Missing someone you havnt met?!

Its a strange feeling missing someone you dont physically know, You dont quite know what to think of? (at least in my case)

I have no REAL friends that i see often, i have 1 best friend but shes always busy working so i never see her. All of my friends i know online.

So when ive had a shit day and i wana talk to someone, all i can think of is their Display picture and their screen name. Its weird.

Im so close with people on here, as many of you know im in a relatonship with Kinky_Emo who hasnt been about lately. We do plan on meeting up soon but their are complications like my anxiety n stuff getting in the way. The problem is, when shes not been on for a while and i start to miss her, i dont know what to miss. You usually miss things that your sences pick up on like smell, or taste or touch, but when its someone online all i can think of it a blinking curser :( which just makes me even more sad :(.

I just needed to get this off my chest really, I usualy put stuff like this on my blog, cause 1: i know nobody reads it, and 2: cause writting it out can help to clear your mind and express what you really feel. The problem is my blog was recently hi-jacked by some hateful people and its put me off posting my sad thoughts on their :(

Anyway, if youve manged to read all this and not feel depressed, well done! your doing better than me right now :(

I sort of understand. I've not had an online romantic entanglement but I have quite a few online friends and some of them I'm very close to, more so than I am with anyone IRL. I miss those people if they aren't online for a while. A few of them I have even met up with but as we live far apart we don't get to hang out very often.

Please be careful with your online relationship WeeSteve and try not to rush into anything too fast. I've known people involved in online romances and it has sometimes gone well, sometimes no. I'll say no more on that because it's not really my business, I just hope it works out for you . :-)

I know that feeling. Few years ago I met a girl online and we became close friends. We used to talk about everything, share pictures, share problems, have fun and everything. I felt pretty bad when she was too busy and not around.

aww sorry you down atm

i can kinda relate i met my oh of now 6 years on a chat thing an we didnt meet for a year we talked on the phone texted almost all the time but on the rare occasion he was busy or i was an we couldnt id miss him an id find my self remembering things he said to me even after we met i used to as we were in a LDR for another year

i guess it normal cuz although you havnt met they still become part of your life

I met my partner online, and I always liked the above song - "I miss you, but I haven't met you yet".

yep missing someone all ready she knows who she is

for safty we had to keep it to online

but i blew it with a tantrum

my fault wha a fool xxxxlmd

yep missing someone all ready she knows who she is

for safty we had to keep it to online

but i blew it with a tantrum

my fault what a fool xxxxlmd

aww hun hugs xx

-huggles-

i get like that, i dont have any real friends in rl and all my friends are online

It shouldn't matter how you've met someone and whether you physically know them or not - people are different, some people think it's impossible to love someone you haven't 'actually' met, others can't live without the people they met online. There are a lot of people I met on here who I'm better friends with than the people in 'real' life. (Internet is a real life too )

I know you've been upset lately because KE hasn't been about and I don't know why she hasn't but I'm sure she's just busy with work and stuff and you will hear from her soon. Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heey steve, i completely understand that feeling although in my case i feel it a bit differently.

Ive never met my dad, yet i miss him in the same way i miss my mum, who i dont see often as she lives 50 miles away, doesnt drive and doesnt have the money for the train and neither do we. xx

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

Heey steve, i completely understand that feeling although in my case i feel it a bit differently.

Ive never met my dad, yet i miss him in the same way i miss my mum, who i dont see often as she lives 50 miles away, doesnt drive and doesnt have the money for the train and neither do we. xx

My wifes Dad died when she was two, its an emptiness that is always there....huggs hun

gunther wrote:

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

My wifes Dad died when she was two, its an emptiness that is always there....huggs hun

thank you gunther xx

yes its funny how you miss someone you dont know and then they come on line and your mood is lifted

but the thing is really a lot of these people, just because you haven't met, are REAL friends. The stigma attached to meeting people online has reduced a lot in recent times because its how most people communicate these days and you can build very strong friendships. I have at least 10 people I could count from here who I would call very close friends who I know more about me than anyone in my real life but we've yet to meet. I've met two, dotdashdot and goodgirl93 and the transition from online to real life was..well..a little bit nervous but the same time amazing because I knew these two so well and it was great to finally meet them having known so much, on both occasions (well, more in ddd's case now), it was so great so I really hope you get to meet KE soon steve, it'll be worth it. On a related note, I should do a roadtrip and meet lots of people I haven't met yet!

I miss people I talk to here on daily and when you dont chat for days I miss them x

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

gunther wrote:

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

thank you gunther xx

I really do understand how you feel, ive lived with it for 30 yrs, the real tragedy is her dad was a gentleman loved Opera but had his lungs burned out in submarines during the war, my father was a violent wife beating waste of space....no justice

I met my partner online. We chatted practically every day for three months before deciding to meet in real life. I started missing him pretty much from our first conversation, we had an instant connection. It feels weird to miss somebody when your only memories of them are words on a screen, but soon we started talking on Skype and I was able to miss his voice instead and the sound of his laugh.

I don't have any real friends either so I have a lot of free time to miss him lol

I dont think I have ever really missed anyone whom I have met online, despite having long conversations with some of them.

Im sure everyone would agree, there are things you can discuss with online friends that you cannot discuss with your real life friends or family even. There is no embarrassment for a start especially chatting to like minded people on this site which can really help when you need someone to confide in.

However, my true friend is my husband, my sisters and my daughter. These are the people who I confide in and whom I know care for me and will be there at the drop of a hat. As much as I have online friends who know a little bit about me, in some cases quite a lot they cannot replace my real friends I have in my life because I do not think you can have have a proper conversation and really gauge their emotion just by chatting online and you cannot have as much fun and interaction in my opinion.

I agree that for some, the online social network is their real life and they do have `real friends'. I cant say I have ever met anyone online (besides my husband) whom I have stayed in contact with for many years and whom I could say is a true friend. Perhaps that comes down to trust. I trust people whom I can see and chat to physically and whom I can gauge their reactions to others in a social environment, you cannot get that from a 1-2-1 convo with a person.