My parents have been sent my toy

So the love LH people have sent me a freebie. Very excited. Much luff to them.

My account has (had- I've bloody removed one now!) a dispatch address (set a default) and a second address. Dispatch address was my flat. Second address is where my card is regsitered and I had to add it to proceed with a chekcout a bit back. This address is the parental home. Where I havn't lived for three years.

Guess where the freebie has gone? And guess whos parents are coming over for a daughter cooked meal and bringing, I quote, an 'interesting shaped box from Bath' with them?

So- tips on how to explain away not opening an interesting box infront of said parents? Or how to explain away the contents of said box? (It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago- I wonder if I can blame it on a friend?)

Oh god, how embarrasing! Poor you, Crayola! And also, *hugs*... we missed you! :D

Can you say you let a friend use your card and there was a mix-up with the address? Then you can claim not to know what it is at all...

I'd stick with my idea, about the xmas pressies ^_^

Yay me for having a brain today, lol xx

*hugs* back. Missed you guys too.

Thats a good one. I've also had suggested that I say it's their xmas present and refuse to open it.

More ideas welcome!

My thought was the same as Morbs - Christmas Pressie - just remember you need to give them something of a similar size!!!

x

Poor you!!!

Christmas present is grand!

Another idea would be to say it's not actually yours, a friend had it sent to your address. My friend lives with her (strict) parents and doesn't want them to know how much she spends on clothes so she sometimes gets stuff sent to my flat.

xxKPxx

heh this happened to me a bit back with a prize and a freebie. i just told my folks what it was and we had a laugh about it, but obviously nto everyone can do that.

the thing about presents is a good idea. or say its some uni stuff maybe or being sent "care of" you for a mate is a good one.

BitofWOW wrote:

Oh dear I always worry something like that especially when my card was registered at my parents address. Least they havnt opened it

Not for want of... wanting lol.

i vote for the xmas gift idea :-D you just have to remeber to buy them something that would fit in the size of the box :P

Dxx

i vote for the xmas gift idea :-D you just have to remeber to buy them something that would fit in the size of the box :P

Dxx

I would go for christmas pressie idea rather than belated birthday pressie. Xmas pressie you can just take the box and hide it. Birthday present, they might wonder why you don't want to open it in front of them.

you just gotta hope they aint googled secret phrase lol

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

If people would stop mentioning 'L-H Trad-ing' on public forums then a Google search for it wouldn't come up with anything and wouldn't be a problem :D

Jake, D isnt by far the first person to type secret phrase on a public forum, i googled it, first came up on a student forum

Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

If people would stop mentioning 'L-H Trad-ing' on public forums then a Google search for it wouldn't come up with anything and wouldn't be a problem :D

ive seen people write this on the forum way before me, also it would come up as its a regersted address even if people didnt write in on forums :P

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

ive seen people write this on the forum way before me, also it would come up as its a regersted address even if people didnt write in on forums :P

Dxx

hehe yeah, sorry D - I didn't want to seem as if I was having a go at you! I really meant the people on thestudentroom and thesite forums far more than anyone on here - and even LoveHoney themselves have been guilty of using it on their site in text form instead of an image form which search engines couldn't read.

Hope you forgive me! :P x

Ok guys- kiss and make up :P

If they've looked (and I really doubt they will do- I trust my parents) then it'll be amusing. I think it's just a massager anyway, so as long as there's no sexy bumph in with the package then no harm done lol.

Ah life. I love being an adult... lol

Cheers guys. I feel better now!

My fella takes the box upstairs whilst saying "i'm a spy" sarcastically...usually diverts attention enough without making a big enough deal....he's pretty private though and his family respect that....my family on the other hand are terrible....my mum once asked a million questions about why I wouldn't let her look at the photos on my phone.....just take the hint mum!!

Ax

Ouch, but i suppose you can laugh at it in a few years