My son wrote this

My son 8 wrote this. Found it in his school bag. Don't think he wanted to show it to us. God it made me cry.
Dear Santa it will soon be that day
So take the reindeer out from the hay.
I hope you manage to make all the gifts
And your sack isn't too heavy to lift.
Maybe I have been naughty but haven't been bad
Mum and dad tell me off I don't mean to make them sad.
So I will put a mince pie at the side of my tree
Please eat it Santa and please don't forget me.

Not asked him about it yet and don't know if it was done as a school project or anything. He still believes in Santa but is at that age where his school friends are saying Santa isn't real so think this may be the last year he still believes.
He is very emotional, far cry from his 6 year old sister. Haha, she stamps on spiders and ruins her shoes in minutes.

Ah bless him. That is a very touching letter he wrote. I like it when they still believe as everyone grow up so fast these days.

That is lovely - I agree with lubulou - children grow up way to quick these days - really nice to hear :) xx

That's emotionally beautiful for an 8 year old to write, Stuburns.

Probably be best to ask him gently about it. My husband is almost 28 yrs old and still believes Santa is real.

Awwe that's so sweet! And talented too what a nice poem.

Adorable, bless him :) gotta love how happy and excited young children are around Christmas :)

Yeah we are glad he still believes because as soon as he questions it he will certainly tell his younger sister so. We try really hard to keep the Santa thing going. The kids think when the house alarm PIR's turn red then Santa is watching them. Worked for 4 years so far that one.

Stuburns wrote:

Yeah we are glad he still believes because as soon as he questions it he will certainly tell his younger sister so. We try really hard to keep the Santa thing going. The kids think when the house alarm PIR's turn red then Santa is watching them. Worked for 4 years so far that one.

Yeah try and keep it going for as long as you can. It makes Christmas so magical. Haha I like that about the alarm. Keeps them in check.

that is sooooo cute !! so touching ...

beautiful ... yuo should be very proud :D

XX

What a wonderful poem!

Leave it to his friends to burst the bubble.

As for spider stamping - Yeah, all the gunk that squirts out of a squashed spider will ruin your shoes - What is she thinking !!

We are very proud of them. I just hope when they are teens the don't try beat the hell out of each other like me and my sis did lol

haha sturburns i think we have all done that with our sibblings i no i have ... but family is beautiful ,,

and that poem was extremly wonderful :D XX

Gonna just leave it in his bag. Wait to see if he shows us. Will give him an extra big squeeze cuddle though;)

i would say do that hun ,,, not that he may not wont to show you yet or it might even be a little poem for you both as a sort of surprise

wait and seee what he does with it xx

Aww thats so cute :) Kids being all excited makes christmas really special for the rest of us jaded souls (or maybe thats just me). Thats a clever little poem, you must be proud. Big hugs deserved :)

Stuburns wrote:

We are very proud of them. I just hope when they are teens the don't try beat the hell out of each other like me and my sis did lol

Probably better if they do! Sibling rivalry forms a very strong bond :)

The thing is with sibling rivalry was at that age I "hated" my little sister, but if anyone messed with her or hurt her they've got me to deal with.

When she was 5 she was bullied by this awful kid called Calvin. So on the playground I found out who he was went up to him with my brother, his mates and my mates and told this tiny 5 yr old kid that he dared to touch or call my kid sister names again he'd have all of us to deal with, (I was 8 and my brother was 10)...

Calvin went and told my Mum on me!

Mother told him not to worry about me, because she'd hurt him first.

Awww that is so sweet :) x

Aww that's so adorable. :')

Well what did he expect? "Hi Laura's Mum I'm beating up your other daughter and Laura told me to stop or she'd hurt me..." This obviously wasn't going to go well for him. :)

I love my little sister now its just we're very similar personalities and sharing a bedroom with her was hard, because like me she's really nosy and wouldn't leave my stuff alone, and like me she's really clumsy so my stuff was often borrowed without my permission and returned broken...

We also had a healthy competition thing going on. I'm more academic than my kid sister and she felt pressure to match my grades. She's got more common sense and practical skills so in that kind of thing I try hard because I don't want to lose. We both know what we're up to which makes us both laugh now mainly because we still like to wind each other up.