New to butt play

My girlfriend and I (male) Want to enter the world of anal play not on her but me shes happy to try stuff on me tho. Were pretty vinilna at the moment so looking at what toys are best to start with. Hoping you guys can give us some help through your experiences. I dont want to jump straight in to pegging when losing my anal virginity. Hope your well and staying safe

Hey, we started a short while back too. Recommend that you start with either one of the “starter” toys that Lovehoney identify or if you’re a little more adventurous and want something for during sex, get yourself the smallest vinyl plug. Plugs sit more comfortably and don’t fall out. Vinyl is also easier to insert than metal at first too. If you get into it, you can then go for bigger or heavier toys. Personally I’d highly recommend a prostate massager but you need to work up to one. Get comfortable with it first then take it further. Good luck!

This thread may help.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1871201-anal-for-beginner/

Thank you will definitely have a read with my OH I have ordered the slim line butt plug and BASICS Beaded Anal Prober Just to get things started we will probably move on to bigger better things pretty fast but dont want to rush.

If you use silicone toys don't forget to use a water based anal lubricant. We use the Lovehoney Discover variety.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35809

If you wear an anal plug for a long time the lubricant will dry out and more will need to be applied.

If you're anything like us you will find anal play addictive. We now have more anal toys than any other type.

Unwrapped wrote:

Thank you will definitely have a read with my OH I have ordered the slim line butt plug and BASICS Beaded Anal Prober Just to get things started we will probably move on to bigger better things pretty fast but dont want to rush.

Just had to check and make sure that you weren't my partner as we just ordered the exact same things. :D

Good for you! Congrats on exploring new things.

Preparation: clean out the pipes!

Hands/Toys: I first started out with my own fingers. Now unless it's my wifes fingers(use nitrile gloves and make sure nails are trimmed) I much prefer toys. You're definitely going to want to find your prostate (P-Spot) and enjoy all that has to offer! Try a quality plug or dildo. I highy reccommend the Maia Porpora Swirly, Doc Johnson Platinum- The P-spot, or the Lovehoney Vibrating Inflatable Butt Plug 4.5 Inch. You will find that you need to SLOWLY use toys when getting started, in conjuction with breathing control (exhalation is great for insertion!). People reccommend the Aneros, but I don't enjoy them. If you are starting out solo, try the Nexus Revo series. These things are incredible...

Lube: When picking lube, I prefer a high quality water based lubricant that isn't sticky and lasts a long time. My favorite so far has been Wicked Jelle. Experiment! Try cocnut oil, or other oil based lubes. Just be sure that what you are using is compatible with any toys you might be using.

Pegging: once you become comfortable and learn what works with your body, buy the Spareparts Joque. This is the best harness on the market, hands down. It works with many dildos and the quality is top notch, at an affordable price.

Have fun! It's a great way to explore what many men won't. My wife and I couldn't be happier with many of the reccommended products I listed above.

What's the best way to clean the pipes?

Generally speaking, an hour or two after your normal bowel movement is sufficient to be cleaned out. You can also have a shower before hand and ensure the area is clean, even penetrating with a soapy finger and then rinsing out properly afterwards.

Some like to use a douche. I have on occasion when a big session is planned, again an hour or so after bowel movement and do a few small volume clean outs rather than trying to load up with too much water and relying on a big rinse (if you use too much water, this can actually bring matter into the rectum and create more mess). If douching, you really only need water, tepid or cold, no need to add anything else.

Common sense really, if you have an upset stomach and are visiting the toilet more frequently than normal, than steer clear of anal play. You can also try and avoid foods that might mess with your system a day or 2 beforehand (e.g. spicy food if you are sensitive to it).

There is no 100% foolproof way, if your playing with your ass, theres always a chance of mess, so it may pay to put down a towel or similar that is easily cleared away if things go wrong.

It depends. I’ll usually shower or just make sure I’m clean. If I know we are going to be getting after it at in advance, I’ll do an enema. I also like to shave up and keep everything clean, but that’s just a personal preference. An enema is not required!