Middle age blues

Do something about it dude!

The legs you see are a lot closer to sixty than fifty. I love looking at them because I care about myself.,

A lot of guys go bald in their 20s so if you had hair until 'middle age' then you are a lucky man.

I'm with 'Don’t it’s not all about Getting' on this , though apologies if I sound a little more brutal.

Be Positive. Lose some weight – yeah, it's easy for skinny people to say that but we are slim for a reason. Walking is a good start but joining a gym can be a disaster of disappointment. I walk every lunch time for maybe 45 mins and 40 sit ups several mornings a week but that’s all the exercise I do. Walk with your partner. Build up steadily, and as you do, your sex drive and performance will improve. Until recently I dated a lady 20yrs younger than me and usually she was the one exhausted at the end. Somehow, last week I ended up with a woman less than half my age, startled by my six pack. This isn’t meant to be a brag, just an illustration of how it can be with the right mind set.

I do a sedentary job, sitting at a desk 37.5 hours per week

I am NOT a fitness freak.

I am not a DIET freak – I eat loads! I am just careful what I eat and cook almost everything for myself – time consuming yes but keeps me on my feet and off the sofa for an extra couple of hours

And don’t be down on women in the 60/70s – many still look just as good as they did in their 20s, sometimes better. I saw former 70s model Rene Russo, the type of woman you reference, in a film on the tele the other day when she was statistically ‘well into middle age’ she looked amazing. She is now in her late 60s and still looks fab

Embrace middle to late middle age – it is what you make it and can be so much better than the trails and tribulations of ‘being young’. Look forward not back. Next time, make the face in the mirror “promise to make the most of being a little more mature. Enjoy and embrace life”

So Ian Chimp is right that there is a responsibility upon the purchaser to look after an item in accordance with the care instructions provided, but sadly that doesn't stop people making spurious civil claims or indeed you being found legally liable.

The way to deal with this is to have public liability insurance, in the event that you were subject to any form of claim against you the insurer would handle it on your behalf and if you were found to be liable would pay the damages for you. (subject to policy conditions... Can you tell what my former career was!)

Public liability insurance for a small business isn't actually that expensive, but I appreciate that it may be more than you are willing to speculate.

... and like Oldman, I have a motorcycle which I rock up to work on, everyday. I can really recommend it for keeping both mind and body active. Mind because I have to make so many more decisions so much more quickly than on your average car journey. Body because I am constantly moving around on the seat to get my weight and balance correct to throw the thing into the next bend.

Additionally the 'cool points' I bank from the young people I work with never do any harm and there's also the thrill of being orders of magnitude faster out than the flashy 20 year old in his shiny hatchback. Not even the need to prove it, just the knowledge that I am.

![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Thanks Alicia, you’re welcome, very kind.