We Want You To See Something...

If you click on this link, Lovehoney will look a little different. To un-do it, you will need to clear your cookies, so please only click on the link if you are happy to clear your cookies afterwards.

See a different Lovehoney

Firstly... we'd like it if you could test it for us to find any bugs or glitches.

Please let us know

• The issue, in as much detail as possible. What were you doing? What exactly happened?
  • What browser you were using and the version (e.g. IE 6, Chrome etc)
  • It would help greatly if you could take a screenshot and email it to matthew.curry@lovehoney.co.uk

Secondly... and very importantly we'd like to know what you think.

Remember, change can be startling so don't forget to let it sink in a bit.

Please let us know

• If there is anything you don't like - please tell us why and what exactly makes you dislike it.
  • If there is anything you particularly do like - please tell us why and what exactly makes you like it.

You really can't go into enough detail here (yes, that's a challenge ). Please give us as much feedback as possible and the Lovehoney staff will be reading with interest!

ooh!

I'm loving the blue!

First critique is that the integration with the forum is a bit loose. Not sure the old forum colour scheme works well when embedded in the new style sheet. I'll assume this is a different product and you aren't able to "demo" a new forum style at the same time.

Back to testing!

Ah yes, TC, worth me mentioning that there's more in the pipeline.

toycar69 wrote:

ooh!

I'm loving the blue!

First critique is that the integration with the forum is a bit loose. Not sure the old forum colour scheme works well when embedded in the new style sheet. I'll assume this is a different product and you aren't able to "demo" a new forum style at the same time.

Back to testing!

totally agree.... first impression the old scheme doesnt link the the new colours.... I love it so far though :D

toycar69 wrote:

ooh!

I'm loving the blue!

Back to testing!

totally agree.... first impression the old scheme doesnt link the the new colours.... I love it so far though :D

toycar69 wrote:

ooh!

I'm loving the blue!

Back to testing!

Alice would have my guts for garters if I stole her thunder on the work we're doing on the Community.....

I like the new search bar and checkout bit, not a massive fan of the blue though, but i'm sure i'll get used to it! :)

Great feedback so far guys - just to re-iterate, I'm keen to know "why" you like or dislike something. Is it easier to use? How so? Like or don't like the new colours? Any reason why? Are they more reassuring, or don't you associate those colours with Lovehoney?

The more info you give us, the better we can make it

ok... people are saying blue but I see purple =S...... I actually like the purple, its a good contrast to the pink which makes the name stand out.

The new checkout bit is GREAT and a very much needed and awaited addition!

Also having the live chat help available at the top means no more having to wait till someone gets back to you by email..... well if theres someone available to help at all times...... will need to check that out =)

All in all..... loving it so far!

More comments:

Category titles down the left are a slightly larger font, is this intentional, as other fonts seem to be the same?

Is there any reason for there being a side menu and top menu with the same content? I know this isn't new, but its something I've always wondered.

The new colour scheme feels "unisex", while the old pink did feel girly. Maybe this will make the site more "guy friendly" as sex toys do seem to be a female oriented thing. I'm hoping the girls won't see this as a negative though.

The your account page is also the old style sheet. I'm surprised by this, as I thought that would be cascaded through the shopping app.

NO! What happened to Honey? I liked her.

First impressions: love the new logo

Can't put my finger on why the textured, blue background looks a little cheap.....because it's a bit British Airways? Not sure. Good to see a different colour though.

Chunkier font on the headings or some other tweek would make it look more polished.

If I was a newbie I think I might miss the writing at the top ("log in" etc) but perhaps that's just me.

Search is much easier to find.

Basically, it looks great but not quite finished.

Hey Tigerlilies, - can you let me know what Browser you're using? You shouldn't be seeing weedy heading titles.

I'm so pleased people are saying Blue more than Purple it's definitely a purpley-Blue and not a bluey-Purple!

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Hey Tigerlilies, - can you let me know what Browser you're using? You shouldn't be seeing weedy heading titles.

I'm so pleased people are saying Blue more than Purple External Media it's definitely a purpley-Blue and not a bluey-Purple!

Hello, I'm using internet explorer on Windows 7.

Definitely Blue.

Oh and I can no longer search the forum, all searches take me to products. *sad but bargain scouting face*

I actually don't like the blue.. It's too much of a strong colour compared to the red headings. I think one of them needs to be toned down. Aside from that I found it quite refreshing and somewhat neater and more professional.

I find that the purpley-blue looks really good on the footer Search bit and goes really nicely against the blue hyperlinks and the purple "clicked" links. So perhaps changing the sub headings to purple or more of a pink may give it a more meshed look.

The logo is a much more modern upate on the original. It still has the original LoveHoney feel to it though. I really like it. I see subtle changes but I'm not sure what exactly has changed to find glitches and bugs yet. Is it to do with the layout? It seems to be working quite smoothly. I'm on Firefox 3.6 if it means anything.

so far so good for me...!

x X x wrote:

I actually don't like the blue.. It's too much of a strong colour compared to the red headings. I think one of them needs to be toned down. Aside from that I found it quite refreshing and somewhat neater and more professional.

I find that the purpley-blue looks really good on the footer Search bit and goes really nicely against the blue hyperlinks and the purple "clicked" links. So perhaps changing the sub headings to purple or more of a pink may give it a more meshed look.

The logo is a much more modern upate on the original. It still has the original LoveHoney feel to it though. I really like it. I see subtle changes but I'm not sure what exactly has changed to find glitches and bugs yet. Is it to do with the layout? It seems to be working quite smoothly. I'm on Firefox 3.6 if it means anything.

True, I think the blue can be a bit 'in yeh face, rawhh-you're-looking-at-a-sex-site' which isn't great for the new crowd.

Good point on searching the forums - forgot our weird context-sensitive search.....

TigerLilies, I've changed the heading font, but now I think it looks a bit noddy. Need to find a fine line between "tasteful", "strong" and "mahoosive"

More feedback on Blue please! We originally had some classy textures lightening up the blue (is IS blue!).

I can't read most things that are in red/ dark pink. So I am finding it a little tricky. I have a few friends who find red hard to red too... I like the purple/ blue though.