memory foam mattresses

Hey OAs!

Does anybody know where I could get a memory foam mattress? Also what price can I expect?

You can get them in lots of places now, I got mine from Carpetright as my brother works for them. best nights sleep I ever had now. So comfy. Dreams, Argos even homebase do them, Mine was about £600 I think, you can get cheaper and you can get a whole lot more expensive, but makesure you lay on it a few times in the shop.

jass wrote:

You can get them in lots of places now, I got mine from Carpetright as my brother works for them. best nights sleep I ever had now. So comfy. Dreams, Argos even homebase do them, Mine was about £600 I think, you can get cheaper and you can get a whole lot more expensive, but makesure you lay on it a few times in the shop.

Wow.....I didn't realise so many people did them now. Thanks!

one thing to note is that they can feel a bit hot when you first sleep on them, I thought I was having hot flushes to begin with but it appears thats normal because the make up of them is so different. I love it now though

Oh yes - very hot! Ours is close to the ceiling so it traps all the warmth in - will be better when we have more air around the bed in a room with a bed on the floor! Great in the winter though :)

Adx

jass wrote:

one thing to note is that they can feel a bit hot when you first sleep on them, I thought I was having hot flushes to begin with but it appears thats normal because the make up of them is so different. I love it now though

Good to know! Also pretty good because I tend to get cold at night.

foam mattress toppers....I might have to get one of them while I save up the money for a whole mattress, so I'll let you know what they are like.

I got a memmory foam topper last year for uni - it's great!

My housemate got generic brand a thicker one than me, but I went for a thinner but more expensive branded one. His was better than mine, so don't pay too much attention to brand names.

Ahhh they're so good, can't wait to move out so I'll have a double again and can use my topper.

I think this thread was going to be about their effects on sex... With a thick mattress expect it to absorb quite a lot of your thrusts, making sex even more of a workout - maybe that's why people sleep so much better with them!

*giggles*

The effect on sex is good to know!

lol well there's less bounce and wobble with them. I think sex is much better, you stay put!

We got ours from Ikea; one of the sultan memory foam mattresses. Really nice, highly recommend it! Wild guess because I can't quite remember, I think we paid about £300. Then I have a Dunlopillo pillow to accompany the mattress.

It's also important to get an idea of what firmness you want - too soft and you get stuck in a hole and that means you're waking up every hour to readjust into a more comfortable position and you're not sleeping very well!

Too firm and you end up bruised!

Adx

SnL wrote:

We got ours from Ikea; one of the sultan memory foam mattresses. Really nice, highly recommend it! Wild guess because I can't quite remember, I think we paid about £300. Then I have a Dunlopillo pillow to accompany the mattress.

The only problem with Ikea is - don't you have to buy only their sheet sets because nothing else fits?

we went for a combo with a matress with tons of springs but a good deep layer of memory foam as well. feels like your suspended in air the first few times we slept in it.

It is still my favourite place to be in the whole world!

That's right although I think they've started making english sized beds too now :)

Adx

Has anyone seen these? http://www.tempur.co.uk/mattresses-1/the-original-mattress-25-by-tempur.html

Developed by Nasa, would you believe. We tried one when we were mattress shopping (not that it was anywhere near our budget!) and it was the weirdest experience.

We went for something similar to Big Poppa.

SS xx

Tempur memory foam is bizarre - makes my teeth go all funny when you squish it.

Adx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Viceroybedding-Mattress-Removeable-Washable-Anti-Bacterial/dp/B00280QVM6/ref=pd_sim_kh_3

I got these for the kids who are 18 girl and 13 boy. Daughters boyfriend basically lives and sleeps at my house and they love them! Cheap too!
SG

Yep AA. Had them for over a year now and still as good as new mate! Can't complain. You'll always get some negative reviews of course on Amazon. But I gave a good one! ;) SG x

kunoichi wrote:

SnL wrote:

The only problem with Ikea is - don't you have to buy only their sheet sets because nothing else fits?

I do not have any Ikea sheets (so I can't vouch for quality, fit etc) and I usually use a flat sheet instead of a fitted sheet. When I have tried a fitted sheet on the mattress, I've discovered it's a very tight fit. Personally, I prefer a flat sheet so it wasn't a problem for me. And luckily, the mattress did fit my bed too.