military

My husband is in the Army x

Ex Air Force here.Left many years ago.I was still in when we got married and its a unique lifestyle.

My OH was in the TA and he loved it....I used to look forward to him coming home especially after the two weeks away every year..I loved seeing him in uniform. Those thighs....😄

The whole thing was a positive for me as it made me more confident and independent.... he felt he was giving something back and enjoyed the camaraderie.

The only negative was the first night he was away.....I always had a cry...

sassykitten;) wrote:

Agreed uniforms are sexy, how did you cope? If you dont mind me asking x

In the terms of coping, at first is was very difficult adjusting to the life style. Getting used to him being away and dealing with everything on your own. The biggest thing for me is being away from family and friends from home. I miscarried year and went through the majority of it alone as he was away. The same with my last pregnancy - he was here for one appointment through the whole 9 months and went away when my little one was weeks old for 4 months. Things like that are very hard. On the flip side there are many perks! Once you settle it is an interesting lifestyle, you meet new friends, neighbours become best friends and you're forever surrounded by people going through deployments and courses. Everyone supports each other and the communities are fab. They put on so much for children and families which again is a great opportunity to meet new people. Depending on roles/regiments depends on time away. My husband is away so much more than his brother but they are in different regiments. I always find the run up to him going away the hardest and the first few days. You get into a routine whilst they are away and then when they come back they mess it all up lol. I have my little one to keep me occupied now but before he came along it did get quite lonely at times. I live the best part of 5/6 hours away from 'home' but have family and friends who visit often which is a massive help! If you want to know anything feel free to ask :) x

I was in the US NAVY for 12 years and I had good times and bad times. I was married while I was in the Navy. Mostly good times.

After being out at sea for two weeks, and come back to tie to the pier, it was nice to see my wife on the pier ( ex- wife now ). But our sex life was fantastic, after the 2 weeks were up.

^^^ oh yes, the sex is fantastic on return