Masturbating dildos, anyone explain?

Hey all!
Just reading some of the reviews on certain dildos on LH, and something just made me curious. Several dildos (mainly limpy packer ones) are used by FTMs, and in some of the reviews, people mentioning masturbating them, as if they were their actual penis.

I'm just curious how that...works? Is it a fantasy based thing? I mean you can't physically feel anything through the actual dildo, so is it an imagination thing?

Just interested and a bit unsure, thanks :)

I am not commenting from experience, so maybe someone else can give you much better advice than me, but I believe it is a fantasy thing yes....or a mental thing. Stroking and playing with the toy and imagining it is part of them. I remember reading somewhere from someone that they were actually able to reach orgasm from playing with their packer toy and just imagining the feelings. They did not touch their own body. I have also read of women who could reach orgasm through pegging their male partners (using a strap on on them) again there is little or no contact to their own genitals and if something is a deep fantasy for someone, being able to fulfill that fantasy, or urge can be extremely arousing. The power of the mind is strong!

Thought I'd chime in with my own experiences. I'm a cisgender woman, ie. no penis. Never owned a packer (curious though...) but have recently starting using strap ons with my partner when she transitioned from male to female and wanted to experiment with being fucked.

I was totally blown away by the erotic sensations I was able to get when she rides, sucks, or even just touches my attachment. It's very visually arousing, and, since it does produce some tugging sensations that match up with what you're seeing, your brain tries to fill in the gaps...

This is great for me, since I don't like having any of my sexual areas touched directly. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go if you're curious!

i have a limpy packer, its psychological, other than feeling the penis in your hand, which is cool its about seeing it for me espeecially if someone else is wanking you