New Sex Toy Smell

So I bought a lovehoney silicone sex toy for the first time and it has a plastic/rubber smell is this normal and if so is it possible to remove it?

This is the Dildo:
https://www.lovehoney.co.nz/sex-toys/dildos/non-realistic-dildos/p/lovehoney-flex-appeal-liquid-silicone-suction-cup-dildo-7-inch/a45712g85145.html

1 Like

It’s just like a new car, will soon fade quite quickly

This seems really obvious but wash it, you’ll know its clean then which will help your brain be ok with the smell and the smell will fade naturally anyway. Anything new has a smell, sex toys are no different.

What would be the best method of cleaning? I’ve read about a few methods, such as boiling for steel and 100% silicone toys. However, I’m not too sure if that’s safe. I don’t have any official toy cleaner right now either. Any tips?

Wash it in lukewarm water and mild soap/handwash then dry thoroughly. Don’t store it in contact with any other silicone, rubber or plastic toy.

I just use anti bac hand cleaner to wash my toys. I spray with a toy cleaner after after that and rinse and let dry. But most toy cleaners aren’t anti bac so just use what you have.

Listen to @rockstar advice not to store with other toys and don’t use silicone lube either.

Yeah sounds normal and after a few uses and washes it’ll probably fade