New toy disappointment :(

So I finally took the plunge and bought the 50 shades steel wand. I have been lusting after this toy for MONTHS!! And Idecided to order it before the bank holiday weekend so I was going crazy over those four days waiting for it! And......I'm so disappointed with it ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif) I am gutted! Has anyone else had this about a toy? Ever wanted something for so long and then finally get it and not like it?

It has made me want the njoy eleven even more now though! That thing is in my dreams ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif) I will own it one day.

Anyone have any other recommendations for steel toys? ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Why were you disappointed with the FSD steel wand?

It just didn't do anything for me :( The head isnt big enough (I don't think) for g-spot stimulation and the curve isn't 'curvy' enough to really reach. Admittedly I do need hard stimulation on my g-spot but it just didn't get me going at all. Although I loved the feel of the steel and the weight is sexy as hell so I will definately be getting another steel dildo.

I use a toy a minimum of five times (in different ways at different times when I'm in different moods) before I decide if I can make it work for me or not. It could be a case of high expectations leaving you feeling underwhelmed, rather than a disappointment with the product. I'd try it again and see if you can change the angle or pace to make the wand more enjoyable for you. If not, it might be better to use it as a general vaginal stimulation toy with a clitoral vibrator added in for extra sensation?

For other steel toy recommendations I'd check out the Pure Wand if you haven't already. The bulbous end sounds right up your street! You'd probably be disappointed with the Fun Wand if you don't like the FSD wand.

At least lovehoney have the wonderful return policy. I know what you mean about the weight one of things we love about steel toys. Another steel toy is well worth looking in to purchasing.

Is this the one you want? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9030

It looks amazing and there is a LH video on You Tube which really sells it!

I'd agree with NatandTom though; sometimes you build up a toy and are so excited at the thought of it that it doesn't live up to your expectations. But try using it a few times and see if you can make it work for you. I've been warned off a toy before by a friend who said something I bought was 'rubbish, with no power' - I kept an open mind and it was amazing (it was a wand). It was so good, she decided to dig her toy out and try using it again and it was far better than she remembered! She'd only used it once and it got lost at the bottom of her toy box.

If the head isn't big enough, I'd suggest trying it with a butt plug as that'll fill you up and make your vagina smaller, meaning anything you insert will feel bigger! It also makes finding your g spot easie!

NatandTom wrote:

I use a toy a minimum of five times (in different ways at different times when I'm in different moods) before I decide if I can make it work for me or not. It could be a case of high expectations leaving you feeling underwhelmed, rather than a disappointment with the product. I'd try it again and see if you can change the angle or pace to make the wand more enjoyable for you. If not, it might be better to use it as a general vaginal stimulation toy with a clitoral vibrator added in for extra sensation?

For other steel toy recommendations I'd check out the Pure Wand if you haven't already. The bulbous end sounds right up your street! You'd probably be disappointed with the Fun Wand if you don't like the FSD wand.

I will give it another chance and try some new things out with it. Yes, I think that’s it, the product itself is fantastic, very well made, beautiful to hold and just stunning to look at - I think I was just expecting something more.

But I have been looking at other steel toys and although the njoy eleven was the one I wanted I have just seen the pure wand that you posted and I think that is definitely the one for me! I dont know how I didnt see it before! Thank you for your advice ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

bondagegod wrote:

At least lovehoney have the wonderful return policy. I know what you mean about the weight one of things we love about steel toys. Another steel toy is well worth looking in to purchasing.

Oh yes I'll not be giving up on the steel! I have a steel butt plug that isn't anywhere near the feel of the FSOG wand and it really highlights the 'get what you pay for' mantra so I need to upgrade that bad boy too ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

*sexybabe* wrote:

Is this the one you want? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9030

It looks amazing and there is a LH video on You Tube which really sells it!

I'd agree with NatandTom though; sometimes you build up a toy and are so excited at the thought of it that it doesn't live up to your expectations. But try using it a few times and see if you can make it work for you. I've been warned off a toy before by a friend who said something I bought was 'rubbish, with no power' - I kept an open mind and it was amazing (it was a wand). It was so good, she decided to dig her toy out and try using it again and it was far better than she remembered! She'd only used it once and it got lost at the bottom of her toy box.

If the head isn't big enough, I'd suggest trying it with a butt plug as that'll fill you up and make your vagina smaller, meaning anything you insert will feel bigger! It also makes finding your g spot easie!

That wasn't the one I was looking at orginally but its the one I want now lol, it's stunning and the reviews seem to highlight exactly what I want it to do! Can't believe I didn't see if before!

I'm going to give this one a few more goes as suggested and see what I think then. Thanks for the advice ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

The Pure Wand is on my list too, ever since I saw I'd on the LH You Tube channel!

I also fancy a steel butt plug; the FSOG one looks good and there's an offer at the moment that if you buy the FSOG plug, you get a free beaded glass dildo, I want them both! Just need my stuff to sell on eBay so I can have another spending splurge!!

I check this video out anyway but I'm pretty much already sold lol. It looks proper swanky too ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Yes, I'm in need of a proper steel butt plug too. Torn between one of the njoy ones or a sparkly gem one ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) *sigh* whats girl to do ha ha ha

Got the Lovehoney Curve Cruiser 5 Function Vibrating Prostate Massager yesterday. Probably a bit of an error because I'm new to the whole anal thing. Got it all lubed up and in and to be honest, it didn't do a lot for me. I'm thinking it's probably too big at the moment, because when I changed position and tried again (without the bullet this time), the feeling was better.

More than likely a training thing, I think. Need to experiment and start again with something smaller, then work up.

Probably Boots own battery wasn't powerful enough, either. Will have to get some Energizer Lithium (which are supposed to be the best for high power drain usage, which I presume a bullet vibrator is going to be).

The stroker I bought at the same time didn't really do anything for me either, but that's probably down to over-lubing and the underlying discomfort of the other toy.

Not giving up, though. I intend to persevere and quite fancy working towards being able to wear a decent sized butt plug/prostate simulator all day (actually getting a little stiff thinking about that).

Yes! Lusted after the Lelo Soraya for ages and was so disappointed with it when I finally ordered it :-(
As as been said, thank goodness for the excellent returns policy!

Radrew wrote:

Yes! Lusted after the Lelo Soraya for ages and was so disappointed with it when I finally ordered it :-(
As as been said, thank goodness for the excellent returns policy!

I'm still feeling awful at the thought of returning it though ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I'm still feeling awful at the thought of returning it though

Me too!! Especially as I've returned a few things in the last few months! But, I do spend ALOT of money with LH and buy alot of fairly expensive things I just wouldn't order in the first place if I didn't know the returns policy was so good.

True, we do spend a fair amount too. And now I'm saving up to buy £400 worth of steel toys - not including the £500 or so on my wishlish so they will get their money's worth out of me yet ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Are you really able to return any purchase that you aren't happy with? Even a vibrator?

I have just purcahsed a lelo vibrator (after months of umming & ahhing) and I am so disappointed in it, can I really just send it back?

jickels wrote:

Are you really able to return any purchase that you aren't happy with? Even a vibrator?

I have just purcahsed a lelo vibrator (after months of umming & ahhing) and I am so disappointed in it, can I really just send it back?

Yup! You can exchange for something of the same value or get a refund as long as you're within the 365 days after purchase :)

jickels wrote:

Yes, you can return any item, used or not, within 1 year of purchase. I returned a Lelo Vibrator last month (used)