Motivation and Positivity 😃

Please use this thread to Uplift, Encourage & Motivate others within our LH community!

Let’s all share Inspiration, Achievements & Positivity to help each other out and brighten even the darkest days.

personally, I am about to embark on a fitness journey therefore I will be posting up motivational quotes that are helping me along the way. Hopefully, these may well have a positive effect on somebody else’s life too - that would make me extremely happy :smiley:

So if you have any goals that you are working towards, successes you want to share or ideas for others then post away…

My first quote can literally be applied to anything or anyone in life - it always inspires me to do better.

winners never quit and quitters never win!

12 Likes

Theres so much i want to do but i struggle alot with motivation etc.
I like this thread idea :slight_smile:

A quote that gets me thinking is:
“You cant change anything by sitting back and looking at it”

6 Likes

‘apart from your perspective’ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Vince Lombardi had some of the best inspirational sports quotes. My favourite-

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp haha - smart arse :nerd_face:

@Asmodeus71 love it!

3 Likes

Well there goes that thought changing quote :slightly_frowning_face:

@zombifiedguy maybe it’s time for a new one :thinking:

Good idea.

It’s been difficult in many different ways for us all during all these lockdowns and keeping motivated is definitely hard. I’m lucky to have a very supportive partner who’s 100% behind everything I’m doing for myself fitness wise and don’t think I could have done it without that support.

I started my fitness journey mid-November 2019 and currently now 86lbs lighter. Ideally want another 20lbs off but will be buzzing to reach triple figures.

You’re going to have crap days where temptations and laziness get the better of you, but just make sure that it’s only 1 day (or weekend for example) and get back on it. Don’t let it slip to a week or longer else you’ll lose that drive and throw away the hard work done before that.

3 Likes

“Do or do not, there is no try”-Yoda.

3 Likes

@BeanyBop that is awesome! Great achievement so far :raised_hands:
It’s so important to make the journey slow and steady to make sure the weight stays off for good.
Totally agree with you :smiley:

One of my faves to get me ready for a workout:

sweat is just fat crying

3 Likes

@Cupc8kes great idea I think we all need motivating at this time I feel i am getting slowly depressed

2 Likes

I’ve always liked this one from Mark Twain on a similar vein:

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started”

4 Likes

If You’re Going Through Hell, Keep Going - Winston Churchill.

2 Likes

Believe you can and you are already halfway there

I believe i can fly…thud! :wink:

1 Like

You forgot your jetpack silly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Unfortunately my sense of humour is not suited to motivational quotes.

There is Joe Lycett - “life is for living. If you’re not living, you’re dead”

Also Al Murray “life is a series of endless, relentless, grinding disappointment”

However, together me and my wife have started exercising more and eating much healthier. Even dragging the off spring along just for fun.

It’s early days but hopefully we can stick to it and see improvements.

3 Likes

Try to be the rainbow in someones cloud.

:cloud::rainbow::cloud:

4 Likes

Ease is more of a problem to success than hardship. Denzel Washington.

1 Like

I could really do with some motivation and positivity, I’m feeling really down right now, I am doing a college course and working on a current assesment and struggling so bad that everytime I think about it or look at it my minds goes blank and I just want to breakdown and cry, feel like I’m just going to let everyone down :sob::sob:

1 Like