New Loyalty Point Scheme - 2 Steps Forward, 5 Steps Back

I'm not sure if this thread will be read by anyone, nor do I know if there is anyone who will agree with me however to me after doing a few quick calculations I'm shocked to realise how little my lovehoney points are now worth.

Yes I love the fact they can now be spent on anything, that really is great but what you've valued the points at its shocking. You offer a 2% rewards program, That's 2 Pence in rewards for every £1 you spend!

Look at this another way, you need to spend £500 before you get £10 worth of vouchers and able to order something using your points alone without paying delivery.

Yeah, that side of things is really disappointing. I honestly can't believe how much they've slashed the points value by, I had saved up a really good amount and now it feels worthless. :(

But, the old scheme was too good to be true! I just regret not taking advantage of it while I could.

I'd like to point out some math I did yesterday again, looksie:

Lovehoney: spend £100, get £2 back (1000 points)

Tesco: spend £100, get £1 back (100 points)

Eason+Waterstones: spend £100, get £3 back (300 points)

Sainsburys/nectar: spend £100, get N/A (100 points, but you need 500 points to get £2.50 back)

It's actually just been put in line with everywhere else. So from a business point of view, 2 steps forward no steps back. Hurts because the old scheme was SO generous, but hey. It was fun while it lasted.

And free delivery is now over £20, not £10...:)

Well it is a free world and one without loyalty these days and if you can get better value from elsewhere then shop there. Despite me very much liking Lovehoney and their set up , I do shop occasionally else where .You have to compare all prices these days and compare the overall package too including returns policies etc.I also like being able to walk into a shop and pick up my favourite lube .

As regards the loyalty scheme I accept what you are saying, however for me the list was a bit restrictive and didn't include the higher market end toys. so for me the downgrading of the values is a fair trade off for more flexability .

I think everyone has to assess their own requirements and expectations here .

Just my view .

Factor in all the sales and special offers lovehoney have and you are still on a winner.
I know people who moan over free meals. Some people you just can't please!

mysteron wrote:

As regards the loyalty scheme I accept what you are saying, however for me the list was a bit restrictive and didn't include the higher market end toys. so for me the downgrading of the values is a fair trade off for more flexability .

There was a thread where you could request an item to be available on the scheme, and to my knowledge I've never seen a request denied (correct me if I'm wrong!). It would take a long time to save up the points though, so part payment using points is good, I just wish the value wasn't changed so drastically. 

mysteron wrote:

Well it is a free world and one without loyalty these days and if you can get better value from elsewhere then shop there. Despite me very much liking Lovehoney and their set up , I do shop occasionally else where .You have to compare all prices these days and compare the overall package too including returns policies etc.I also like being able to walk into a shop and pick up my favourite lube .

Just my view .

I thought any item on lovehoney could be bought with oh points in the old scheme? You just had to request that it be converted into a oh points valuation and then it would be available. Trouble was that the luxury items were so expensive through oh points that very few people would actually manage to save enough points to get one!

boogaloo beat me!

JM88 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Just my view .

I thought any item on lovehoney could be bought with oh points in the old scheme? You just had to request that it be converted into a oh points valuation and then it would be available. Trouble was that the luxury items were so expensive through oh points that very few people would actually manage to save enough points to get one!

That was the point really I was trying to make inso far luxury toys would have costed so much in points you could be saving for ever . At least in this scheme you could easily achieve say a £10.00 discount on a luxury toy which would make it now more affordable .

Stuburns wrote:

Factor in all the sales and special offers lovehoney have and you are still on a winner.

I agree with you. When you find a 20% off voucher or when a 25% code pops into your mailbox, you are bound to get a good deal. Oh!Points were/are just an extra.

(I admit I liked the free FedEx delivery for over £100 orders, though. Couriers are generally less likely to wreck your luxury toy than the joint forces of UK/Czech postal services.)

Briona87 wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

I agree with you. When you find a 20% off voucher or when a 25% code pops into your mailbox, you are bound to get a good deal. Oh!Points were/are just an extra.

