New Loyalty Point Scheme - 2 Steps Forward, 5 Steps Back

Boogaloo wrote:

Ryrah, maybe send Jess an email and see if she can help. I know a couple of weeks ago when the scheme was announced she offered to help people out if they were saving for something in particular, so they wouldn't miss out. Not sure if that offer still stands but it's worth a try :)

I sent them off an email and Jess replied in less than an hour. I don't think I will ever get over how good the customer service at Lovehoney is. ^_^

Ryrah wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

Ryrah, maybe send Jess an email and see if she can help. I know a couple of weeks ago when the scheme was announced she offered to help people out if they were saving for something in particular, so they wouldn't miss out. Not sure if that offer still stands but it's worth a try :)

I sent them off an email and Jess replied in less than an hour. I don't think I will ever get over how good the customer service at Lovehoney is. ^_^

N'aww! ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Happy to be of service! ![cool|20x20](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif "cool")

Lovehoney do know how to look after there customers.

Sum Sub wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I'd like to point out some math I did yesterday again, looksie:

Lovehoney: spend £100, get £2 back (1000 points)

Tesco: spend £100, get £1 back (100 points)

Eason+Waterstones: spend £100, get £3 back (300 points)

Sainsburys/nectar: spend £100, get N/A (100 points, but you need 500 points to get £2.50 back)

It's actually just been put in line with everywhere else. So from a business point of view, 2 steps forward no steps back. Hurts because the old scheme was SO generous, but hey. It was fun while it lasted.

And free delivery is now over £20, not £10...:)

This is apples and eggs. You can't compare lovehoney reward scheme to somewhere like tesco or Sainsburys. Supermarkets sell, generally, essentials, on the whole these are sold with tight margins. Sex toys are a luxury or non essential item, and on the whole have high mark-ups. Compare then, lovehoney's new scheme to other luxury, non-essential retailers, rather than to a supermarket. As a consumer it is my right to be angry/annoyed/whatever by the changes in value to the loyalty points, I really don't care about the company's profitability, only about what my pound buys.

I totally agree with this! You sort of have to go to supermarkets, I'm guessing everyone here eats food - so cash back for something you already need is just useful. I definitely spend more money in Tescos than I do on Lovehoney.

I'd liken my Lovehoney spending to somewhere like Boots, I don't shop there very often because I mostly buy my toiletries in supermarkets - but when I want a new hairdryer or electric toothbrush etc, I go there. With my advantage card I get 4 points per pound, which I think is a reasonable amount to have back!

Both Myself and my partner have got items with points and have now got money off spends I like money off spends to be honest I like free gifts but as Alice seems to send an email with a free item if you spend xx amount ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif).

We don't seem to have lost that much in the swap over but I think some lost for all should be expected otherwise Lovehoney would go out of business. I'm just a sad panda about the delivery amount going up as I can't now buy small special offers on a spur of the moment thing. I suppose that saves me money though ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I agree with Ryrah, I can handle the change and LoveHoney has been fabulous in many respects...BUT I am very upset there was so little warning. Jess posted in the request page, but that's all i've found. And that was after my points were gone! I had been saving up my points for a very expensive item. I would have gladly spent some of those points on smaller items I need and not had to pay the shipping cost. True there should be no complaining over free, but I felt I worked and paid for those points, so I feel like they've been stolen from me. Bad LoveHoney for taking your points, (they are yours to take) Like a petulant child i'm going home to pout, no orders from me in the next couple of months, but i'll be back eventually- I love the service, the community and the toys so much.

Canuck LH Fan wrote:

I agree with Ryrah, I can handle the change and LoveHoney has been fabulous in many respects...BUT I am very upset there was so little warning. Jess posted in the request page, but that's all i've found. And that was after my points were gone! I had been saving up my points for a very expensive item. I would have gladly spent some of those points on smaller items I need and not had to pay the shipping cost. True there should be no complaining over free, but I felt I worked and paid for those points, so I feel like they've been stolen from me. Bad LoveHoney for taking your points, (they are yours to take) Like a petulant child i'm going home to pout, no orders from me in the next couple of months, but i'll be back eventually- I love the service, the community and the toys so much.

Hey Canuck LH Fan

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the lack of notice - I wish I could have given more warning. What was it you were saving up for? If you have a mo, pop me an email on bot@lovehoney.co.uk and we can discuss the points on your account, and what it is you were hoping to purchase on the old scheme. 

Thanks!