My Reviews

:lh_heart_purple: by @Ian_Chimp, 04 Dec 2019
We-Vibe Gala Rechargeable Remote and App Control Clitoral Vibrator

Don’t Mind the Gap

First off, like some of the other reviewers, I did have a bit of trouble keeping the magnetic charger connected, but I found looping the charging lead through the gap between the ears really helped keep it in place. So, if you’re getting as irritated as I was, give that a go and see if it helps. Anyhoo, on to the review proper.

The Toy:

There are already a few reviews that go into speeds and charge times so I won’t rattle them off again. However, I do like that it can be controlled by using just the 3 buttons on the toy itself if you need to, so I don’t mind repeating that. You can even increase and decrease the intensity, which is great as some app-controlled toys are only set to either ‘low’ or ‘high’ with no function to change them without the app.

We liked the idea of this toy, especially with the ears having a motor in each, though we weren’t sure about the gap-size before we got it. Turns out Mrs Chimp quite likes it. It doesn’t provide the direct double-touch that she was first expecting, but the combination of the ‘touching-but-not-quite-touching’ along with some of the lower frequencies really did it for her. Though she does move it slightly left or right as the mood takes her if she feels she needs something a little more direct. There is some give to the ears allowing you to pincer them in a smidge, but this was a bit too hard to keep up for any significant length of time. I did wrap an elastic band around them as a bit of a trial, which sort of worked but was a bit pinchy on any stray pubes, so bear that in mind if you try it for yourself.

It’s not as full-on powerful as the Tango, but still has a very impressive range of frequencies. We also found it relatively quiet as well. The lower settings have a bit of a growl to them, but Mrs Chimp thinks they’re more than worth it.

The App:

The app is where this toy really comes to life. It’s super easy to download and use, and we had no issues with connectivity at all (either local or partner). I think the stand out features are the ability to control each prong motor independently, and the function that allows you to create your own pattern as well as set a vibe ‘playlist’ (including intensity, pattern, and duration). I would definitely have a play around with this last one when you’re not in the middle of a session as I got cocky and tried to DJ on the fly and ending up getting a bit muddled (though with a bit of practice it does get easier).

The controls are really easy, a lot of it can be done by swiping in different directions, and you can jump to different patterns from the current session page, which is really fluid. I did notice that if I changed the intensity of a preset pattern during a session it would reset to its default after about 10 or so seconds. I’m still a bit confused by this, but it’s easily side-stepped by creating a custom setting.

The ability to tailor-make your own pattern and intensity is fantastic. Mrs Chimp loves a really low frequency in one prong while the other dances from medium to high and back again. The asymmetry is a massive plus point for us. And if she adds in a really good G-spot vibrator too then that’s even better.

With some app-controlled toys the main bonus is long-distance use, but I found with this app it elevated the control functions into a different league. You really do have so much more direct input into what the toy does and how long it does it for. And this is brilliant whether you’re half a world away, or simply sat with the toy in your hand. I wish I could connect all our other toys to it.

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

Pros: The ability to control both motors independently.

Cons: The awkwardness of the magnetic charger.

Bottom Line: We loved creating our own patterns, especially having a different one in each motor simultaneously.

(Missing Review: back-up copy)

Linked Reviews:
Desire Knicker App | We-Vibe Chorus

1 Like