter of months . I think that thinking too much can put stress on the body to do exactly the opposite . Do the common sense stuff with diet and cut back on alcohol and any kind of drug ( with exception of needed perscriptions) . Do not forget to enjoy sex and not make it like a science experiment ! Practice , practice practice ! Happy fertile humping !

I would agree with "Oldman" as added pressure in such a situation will just have the opposite effect. I believe one on the only prerequisites is the use of folic acid for a woman, to assist with ensuring the pregnancy is healthy. Visit the NHS choices website too for up to date pertinent info as well. Good luck.

I was asked to help give a couple a baby as he was shooting blanks and they wanted a baby and he let me fuck his wife in front of him and without him till she got pregnant it took 2 month's to get her pregnant we did every position possible and did it in random places and loads of public areas nearly got caught twice but it was fun plus I was helping them out

My friend at work swears by the spooning position. She has three kids and said they tried for her first for seven months without success then her husband said a friend had told him to try the spooning position as it worked for him. They did and she got pregnant. The second was conceived they believe by the same position. The third she told me was a drunken mistake and guess which position they used. 😂 It may be worth trying you never know it may work!!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. The spooning idea is certainly worth trying - it's a lovely position anyway. I also agree with not getting obsessed about getting pregnant and just enjoy making love anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. The spooning idea is certainly worth trying - it's a lovely position anyway. I also agree with not getting obsessed about getting pregnant and just enjoy making love anyway.

My OH was talking to a friend of hers who's also just started trying for a baby and she said that she lies with her bottom propped up on a couple of pillows for a while after sex so that all the semen stays inside her and gravity helps the sperm go in the right direction. Any views on how useful this might be?

Yeah, this would work, as it allows naturally for sperm to pool round the cervix. Any position which allows you to get deep into her and cum as close to her cervix as possible, will increase your chances too.

I did the whole legs in the air after and we caught pretty quickly. Im also sure that I read that female orgasm kind of sucks the semen up and aids pregnancy. So my advice would be to make sure she cums 🤗

Thanks. I usually go in as deep as I can to cum anyway and sometimes (but mostly not) she'll cum from feeling me do that. And we'll try the legs in the air trick as well ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Timing wise the NHS point is a good one. There are a few days where it's the most likely. We found the right timing combined with her waiting before cleaning up was a near instant success!

FunnyMonkey wrote:

Timing wise the NHS point is a good one. There are a few days where it's the most likely. We found the right timing combined with her waiting before cleaning up was a near instant success!

What's the 'NHS point' - have a missed a posting?

I think it was when I suggested e NHS choices site 👍

We have 3 and conceived quicker each time - it was almost like our bodies learned how to do it (I mean conceive, not have sex!).

The best thing is knowing when you are most fertile - some women can tell when they ovulate very easily and others might need to learn, either through spotting the changes in vaginal fluids, energy levels etc or taking temperature. If periods are regular, it's 2 weeks before day one.

That fertile window lasts about 4 days but there is no need to put yourselves under any pressure to be banging away every hour - both sperm and ovum are good for a few days. 2-3 times in that time span, or every other day, works just as well.

It doesn't always happen quickly, as I'm sure you know. And age doesn't always have much to do with it. Sometimes fertilised eggs don't embed and just pass through as a period, so you don't know if anything has happened until a period is late - although lots of pregnancy tests will show positive earlier than that (you can buy packs of testing strips - also ovulation tests - on ebay much more cheaply than spending a tenner just on one in Boots).

I think it takes 7-10 days for a fertilised egg to imbed, so when you do find out you are pregnant don't panic if you have had wine / sushi / soft cheese etc because all those rules only kick in once the baby is accessing the mother's bloodstream via the placenta.

I'm not sure positions etc make much difference - the vaginal fluids at the time of ovualtion are designed to stop all but the strongest and fittest little fellas through - so male health is important too. Eat well etc. Both of you could try cutting down on work or any other kind of stress. Folic acid supplements for hopeful mums.

Good luck and happy trying!

Thanks MsR ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Gosh. This question got me thinking. As a mum of 4 I can only say both keep healthy and don't try too hard. Just have fun and don't take it seriously and I'm sure it will happen. My first I was on the pill. 2nd Winters evening fun on a rug in front of the fire. 3rd sexy spooning early in the morning. 4th a quickly in a little room at a wedding lol. Good luck. Xxx

It was the NHS site, I'll try to link but it might not work: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/getting-pregnant/?tabname=getting-pregnant

We found when we were trying that it just didn’t work for us, reading into it a lot of people say the stress of trying to make it happen can hinder your chances. Anyhow after about 6 months we were just about to move house so we decided to let go of “trying” for a bit until we were settled in, we were still having sex just not putting pressure on ourselves about it. Needless to say during the exchanging of contracts we found out we were successful and we moved in about 12 weeks pregnant. We decided if we have another we’ll do the same and just carry on as normal. I wish you luck! Being a parent has been the most amazing part of my life, and I wouldn’t change a thing! 👍