Menstrual cups?

So I currently use tampons but I find the 2nd day in to my time. Of the month its hurts to remove them! So I'm considering using menstrual cups my only fear with these is leaking? Pros and cons as we as everyone's experiences would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I don't know much about these personally, but I remember this thread had lots of info in (though it's quite old): 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1355721-mooncup/

1 Like

Ian Chimp wrote:

I don't know much about these personally, but I remember this thread had lots of info in (though it's quite old): 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1355721-mooncup/

Thanks Mr chimp! That was rather helpful! Still rather mixed feeling about them..

I use a moon cup, switched from tampons about 3/4 months ago. They take a little getting used too but personally it has been worth sticking with. Had a few leaks when I first started using it, but once I got the hang of them for me they don't leak, where as I do leak with a tampon. I find them more comfortable and I also think I cramp less. Lots of things to think about with them, I think you have to be comfortable with your body. But for me it's been worth the change.

I use a cup, have done for over a year now. I generally wear a pad or period pants just in case it leaks. I generally have to empty twice a day on days 2 and 3, day 1 4 and 5 is morning and bedtime Once u have got used to how to insert it, it’s super easy.

Thanks! Think I might give it ago 😊

Why don’t you start using pads?

My wife has used a diva cup and reusable cloth pads for over 15 years. The pads are a necessary supplement during heavy flow days, but they don’t get like sopped or anything.

I’ve used a cup and had no issues with leakage just learning to take it out I found tricky. I recently began using menstrual undies which have recently become a big thing in Australian shops and I love them. No problem with leakage either. My flow isn’t too heavy though admittedly. I suggest giving either or both a try. They’re cheaper in the long run and better for the environment.

I’ve never used menstrual cups, but I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. I’ve read a lot of articles where girls share their experiences. In my opinion, the main difficulty when using a menstrual cup is choosing the correct size. It is impossible to determine the exact size of the vagina, so you must order several sizes. According to most girls, menstrual cups are reliable enough, but some use daily pads to protect themselves. I buy pads from McDaid Pharmacy. Be sure to share your experience in the future.