(I admit I liked the free FedEx delivery for over £100 orders, though. Couriers are generally less likely to wreck your luxury toy than the joint forces of UK/Czech postal services.)

Considering how often I receive discounts in my mail, Oh!Points are really an extra. A welcome extra, but just an extra.

This is sad but at least now we can use them for anything!

And part pay which everyone was asking for anyway. LH have just given us what we wanted :)

Plus with all the other offers and deals that we get on here it's still great :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Sainsburys/nectar: spend £100, get N/A (100 points, but you need 500 points to get £2.50 back)

It's actually just been put in line with everywhere else. So from a business point of view, 2 steps forward no steps back. Hurts because the old scheme was SO generous, but hey. It was fun while it lasted.

This is apples and eggs. You can't compare lovehoney reward scheme to somewhere like tesco or Sainsburys. Supermarkets sell, generally, essentials, on the whole these are sold with tight margins. Sex toys are a luxury or non essential item, and on the whole have high mark-ups. Compare then, lovehoney's new scheme to other luxury, non-essential retailers, rather than to a supermarket. As a consumer it is my right to be angry/annoyed/whatever by the changes in value to the loyalty points, I really don't care about the company's profitability, only about what my pound buys.

Sum Sub wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

This is apples and eggs. You can't compare lovehoney reward scheme to somewhere like tesco or Sainsburys. Supermarkets sell, generally, essentials, on the whole these are sold with tight margins. Sex toys are a luxury or non essential item, and on the whole have high mark-ups. Compare then, lovehoney's new scheme to other luxury, non-essential retailers, rather than to a supermarket. As a consumer it is my right to be angry/annoyed/whatever by the changes in value to the loyalty points, I really don't care about the company's profitability, only about what my pound buys.
I wouldn't count Easons or Waterstones as supermarkets or selling essentials :/ I went with the loyalty cards I have. Sorry none of them sell luxury sex toys but what can you do. I found comparing them interesting, I shared it. *shrugs*

There are at least 2 other active threads on this topic:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1250995-exciting-news-oh-points-loyalty-scheme/

and

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1265108-what-has-happened-to-my-loyalty-points/

There's no point (excuse the pun!) in opening another one.

PokingFun, I agree with most of what you're saying, I am like this too: "I'm still on the fence from a personal perspective. I like the idea, but don't like the value."

I' d just like to point out that up until recently I wasn't very active on the forums, but I did get an e-mail from LH announcing the upcoming changes in the Oh! scheme. The mail is from 16/06 and it announced the new scheme to be effective from 26/06, and it was linked to the FAQ page they specifically set up for this issue.

Fair enough bringing the points into line with other loyalty schemes, but I would never stay loyal to Tesco, Boots etc just for the points in the same way that I have stayed loyal to Lovehoney. Now if I saw the same/similar toy/item slightly cheaper elsewhere I would buy it there instead of here. I know the service here is great but to be honest I would never return a perfectly good toy 350 days after buying it just because I decide I don't like it that much.

I did a order last night and thought it wasnt too bad the points to cash value. I never received an e-mail to explain the changes.

I'm quite disappointed in this. I had points saved up for a Sqweel that I was going to get once I'd sorted out some refunds with Lovehoney. But as soon as I go to do it I find that my 13,000 points barely cover a quarter of something that two weeks ago cost 8,000 points. I wouldn't mind so much if I had been notified about this so I had a chance to use the points beforehand. Now all that saving is basically down the drain. :(

Ryrah, maybe send Jess an email and see if she can help. I know a couple of weeks ago when the scheme was announced she offered to help people out if they were saving for something in particular, so they wouldn't miss out. Not sure if that offer still stands but it's worth a try :)

Ryrah wrote:

I'm quite disappointed in this. I had points saved up for a Sqweel that I was going to get once I'd sorted out some refunds with Lovehoney. But as soon as I go to do it I find that my 13,000 points barely cover a quarter of something that two weeks ago cost 8,000 points. I wouldn't mind so much if I had been notified about this so I had a chance to use the points beforehand. Now all that saving is basically down the drain. :(

Hey Ryrah

Feel free to email bot@lovehoney.co.uk and we'll take a look at your points for you.