Menopause & sex life

My OH is going through the menopause and our sex life has go down the drain.
She isn’t interested maybe 8 times out of 10 and we have sex maybe once a month if I’m lucky. Even to get a handjob doesn’t happened that often.

Is this the norm? Has anyone sex life got better?

1 Like

Mine was like that too. She went and doctor checked hormones were off. She had a patch and some cream she uses. Been a lot better sense then.

1 Like

Our sex life really took a nose dive until my OH went to the doctors (Which she put off for over a year). Literally within 2 months of getting and using her cream things began to change for the better.

We are now over a year later and having some of the best and most regular sex we have ever had. Her confidence has also increased and she is much more open to trying new things.

During menopause the fall off in sex is hard for us to deal with but we need to remember our partners are going through a really really difficult time and all we can do is be there and support them.

3 Likes

hormone replacement therapy - this is the way.

If you have neglected your helmet then you are a mandalorian no more.

I feel for you, I’m going through the same with my wife it’s been 10 months since we last had sex! Even as simple as a kiss or cuddle has been hard for her. All we can is support them the best we can.

Menopause is different for every woman but in many cases on the flip side they can get some urges back and some even say they’ve got more hornier!
There are of course hormone replacement things she can look into if interested what help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My wife has been menopausal for a year and it’s a big change - but there is so much more than vaginal play - try other things - offer oral, anal or just touching

There is treatment out there and things improve but take time to listen to her and be there for her

As time goes on it improves

1 Like

Oh isn’t into toys or anal. She just doesn’t get sexual

Shame - just hope things improve :heart:

Exactly! It’s a great sign that the urges are still there in most but you just have to try all that more harder to get creative in stimulating them again

1 Like

Hopefully one day things will improve