Melting Toys

We store our toys in a drawer under the bed. We have underfloor heating so whilst it can get warm I would never have thought hot enough to melt toys, which has happened to a few dildos over the years. The latest one to show this melting is the one shown in my avatar which is the Doc Johnson vac u loc dildo. The head end has slightly melted. The toys can and do touch in the drawer so could there be some chemical reaction taking place between various toys?

PokingFun wrote:

Toys should always be stored in separate containers or bags. I have the Lovehoney satin bags but even something as simple as a sandwich bag will suffice.

What you are experiencing is the chemicals in the materials of different toys reacting to each other.

So, re-evaluate your Drawers and have a good old sort out. That's my advice.

+1

i think its time to invest in some drawstring toy babe to prevent this happening.

All my toys have their own bag and I have never had a problem.

I don't think it's the heat melting them I think they're reacting to each other - they need to be stored separately in future!

Fun Louise wrote:

PokingFun wrote:

Toys should always be stored in separate containers or bags. I have the Lovehoney satin bags but even something as simple as a sandwich bag will suffice.

What you are experiencing is the chemicals in the materials of different toys reacting to each other.

So, re-evaluate your Drawers and have a good old sort out. That's my advice.

+1

i think its time to invest in some drawstring toy babe to prevent this happening.

All my toys have their own bag and I have never had a problem.

+2 - All my toys are stored separately too xx

Thanks folks

Thanks folks

I didn't know that they can react to each other! Useful advice...thanks 😊

maybe buy different mateirals as i know the doc johnson vac u lock is TPE trey silicone, wooden, glass,metal these wont melt and will last a lifetime :)

it's mostly the rubber toys that melt or toys that aren't made of pure sillicone! it's the jelly rubber ones that are the most prone to melting xx

100% reacting with each other. We also didn't know this until we noticed our toys was turning a "bruised " colour and melting. You live and learn I suppose 🙈Xx

I had this a while back and was very distraught!!

Now everytme the storage bags on here come on Deal of the Day I buy 10 so there's always spares - they are a real 'toy-saver'!

Is it heresy to say that I wrap my toys in kitchen paper towels? (I thought about storage bags, but felt I would have to wash them regularly and frankly, I'm too lazy...)

We've had this, was devastated! Nothing to do with heat, just a chemical reaction. Our toys get wrapped in their own face flannel which keep them all separate and are easy to throw in the washer when they need a clean.

This can happen because the materials react badly to each other. Try to store everything separately - a cheap and cheerful way is to use socks! The transparent lunchbox boxes are very good for this too though so you can see what you're hunting for.

Note to self : Sort toy box out!!