New style dashboard

@steve19 I am with you there mate :+1:

1 Like

I’m struggling with it on the mobile. Seems more fiddly and difficult to go through new as opposed to unread messages. Maybe advancing years and fat fingers aren’t helping :woozy_face:

3 Likes

@Mercyun it’s not just you for sure :+1:

@Gazza_64 found the best way, hit the Lovehoney at the top, then there’s a drop down a little way down for latest / new / unread

Not a fan.

4 Likes

Not a fan , it’s making using the forum difficult.

4 Likes

I find with a lot of online/digital stuff there’s a lot of change for the sake of change, but the change is detrimental to the user. Whatever happened to if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

6 Likes

On a android device it just looks messy and not easy to navigate through.

3 Likes

FWIW, I don’t think the mobile navigation menu is formatted properly yet, so isn’t looking its best.

I think there have been a few new things that people are mentioning in this topic.

The User menu:

(desktop)

The Navigation menu:

(desktop again)

And the Related Topics versus Suggested Topics at the bottom of a topic.

It is interesting to see how everyone has been navigating the site and seeing all the different ways you’re all finding the topics you want to read. Another FWIW, but you can create custom sections to the new Navigation menu so you can add personal links to things to make the menu more ‘yours’ (by using the + button at the bottom).

There’s also a couple of new settings in your Preferences (Preferences/Sidebar) where you can change which categories you want to follow in the menu, as well as the behaviour of the links. If you pick 'link to unread/new…` it may be more what you’re all looking for?

3 Likes

I really don’t like this new layout, I’m sure as I get used to it i will change my mind, I am finding it more difficult to navigate on my phone and it feels more cluttered.

3 Likes

Agreed definitely not very user friendly on mobile. Hopefully it’s still a work in progress.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed

2 Likes

I am crossing everything finger s and even my eyes trying to get through it lol @Sehara

One thing I am now noticing on Safari/Mac is that before the New/Unread topics would be at the bottom of the current one I am reading. this is no more. I have to go back to the home page and select the new or unread buttons to get back to these. certainly preferred it as it was before.

1 Like

If you mean the Suggested Topics, they should still be there if you scroll down a bit further past the new Related Topics section.

Though, in general, I quite like the Related Topics for reading through advice on the same subjects. I think they’re more for reading than replying to, but it’s interesting to see similar topics from across the years.

@Gazza_64 don’t take much to confuse me​:crazy_face:

Trust me I am still struggling with days of the week let alone anything else :crazy_face:

On a similar theme, my OH is currently driving a courtesy car and OMG the dashboard is awful, all style over function. No knobs or buttons as such, just places to touch with a symbol. So you have to take your eyes off the road to even turn up the air con rather than reach for a tactile button to turn without taking your eyes off the road. Both our normal cars are modern but user friendly!

2 Likes

@WillC that sounds like a new golf haha.

They have NO buttons. Everything is literally touch screen. Tourists are our work have a nightmare with them!

1 Like

No not s big fan of it to complicated

3 Likes