New to toys

Me and my partner never used toys, we just wanted know what kind of toys to start off with, we ain’t in to anal toys, we have ordered the game board just for a starter, just after some suggestions

3 Likes

Basic bullet vibrator is a good start, one of the massage wands are good too.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @LJA :slightly_smiling_face:

I second the bullet and/or wand. They can be used on multiple areas of both of you, and are generally discreet enough to use during too (the smaller wands more so than the mains-powered ones :slightly_smiling_face:).

You can also buy a kit/bundle with a few different shapes/styles in to try out what you might like.

1 Like

Hi @LJA! Welcome to the forum!

It’s hard to recommend a toy without knowing you better but I’d probably recommend either a bullet vibrator or a small vibrating dildo which could be used internally or externally.

My first toy was very similar to this one: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/vibrators/realistic-dildo-vibrators/p/lovehoney-triple-tickler-realistic-clear-g-spot-dildo-vibrator-5.5-inch/a410g59518.html

1 Like

Seconding a bullet vibe, great place to start. Very versatile and fun for every gender.
The desire and mantric vibes are both good ones to have a look at if your interested, the tango is the one everyone talks about but it can be too strong for some people.

Blindfolds are also fun, simple and add an element of surprise.

Lube is also an excellent purchase and also comes in many flavours and even sensation ones that tingle on contact. Always good to have in a drawer and especially useful if your using toys, especially anything thats being inserted anywhere.

1 Like

As @Ian_Chimp suggested, kits can be a great way to try out some different things to see what you like and don’t.

As @Kitty-Cat01 says, some more info about you would be helpful. I’d also ask if you are just looking to try something new or if you are looking to close the orgasm gap or if there is another reason you are looking at toys. Not that there has to be specific reason, but it’s helpful to know if there is one.

Otherwise, I’d actually suggest a classic vibe. They can be used externally anywhere as well as vaginally (if one of you has a vagina that is). They are normally inexpensive and pretty simple to use so make great starter toys

2 Likes

Hiya @LJA :wave: Welcome to the forum.

I would say get a bullet and a wand can be used for both of you and don’t look too intimidating

1 Like

@LJA

Welcome to the forum.

Like others have said it all depends what you want to get from the toys you use.

Are they for both of you, do you want separate toys for yourselves and is it to try new things or to help stimulate an area you are already familiar with?

Toy sets are a good way to start as will give you a feel of some of the things out there.

A little more context would help us all provide more suggestions but I would say a bullet, wand or stroker are some good ways to start.

I’d say have a browse of the site and see what takes your fancy :slightly_smiling_face:

My first “toy” was a bullet vibrator that came with a textured silicone cover that could be used to put it on your finger. I thought, and still do think, it’s great. So, I concur with the bullet vibrator. Look at the online catalog together and read the reviews and watch the videos and see what “speaks” to you.

I got my first toys only in the last few months and started with a smallish, silicone dildo, this one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/realistic-dildos/p/lifelike-lover-luxe-realistic-multicoloured-silicone-dildo-7-inch/a38847g71433.html. A close girlfriend also said I needed to get a vibrator if I didn’t have one already and I got a wand which is amazing, I don’t know how I managed without one!

1 Like

Hello,

I have accumulated quite the collection of toys over the past year or two. For starting out I would deffo recommend a bullet type vibrator and then a basic silicone dildo (maybe 6 or 7 inches and a regular girth).

Once u get used to using the basics you can then expand your collection and experiment with new and exiting toys such as the magic wand which is my personal fave.

1 Like